Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 8:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can't ask other Sims to join my band
I've been playing The Sims 3 for a long time now, and when I wanted to create a band I've always been able to do so. Suddenly, I'm playing, I've gotten my active Sim to form the band with another Sim, but I can't add anyone else. There's no "Ask to Join Band" option anywhere in the social interactions. I also have the Master Controller and MC Cheats mod installed, and there's no band option under basic for these two Sims. I even added "Add Sim to Band" to my hot keys, but no dice. The two I'm trying to add are good friends of my active Sim, and the only celebrity in the group is my active Sim, who's got 2 stars. All four Sims also have a high level in at least one instrument, so that shouldn't be a problem either. If it helps, I'm currently playing University Life, and my active Sim and the other current member is his roommate. Of the other two Sims, one is in the same dorm as the current members, the other is from a different household.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 4:16 AM
Have you tried using the MC > Sim > Basic command on your own sim rather than on the targets, but while the targets are on the same lot? Or perhaps on an in-game computer or the lot tag for the Admin Bldg (standing in for City Hall, assuming there isn't one in your instance of Uni World)? Could be mistaken, but I believe the mod command needs to find and recognize an existing band for this to work, not be run on other sims who do not currently belong to one.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 4:52 AM
This question/discussion would be more appropriate in the “help” section of the forum, instead of here in “where can I find...”

goderguy
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 12:31 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Moved