Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:48 PM
Default Animation won't work
Is there a problem with Milkshape, SimPE and/or Sims 2 with Windows 7? Lately I can't seem to get a newly created pose or animation to work. I just created an animation that seems to work in Milkshape. I through the proceedure shown in the YouTube video titled "How To Make Sims 2 Animations Poses". When I go into the game and click to start the animation all the Sims do is just stand there. It still reacts to whatever is going on around it so it's not frozen. It acts like the command doesn't exist. The file name is the same in SimPe's import file and hack file. The instances are in correct order (as in 101E, 101F, 1020, 1021). The operands are correct (0E, 0F, 10 ect.). I have made several poses in the past but lately they just don't want to work correctly. I have been redoing my old pose boxes and updating them with the old poses redone. They usually work. But the poses I create from scratch seems to bug out. Any ideas out there?

I've created another animation with an old pose I had. It seems to work fine in Milkshape when I run the anim. But it doesn't want to do a thing in the game.
Advertisement
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:26 PM
This question is better to be asked in Creator issues in Advanced section. Also it's best to actually attach the file and/or show a picture of the file in Simpe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
This question is better to be asked in Creator issues in Advanced section. Also it's best to actually attach the file and/or show a picture of the file in Simpe.

I've posted this problem at a couple of other sites and so far no help. For your information more than 150 people has viewed this post and so far the only reply I got was your suggestion to go somewhere else, and you didn't even supply a link to your suggestion. And where is this so called "Advanced" section you mentioned? I didn't see it here at the creator feedback forum. You should supply a link to go with your suggestions.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:32 AM
Hi tanina

The Creator Feedback Forum is for asking if your pictures, files, description, or other aspects of your upload need improvement or additional work/information and not for getting help on how to create something. I believe Lidi was referencing the Creator Issues forum, which is for questions about upload issues, which is not what you need.

I will move this thread to the Animation & ANIM Files forum, where hopefully someone can help you. (150 views is not a lot, considering the vast majority of those are people who were most likely simply curious as to what the thread was about. ) Animations are one of the most advanced and most difficult things we can mod in TS2, so please try to be patient and understand that the number of people who can help may be fairly limited.

Finally, if you are ever feeling lost, you can always check out the Site Map, ask where something goes in the Site Questions and Issues forum, or PM a member of staff.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Hi tanina

The Creator Feedback Forum is for asking if your pictures, files, description, or other aspects of your upload need improvement or additional work/information and not for getting help on how to create something. I believe Lidi was referencing the Creator Issues forum, which is for questions about upload issues, which is not what you need.

I will move this thread to the Animation & ANIM Files forum, where hopefully someone can help you. (150 views is not a lot, considering the vast majority of those are people who were most likely simply curious as to what the thread was about. ) Animations are one of the most advanced and most difficult things we can mod in TS2, so please try to be patient and understand that the number of people who can help may be fairly limited.

Finally, if you are ever feeling lost, you can always check out the Site Map, ask where something goes in the Site Questions and Issues forum, or PM a member of staff.

Thanks for the redirect. I would never have found it (and I did try to search for it but had no idea what it would have been called). I've since corrected the problem by creating a whole new pose box. The anims are working correctly now. It's funny how they won't work in one but will work in another.

I do have another pose problem with floating sims. Since you want pics I will create them and post a new thread. And thank you again for the redirect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanina
Thanks for the redirect. I would never have found it (and I did try to search for it but had no idea what it would have been called). I've since corrected the problem by creating a whole new pose box. The anims are working correctly now. It's funny how they won't work in one but will work in another.

I do have another pose problem with floating sims. Since you want pics I will create them and post a new thread. And thank you again for the redirect.

Hmmm, okay, I may be missing something but how do I start a new thread? I went to the "animation & anim files" page and can't find where to post it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 5:21 PM
Big green button that say "Post New Thread".

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Big green button that say "Post New Thread".

Okay, show me where is this "big green button".
Screenshots