Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moi's Terrain Water Mod Series (1 & 2) (All Game versions compatible)

by niol Posted 28th Jul 2007 at 6:32 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2009 at 5:14 AM by niol

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 2:11 AM Last edited by niol : 9th Sep 2007 at 2:27 AM.
carmskarma,

No, the sea definition is stored in the neighbourhood mod I'm fixing now.
But, I'll update the terrain water later, too as well as releasing the other variants of the series. I'm combining some of the different versions.

Have you tried to build a swim-pool in a beach lot to see if anything happens, too?
The "new" beach is actually the NL lotskirt sea as well. It's been refined with the pool PS2 surface, a thing I would do later.

Also, may try to remove the swim-pool in the beach lot but keep a pond and this mod to see if it's the pool tool conflicts with the beach code-structure and results in the same thing you saw.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:06 AM
Niol, if you are going to do a mod for the sea, making it a little less transparent would be very good I think.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
carmskarma,
Have you tried to build a swim-pool in a beach lot to see if anything happens, too?

Also, may try to remove the swim-pool in the beach lot but keep a pond and this mod to see if it's the pool tool conflicts with the beach code-structure and results in the same thing you saw.

I have done all of the above, and no conflicts that I could discern. My ponds are absolutely gorgeous again. Thank you for this one!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 2:33 AM
Inge,

I'll see if I can make that out, but it's true the sea definition is very transparent according to the definition. After all, I want a red sea, a cyan-bluish, deep-bluish ones as well. :D

carmskarma,
Thanks for testing out. I'm still cleaning up a HD for a new whole game copy with BV.
Problems avoided.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:27 AM
Works great with BV
Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:17 AM
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 8:19 PM
My ponds are fixed!!!
Stupid me thought that BV had broken them, but in fact I had to play with the shaders disabled because of the infamous Nvidia crash... New computer, new card, and everything is right again

Just something I thought I'd mention, but I'm not sure if that's related to the terrain water mod: on one of my lots, the pond water was very pale, almost invisible, in neighbourhood view as well as in lot view - and using the raise/lower ground tools on every other tile fixed it.
Here's a screenshot, with only the left part of the pond fixed this way.

Wondering if you've had any luck with the sea water... I miss your deep blue sea water mod badly
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 2:48 PM
I love this mod Does it need updating for FT? I'd so hate to loose it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 5:02 PM Last edited by niol : 5th Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM.
I''m still analysing some codes.
Can't tell you the result yet but will do so after that's done.

marvine,

sorry. I missed to check the threads of my uploads.
I'll try to finish it after my finishing my lot-modding tutorial about 3D array instance 1 for wall sizes and shapes.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:39 PM
any Objects MOD CAN do a SETTING color HOME BY HOME?

when ONE HOME is LOAD THE COLOR POND LOAD a NICE color DIFFERENT EACH TIME?

OBJECT MOD ?
Theorist
#37 Old 26th May 2008 at 9:22 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:03 PM
I LOVEEEE this mod thanks soo much!!!

heres one of my pics with it :

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036...f71ce5b.jpg?v=0

the best mod i've ever downloaded!!
Forum Resident
#39 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 5:40 PM
Hello, I was wondering if this will work with the EP MG Stuff? For I downloaded the dark blue and installed it I saw no diffrence. Also my video card is strange one in neighborhood no reflections but I go into lots there is reflection on the ocean, I have the Dell Studio Hybrid computer with the Integerated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 is there a way to mod the reflections for this game card? I am not sure why the neighborhood has no reflections and has boxed like land around the water and in lots beautiful reflections! Whats up with this can you tell me at all why? Oh do I put all files in downloads for the S2. Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy002 Thank you!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
dingo35

http://www.modthesims2.com/download...845#post1725845

anglesims2,

Did you mean the "dark blue" is "Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy002" at post 2?
If so, it has no reflection as defined. It has only the swim-pool HSLS sine-wave based "wavy" surface and it can get darkened at night instead of glowing at night.

May you tell whether you've used both the neighbourhood water mod and this terrain water mod, or simply just either this terrain water mod or that neighbourhood water mod?

I've no idea whether this mod will make the neighbourhood in-lot ponds reflective, but
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 10:22 PM Last edited by xjenxfickellx : 7th Dec 2009 at 3:15 AM.
Niol, I just wanted to say tysm! for all your wonderful creations. It took me some doing but I played around with this terrain water mod for a few minutes and I have figured out which one I like the best and that is definitely the deep blue! Ofcourse I thought at first you meant we could only have 1 file per highest EP applicable, but I then discovered its 1 color of water terrain per highest EP compatible. DUH! Stupid me! But I got it...and its just marvelous thank you again! Sometimes I kill myself! HA!

Jen!
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:53 PM
Wonderful! One of the best mods I've ever downloaded!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:55 AM
for some reason this mod just made my water look like it normally does but brown
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 9:30 PM
First of all, thanks for this GREAT mod, Moi. I have a question: Is it possible to make the colour pond like it is in original game but with reflections?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
PLEASE HELP i downloaded Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy001-RGB.rar
and its so cool i loved it with all the shaders and reflection also it looks good when it snows now the problem is if you placed a pond before it snows when it snows it wont have a problem but if you quit the game and load it again the lake will turn pink like something is wrong
also when i visit a lot and it snows whenever i leave to another it also turn pink
if i enter a family with a pond its already pink
what should i do what is wrong???
i tried to remove the pool and see if the reflection was the problem but no its just the pond itself what should i do please help me
my graphic card is a decent nvidia card that has no problem running the sims 2 at max settings at all so i dont think its the problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:45 PM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 11:38 AM
Useful and ingenious! Thank you very much
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#48 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:32 AM
However did I miss thanking this? This has been a well-known mod for years, and still holds up! Wherever you are, thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th May 2018 at 11:19 PM
The reflections aren't working I have reflections enabled, have placed pools, still, no reflection! I have the alienware aurora R6 (with some updated things like the core and graphics card.)
Please help!
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 8:42 PM
Good day!
Thank you so much for the mod. But, reflections in water work in a strange way. For example: instead of reflecting the sky (when viewed from above) - we see the entire site in an inverted form.
Correct reflection only at close proximity of the camera.
Sorry for my English, I used Google
Page 2 of 2