Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#101 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:49 AM
Srikandi answered that question just few replies above this one, when I asked the same thing. I think you can find the High Rise Shell -list useful, because it tells you how many usable floor each building has.

Shell list
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 7:43 PM
Where do you find the mailbox for apartments? I started building an apartment block by adding a shell and editing, but it gave me a normal mailbox and garbage can. I found the garbage chute for apartments in buy debug, but idk where I could find the apartment mailbox. If I can't find it will the normal mailbox work in an apartment?

Go suck an elf...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#103 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 8:04 PM
brillo_pad, you need a mod to make the mailbox show up. I have one in the Create-a-world resources section, and hugeLunatic has one (with a trash chute) in her downloads.
Forum Resident
#104 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 9:34 PM
Brilliant, thank you!

Go suck an elf...
Alchemist
#105 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 1:18 PM
By the way, if you upload a modified high rise, will the mailbox and the trash chute stay or does the downloader need the mod as well?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#106 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 2:49 PM
The mods HugeLunatic and myself made are both just overrides to the way the objects are displayed in the catalog- they are not actually new objects, or clones. So all they do is to allow you to access the EA objects. People who use lots with these items in will not need to download the mods themselves, the items will show up just fine (as they do if you transfer one of the EA apartments to another world).
Alchemist
#107 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 3:49 PM
I kind a thought so because they are game objects but I just wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks for confirming it. I have soon three different high rises ready for upload and I didn't want to mess up anything.
Test Subject
#108 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 6:05 AM
how can i add a hot tub to my penthouse? i don't want to edit the building.

Thanks Srikandi for this nice thread
Alchemist
#109 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:08 PM
Use the "moveobjects on" cheat.
Test Subject
#110 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:28 PM
thanks a lot
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:37 AM
I was able to expand my apartment... But when I replaced my the front door, my sims suddenly couldn't get into the apartment anymore.
Anybody else ever had this problem or have an idea what I could do to fix it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#112 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:10 PM
ElleShipples, is the door obstructed in any way? If it is a custom door, try replacing it with an EA door. Make sure the area the door leads to is a public space.

Also, you could post a plan view screenshot if you can't fix it, so that we can see what's happening.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 9:57 AM
Bumping with a question. Has anyone found that editing high-rises messes with their game long after the editing is done and you've played in the edited apartment successfully? I'm now discovering that when I switch to certain families living in edited high-rises, I end up in the town map view with no UI so I have to use task manager to quit the game. It's the same error that occurs if you edit the apartment in live mode... Hope I'm making sense.

Some of my families living in edited high-rises work fine but others don't after a while. I've tried evicting the family, saving the edited high-rise to my library, deleting the high-rise and replacing it with the library copy. No luck.

I have no CC (just EA store content) and no mods.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#114 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:31 PM
This is very helpful, thanks
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
I have a slightly different question about the highrises... I hope this is a good place to post it...

I have been building community lots for my new CAW World. Does anyone know if it is possible to place more than one highrise building on a large community lot?

I'd like to do this to give the impression of more buildings closer together, for a city, "Wall Street" look/feel. I also have a rabbit hole (Doo Peas Business building) on that lot. Ideally, I'd like to place two or three highrises on the lot (just for decoration, not for living in or anything), in addition to the Doo Peas rabbit hole.

I've been able to place one high rise, and I've noticed that it can be placed slightly, or even about halfway, off the lot. But I can't seem to place more than one highrise anywhere on the same lot, even if the "footprint" is entirely on the lot, and nothing else is in the way. I've tried to place it with "moveobjects on". It doesn't give me a message why, it just doesn't place. Is there a limit of only one high rise building shell per lot, does anyone know? And if so, any workarounds?

(I know this thread is a little old, but if anyone sees this and replies, "thanks" in advance!)
Inventor
#116 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 11:21 PM
I don't know about any ways to place more than one high rise on a lot, but you *could* try placing smaller custom sized lots together.

To illustrate my point: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438482
elmenhorster created that "close together" look by placing small lots and clustering them.

Inge created a tutorial/package for custom sizes, found here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=207.0

Hope that helps; or if not, maybe someone has another workaround that is better.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
I don't know about any ways to place more than one high rise on a lot, but you *could* try placing smaller custom sized lots together.

To illustrate my point: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=438482
elmenhorster created that "close together" look by placing small lots and clustering them.

Inge created a tutorial/package for custom sizes, found here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=207.0

Hope that helps; or if not, maybe someone has another workaround that is better.

Hi! Thanks for replying so quickly!
Yeah, that's what I've figured I'm going to have to do... I was trying to keep the number of lots down because I already have about 150 and I don't want to go much above that, but I guess one huge lot with four buildings on it is probably just as bad, processor-wise, as four small-medium lots with just one building/object on each! Oh well! Thanks so much for the suggestion though, GigaRevival. I was hoping I was missing something simple. I wonder what the point of that restriction is?
I should probably go ahead and try that lot size adjuster too, (even though the words "xml tuning" scare the daylights out of me)... It drives me crazy when I delete a 30x40 CAW created lot for whatever reason and then remember that I can't replace it in-game... Why, oh why did they not make the same tool for creating lots available in game?
Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:24 AM
Default I know an easier way
You could always just do this.. i find it easier. do the usual "testingcheatsenabled true" then go to the lot your wanting to edit then hold down shift and left click on the lot and click on either "buy on this lot" or build on this lot" AND THERE YA GO lol
Test Subject
#119 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:41 AM
bump it up please
Alchemist
#120 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by honeygirl25
bump it up please

What do you mean?
Instructor
#121 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 4:56 PM
She means, make the thread go up in order to find it more easily. I do have a question though: Is it possible to retexture the shells?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Alchemist
#122 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
She means, make the thread go up in order to find it more easily. I do have a question though: Is it possible to retexture the shells?

Oh, sorry. It would be great if we could. It would give more variety but I haven't found an answer yet, either.
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 8:53 PM
RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings doesn't work anymore
Test Subject
#124 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 4:10 PM
Place a furnace then it should allow you to go up a level, worked for me with markers gone and cheats activated.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluek
RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings doesn't work anymore

It does if you have testingcheatsenabled true on. If you have mods like nraas super computer and awesome mod installed you don't have to insert testingcheatsenabled true because it's already in game. Well, I'm not exactly sure on the awesome mod front but it is with nraas super computer and story progression
Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: Say No! to thread necromancy.
Page 5 of 6