Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:22 AM Last edited by thatmadgirl : 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:47 AM.
Default The "Family Man" Challenge
One of the neatest changes about Sims 3 is not only that sims outside the household continue to age, but sims can be born outside the household and continue to age. Which means that having babies is no longer limited to sims you control. After putting this to the test on my own, I've devised this challenge.

:lovestruc The "Family Man" Challenge :lovestruc

GOAL: Father as many children as you can.

I. Getting Started

1. Make a MALE sim in create-a-sim.
2. You may make him any way you wish. I would recommend giving him the "heartbreaker" lifetime wish (be the partner of 10 sims) since that will be the easiest to fulfill in the course of this challenge, though it's not mandatory.
3. Set his lifespan to Normal.
4. Purchase any house you like.
5. You can use any kind of monetary cheat you like, but that is the only kind of cheat you can use. "Motherlode" to your heart's desire if you want - but remember, money doesn't buy you love!
6. You can put other sims you've created in the town, but your sim CANNOT engage romantically with female sims you've created.

II. To-Do List

There is only one thing you must do in this challenge:
1. Father as many children as possible. Children are counted by your family tree. Your tree should start to look something like this:

III. Things to Know
1. Children do not have to all be from the same mother (in fact, if you want to do this challenge well, as many mothers as possible is best).
2. The children do not have to live with your sim.
3. Your sim does not have to ever meet his children.
4. Your sim does not have to be the partner of the children's mothers.
5. The mothers may be married to other sims.
6. Your sim may not marry or move in any female romantic partners unless they are elders.
7. Children's mothers MUST be pre-existing sims or sims born in the game (i.e., not created by you).
8. You may use the fertility reward if you have enough points to buy it (and any other rewards that you think may be useful).
9. You must play as your sim the entire time - no switching to other households.

IV. Scoring

Scoring is very simple! Your score is the number of children that your sim has before he dies. If he's the only one in the household, make sure you count them up before the reaper comes!

I know this is a little deranged, but it's an interesting experiment in genetics, too! What happens when the entire town is overrun by siblings?

You can see my experiment with this concept here: Heartbreak Jack

If you decide to try this out and manage to get all the way through, please comment and let people know how many kids you ended up with! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:25 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting. What should the Sim's lifespan be set to?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
I looked at that screenshot and choked. That man has been hard at work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Verno77
Hmm, sounds interesting. What should the Sim's lifespan be set to?

Ahhh, very good question. I suppose to be fair in terms of a "challenge," they all ought to be the same - so I'd say set it to Normal.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:07 AM
I laughed so hard at that family tree! I normally don't take part in challenges but this one is just too special to pass up.

Look out, ladies of Sunset Valley. Michael Jackson's coming to impregnate you.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
yeah! this is the challange that i should try!!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:19 AM
I did this once on Sims 2 (with a female sim, though.) and this one sounds really fun!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:15 AM
FAMILY MAN!? I think not.
I say something more along the lines of, The "MEH, condoms are for sissies!" Man. LOL.

I love this idea. I might have to try this.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:57 PM
Any rule about hanging out near the theater for instance and woohoo'ing (try for baby) while touring the theater? My towns whole female population better watch out if its allowed :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:40 PM
Hahaha this is hilarious. I have too much going on to try this now, but probably will later. Meanwhile, I am dying to see how many spawns other people end up with. Please, post your scores! :-D
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
Look out, ladies of Sunset Valley. Michael Jackson's coming to impregnate you.

O__O Oh dear God no
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
O__O Oh dear God no

He's been very efficient. Despite being insane, ladies never reject his social interactions. Here are his first two offspring by the same woman - she had twins.

Chocolate and vanilla twins, might I add.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Oh yeah, I am so doing this challenge. My first victim....Agnes Crumplebottom muahahahaha. lol
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:04 PM
omigod... i am soooo donig this!

Somebody help me get out of this nightmare.
So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:29 AM
LOL! I LOVE it!!! I'll try it as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post pics, because my game is on a PC that is not connected to the internet I'll definitely let you all know how many children my Sim ended up with by the time of his death though
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
LOL! I LOVE it!!! I'll try it as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post pics, because my game is on a PC that is not connected to the internet I'll definitely let you all know how many children my Sim ended up with by the time of his death though

You could put the picture on a usb drive or a CD and transfer them to the computer that has Internet access.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:47 AM Last edited by exxotic92 : 24th Jun 2009 at 3:58 AM.
Princess Leia: LMAO! That's cute! Chocolate and Vanilla. Also, you did a great job creating Michael Jackson. It looks just like him! :D

thatmadgirl: I am so going to try this challenge, it sounds friggin awesome. I only have one question though. Do you still get a say-so in the baby's name even if the mother is no living with you when she gives birth?

"A little consideration -- a little thought for others -- makes all the difference."
- Eeyore

Animal Lover | Family Oriented | Loner | Socially Awkward | Unstable
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:05 AM
No you don't get a say in the name.

Ok, I have a problem. My sim is half way through young adult hood and he already has 12 kids and completed his lifetime want as a heartbreaker. But the problem is, that now, whenever he tries for a baby, it NEVER WORKS!! I've tried with two different girls, I've tried exiting to the main menu without saving and I tried quiting the game but it still didn't work. He even has the fertility reward thing! Before now, he had never had a failed try for baby(He had been rejected but everytime the girl got pregnant. Do you think that maybe the neighborhood has decided that there are too many babies and that it won't let me have anymore until some grow up? Do you think it might be a bug. Somebody help me please!!!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
No you don't get a say in the name.

Ok, I have a problem. My sim is half way through young adult hood and he already has 12 kids and completed his lifetime want as a heartbreaker. But the problem is, that now, whenever he tries for a baby, it NEVER WORKS!! I've tried with two different girls, I've tried exiting to the main menu without saving and I tried quiting the game but it still didn't work. He even has the fertility reward thing! Before now, he had never had a failed try for baby(He had been rejected but everytime the girl got pregnant. Do you think that maybe the neighborhood has decided that there are too many babies and that it won't let me have anymore until some grow up? Do you think it might be a bug. Somebody help me please!!!

Hmm, I've no clue. It should work because I have 24 kids in my game right now. Check if their households are full? That happened to me because this one lady had 6 kids by Michael Jackson so she reached the limit in her household.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
OK, I'll do that.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:54 AM
Best. Challenge. Ever.
My sim is kinda becoming an ass. His wants roll out to be hilariously degrading and awful. Hes got a bunch of kids so far but I gotta find new chicks cause their houses are too full :XD
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarasvati
I looked at that screenshot and choked. That man has been hard at work.

Meow, whipcrack.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:20 AM
Are we allowed to split households and move people around or kill unwanted roommates (or mothers, once they've served their purpose *snicker*)? Or is that part of the challenge? It's getting harder to find love interests because my households are getting full. I could fit a few more offspring if the mothers didn't have random creepy men living with them. I was thinking I could stuff all the men/elders together or something.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
He's been very efficient. Despite being insane, ladies never reject his social interactions. Here are his first two offspring by the same woman - she had twins.

Chocolate and vanilla twins, might I add.

LOL, nice!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:28 AM
Oh gosh, this challenge is hard... Michael's got plenty of energy but almost all the female Sims are teens or elders. I think I've woohooed with the entire town.

I'm about to try if I can hit on, er, the dead.
Page 1 of 12