Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:32 PM Last edited by atomtanned : 17th Apr 2021 at 6:37 AM. Reason: Solved thanks to HugeLunatic!
Default Can't figure out how to make object recolorable - SOLVED
I've tried following several tutorials to make an added subset recolorable, but I must be missing something. I've spent hours trying to figure out where I've gone wrong and just can't seem to find my mistake, wondering if someone would be willing to take a look at my files?

I've successfully converted a desk from TS4 base game. Because of the way the mesh is set up, it's cloned off a 1-tile desk by HugeLunatic so that the computer and chair sit in the middle of the mesh. Looks good in game, works fine, etc. I followed this tutorial to add the subsets (one for the desk itself and one for the transparent glass top) & enable the desk subset to be recolorable. But no matter what I've tried, the object shows as "not redesignable" in game.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help out!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  atomtanned - 4t2 Drafting Desk.rar (537.8 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:47 PM
Hello!  I think you are using the wrong GUID in the mmat.  If you look at your OBJD, the one with -1 in the Multi-Tile sub index is the main one.  Try ticking the box or update MMATs, commit and save. 
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Hello!  I think you are using the wrong GUID in the mmat.  If you look at your OBJD, the one with -1 in the Multi-Tile sub index is the main one.  Try ticking the box or update MMATs, commit and save. 

Oof, that was it! Thank you so much for your answer, you've helped me a few times now and I really appreciate it! You're the best!