Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pookalion
I can't see the tutorial pictures either. I can probably muddle through the rest of it, but the first one that shows you the sizes you need for your tiles... Seems kinda important. I'm using Paint.NET. Help?

On another board, Delphy has informed us that these tutorial pictures were stored on a server that went down and had no backup. But the tutorial itself is well written, if you're the type of person who can learn from text without pictures.

I also discovered that when I opened HomeCrafter and started messing around with it, there were blank size templates already set up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaDraconis
I downloaded Paint.NET, but it wouldn't allow me to open more than one copy of itself at a time. Is there a specific version I am supposed to use for this? Please PM with help...

I was having that problem too. But it seems maybe paint.NET reinvented themselves because after a few minutes of frustration, I opened a "new" blank window and the old template stayed open as well. I could switch between windows in the upper right corner.

Hope this helps!!
Test Subject
#353 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 12:13 AM
Default Tutorial Addendum for Paint.NET Users
Re-Written in brief for the 'updated' version of Paint.NET. No pictures. Sorry! This isn't meant to replace the original tutorial, just some points that might help on your way through.

1) Find your texture and save it as an image file on your computer.

2) Open Paint.NET.

3) Open a template (For walls: 256 pixels by 768 pixels, for floors: 256 X 256). Open your texture. Both windows will stay open and you can switch between them in the upper right corner of the program.

4) Size your texture - HystericalParoxysm's original tutorial is a great help.

5) To sharpen the picture you now go to Effects -> Photo -> Sharpen, but it seems to do this automatically.

6) Copy and paste your texture into the template. Add borders, add noise, fluff, etc.

7) For walls, re-size to 256 x 512. Floors are fine.

8) Save.

9) Follow HP's steps to change them over to game tiles.
Test Subject
#354 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:45 PM
Thanks for this tutorial I just made my first wallpaper with this and indeed it was easier then I thought.
Banned
#355 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 9:16 AM
Help
help! i cant find the package of my wallpaper i only have the sims2pack of it
Site Helper
#356 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkygamer12
help! i cant find the package of my wallpaper i only have the sims2pack of it
Install the Sims2Pack and you will get the package.
Banned
#357 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:16 AM
HELP

I cant make my floral wallpaper set turned to a package file its say on the guidelines
(walls and floors)
i gotta make them package since its my first time to upload I dont know how pls help me
Banned
#358 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Install the Sims2Pack and you will get the package.

ummm... where can i find the package when i install it??
Site Helper
#359 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:21 AM
If you are using the Clean Installer, then it will install in the folder which is specified in the install dialog.

Where you look depends upon your operating system. On Window XP, I look under My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads.
Banned
#360 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 12:23 PM
ok.. thank you very much!
Test Subject
#361 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:27 PM
Can't see the images!! Can't see your settings!!
Test Subject
#362 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 3:53 PM
Wauw, thank you so much for this tutorial!!! It is very, very helpful even though I (for some reason) cannot see the pictures you have included...

Test Subject
#363 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 1:40 PM
Default Broken Links
I cant get the Program from EA because the link to it is broken. I also tried going to the website but it also appears to be broken. Please help!
Theorist
#364 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:20 AM
Thanks, HP!

Really didn't know what to do with HomeCrafter Plus. So, bye, I'll now do some ground covers!
Lab Assistant
#365 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:18 AM
First of all, thank you so much for this tutorial! I will be making some Walls/floors veery soon!

Just a question, since the official EA site is down, where can I download homecrafter plus? (I deleted mine ages ago when w got a new computer)

Guess what cheese
Test Subject
#366 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:37 PM
I really apreciate you write this tutorial.But could you please fix the images?
Thank you!
Test Subject
#367 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 10:41 PM
Working HomeCrafter Link!
Quote: Originally posted by MarylenaSTAR
First of all, thank you so much for this tutorial! I will be making some Walls/floors veery soon!

Just a question, since the official EA site is down, where can I download homecrafter plus? (I deleted mine ages ago when w got a new computer)

This link worked for me this evening.. hope it helps:
http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/homecrafter.php
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:22 AM
hmm, your images seem to be spazzing out, so this tutorial was difficult to follow, just a heads up!
:P

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Test Subject
#369 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:39 AM
Default Help! Insert frantic waving motion
Hi, I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this page, but I noticed noneof the images work anymore. That makes it a teensiest bit harder to follow, but anyway, that's not the biggest issue I have. I was all fine and dandy until I imported my file to homecrafter. There, it showed up with big black sections in between every one of my sections in the preview pane. Any clue asto what I did wrong? All my sizing is correct, or seems to be at least.
Hopefully one o you amazing people know. Thanks in advance, Wolfie.
Scholar
#370 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 2:33 AM
Just to get it out of the way, in case you missed it -- did you look at it with the grid view off? If you look in the left side under the image, you'll see that option. If the grid view is on it looks like bold black lines.

Otherwise -- sometimes I find that a perfect-looking image has an adge issue once I bring it into Homecrafter. I just go backl to the graphics program and snip the edges and resize and try again. Usually it works then. Even if the image looks exactly the same when I'm through with it as it did the time before.
Test Subject
#371 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Just to get it out of the way, in case you missed it -- did you look at it with the grid view off? If you look in the left side under the image, you'll see that option. If the grid view is on it looks like bold black lines.

Otherwise -- sometimes I find that a perfect-looking image has an adge issue once I bring it into Homecrafter. I just go backl to the graphics program and snip the edges and resize and try again. Usually it works then. Even if the image looks exactly the same when I'm through with it as it did the time before.

Yeah, we're not talking like thin black lines, we're talking like one thin, stretched to be tall version of my thing, then a section of solid black the size of three of the stretched out version of my thing, repeat the pattern. That's what shows up in the preview. Wait a second... it IS supposed to me 256 by 512 PIXELS, right?
Test Subject
#372 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:19 AM
Default Nevermind
Nevermind about my previous comment. I tried the wrong file today on accident (the one I had so much trouble with yesterday) and, without changing anything, it worked today for some reason! No clue why it did that, but whatever, it works now! Thank you for the kind suggestions.
Field Researcher
#373 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:52 AM Last edited by DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo : 17th Jul 2012 at 6:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MC3FAN
I cant get the Program from EA because the link to it is broken. I also tried going to the website but it also appears to be broken. Please help!

Same here! Please assist!
Or is there a way to make floors without homecrafter?

Edit: Never mind, I found a working link elsewhere in the thread.
Test Subject
#374 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 2:25 PM
No images shown! It's hard to follow the tutorial without knowing settings visible only in non-existing images. Please, update this tutorial so that we can see everything.
Lab Assistant
#375 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 3rd Apr 2013 at 12:04 AM.
It's not as if I really expect an answer, but I am going to try. I downloaded homecrafter. I have GIMP, which is a new program for me. I was used to PSP 7. Paint.Net has a file issue with the dll files. I am at a loss right now on how to create anything in my game and to share. Any answers for this dll issue or do I just need to get out my PSP 7? I am not confident with GIMP. I don't know much about it.

EDIT: it's now 5/6 months later. I went back to Paint Shop Pro and now I recolor hair, and do just about everything I can think of. I even opened my own TS2 site and forum. I learned on my own and from reading tutorial's. I was used to alpha's and creating anyway. I found that Sims 2 is really no different. Alpha files, raster layers, alpha edits, and so on.
Page 15 of 16