Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 2:35 PM Last edited by Diabolicallaughter : 21st Nov 2020 at 2:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Direct X9.0c no compatible graphic adapter available (different)
Hello dear people here on the forum,

I have been facing the biggest problem that I've ever been facing with the installation of this game.
Firstly I want to say, that I have been running The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection successfully before on the laptop that I want to play it on again, I deinstalled it for a time and came back to it now and not it does not work for me anymore.

The error message that I keep getting is the famously known
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

So I've tried basically everything.
I've tried:
- reinstalling
- repairing via Origin
- deleting the config in documents
- reinstalling Direct X 9.0c via DXSETUP.exe method
- using Graphics Rules Maker to add my graphics card into the Video Cards.sgr file
- trying to run TS2UC via Sims2EP9.exe out of TSBin in Program FIles (x86)
- trying to run said exe as administrator
- trying to run in compatibility mode (Vista or XP)
- installed new driver for the graphics card
- installed the 4GB using patch ( which I think, would not change much about the problem but I'm just saying)
To no avail

The only thing that has been working was opening TS2UC in windowed mode, aka pulling the TSBin Sims2EP9.exe on my desktop and adding "-w" behind the path of the file.
But as soon as I want to play in fullscreen mode it tells me about the Direct X 9.0c thing.

UPDATE: Apparently starting in windowed mode also doesn't work anymore, it just opens Origin back up again.

I tried adding my dxdiag-file but the website would not let me do so, I'll see if I can upload it later on.

System specifications are:
Machine name: LAPTOP-3IMOIGH2
Machine Id: {1FC46F42-ED8D-4BDD-A3B7-A99B96C0A608}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
BIOS: F.13 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16226MB RAM

My graphics cards are:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650
Intel (UHD) 630 Graphics
-> I set up that my laptop should preferably use the Nvidia Card but for anything else it uses the Intel Card, so i do not have the option to set GPU Scaling

I would be pleased if anyone could help get this thing running, I've been dying to play The Sims 2 again!

Thank you in advance,
Lisa aka Diabolicallaughter
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag_Diabolicallaughter.txt (122.2 KB, 5 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 4:21 PM
SOLVED:
I again reinstalled the game, previously deleting each and every file possible from the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
Then copying the files from http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6881 for Nvidia cards into the folders. Works very good!