Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheap Aspiration Rewards (V4 Feb.3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2015 at 12:17 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for Feb. 3rd patch

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tchang
This is a lifesaver but don't you think it's a little too cheap?

Yes, I think it is a bit too cheap. I did this on purpose, because I wanted it right now in my own game for my sim yesterday when I was playing. I'm making this 50% version today, I was sort of busy with the other mod yesterday.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:06 PM
Thank you very much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM
Thank you so much for this, but waiting the 50% version :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:10 PM
The half-cost file is uploaded now. (It may be a moment before it appears.)

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Great info for downloading - you are a gem!
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The half-cost file is uploaded now. (It may be a moment before it appears.)

WOO! Thank you, Shimrod! You're the best!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:16 PM
Shirmod101 you say open the resource.cfg file with notepad, but how do I do that? lol hope I'm not sounding too dumb but need to ask as I am not really knowing this stuff, once learnt though I can grasp the challenge lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
Gracias, perfecto.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM
So very needed tyvm!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:54 PM
Thanks, especially for the half cost version. That seems just about right to me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
Shirmod101 you say open the resource.cfg file with notepad, but how do I do that? lol hope I'm not sounding too dumb but need to ask as I am not really knowing this stuff, once learnt though I can grasp the challenge lol

You find the file in Windows Explorer, double-click on it and if it doesn't open, this window should pop up and you have two choices; you mark the one to choose some program from a list, not the one which says Windoze will go out and search the nett to find a solution. Then you should find Notepad in a list which pops up.

If Notepad isn't there and there isn't Wordpad or anything, I'm sure the ability is there to click search and you see the folder structure for C drive I would think. If you mark the Windows folder, Notepad application should be right in the top level Windows folder, at least in Windows 7.

Banned
#37 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:05 AM
Thank you but that does not work
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmac13
Thank you but that does not work

If you are saying that the mod doesn't work, I think you also need to be on the most recent patch level for this unpackedmod workaround trickery business to work. This is something I do not know as fact though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:53 PM
Nice mod bro.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM
Ok thank you Shimrod101, I have done that and will give it a go, let you know if it doesn't work or does work...... hoping for the does work one

I also found it wise to make a backup of the original Resource file
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:17 PM
i dont know how to make the XML Tuning Mod you were talking about any help??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM
Tried it and it works like a charm, thanks Shimrod101
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
mods not working for some odd reason i see it as enabled in game but everything in game is default price, i
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:39 PM
These mods here are safe from today's Update 09.25.2014, the XML used here wasn't altered by them.

Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:39 PM
Thank you..
But.. To edit the resource.cfg there is a very simple instruction that you didnt post to make sure that it stays a configuration file even if youve chosen save as in notepad.
To do this:
simply add quotes in front and at the end of resource.cfg it shows then as "resource.cfg" configuration file in windows explorer. if you dont do this, then it could be that your resource.cfg is automaticly replaced by your game when you launch it. So make sure your file reads this!

Cheers from Mara
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:11 AM
You are amazing!! Thankyou heaps!!! I was kind of sad that the aspiration rewards were high because I knew my sims wouldn't actually be able to reach all of them in their lifetime, but now they have a fighting chance! Thankyou heap!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:40 AM
Totally needed this. Thank you very much!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maramsp
Thank you..
But.. To edit the resource.cfg there is a very simple instruction that you didnt post to make sure that it stays a configuration file even if youve chosen save as in notepad.
To do this:
simply add quotes in front and at the end of resource.cfg it shows then as "resource.cfg" configuration file in windows explorer. if you dont do this, then it could be that your resource.cfg is automaticly replaced by your game when you launch it. So make sure your file reads this!
Cheers from Mara

No one should be using "Save As" when saving this Resource.cfg file after editing. People should be using "Save", so the file is saved under the exact same name. Windoze does not have the opportunity to give the file a new name or extension on the end if "Save" is used.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkchylde
i dont know how to make the XML Tuning Mod you were talking about any help??

?????? I fail to understand. What "Tuning Mod" are you making yourself?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
Thanks.
Page 2 of 8