Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#251 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 10:21 PM
Hmm...as far as I know I was...I'll have to check again and make sure.

There is no such thing as too many downloads...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 10:33 PM
Ok just checked and yes, it was bmp when I opened it AND when I saved it. I know the tutorial says not to choose the "alpha" one, but also using the "package" file would be wrong too? Nothing happens when I hit refresh. I get the hourglass, but no change is made.

Test Subject
#253 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 9:15 PM
Does some one speak dutch??
I cant figger it ou what there all standing!!
Can some one please help me??
thanks a lot!!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#254 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 11:41 PM
You shouldn't be seeing the package file at all. That should be opened, and you will see two files - one that ends with "texture.bmp" and one that ends with "alpha.bmp" (the third would be the Normalmap, which is the bumpmap, not all files have one).

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#255 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 1:52 AM
i have tried and tried to get this on the game

but it comes out with different parts everywere anytips
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#256 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 1:55 AM
jay29617, that's not what this tutorial is covering. You want this one instead: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91242

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#257 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:52 AM
i dont have photoshop!!!!
theres a problem I DONT HAV PHOTOSHOP!!!! wat can i do??
retired moderator
#258 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:56 AM
vanessa, any graphics editing program that supports layers and interesting brushes should be able to be used for skinning/recolouring, with some reading of help files and faqs for that specific program to see what the different commands are and how they work. There are many programs that can be used (including several nice free ones). See the Skinning FAQ for more info.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#259 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 11:34 AM
i dont help me a bit!!
Test Subject
#260 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 8:18 PM
It's not a perfect program (it's far away of beeing one) but for this simple thing is the Microsoft Office Photoshop enough!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#261 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 6:40 PM
See HystericalParoxysm's post 3 messages up. I uhm don't think Microsoft Office has a program named 'Photoshop', btw, so if you do ask for advice about it, be sure you post the exact correct name.

When you are learning to skin, you'll want to choose a program that has layers and other useful features - so that you don't need to keep learning yet another new program when you want to do something a bit more complicated. The FAQ has links to a couple free programs that are fairly high powered for free... I suggest focusing your attention on one of them, and then you'll likely be able to get help here.
Test Subject
#262 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 7:05 PM
How do you get onto Photoshop
retired moderator
#263 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:17 PM
Okay guys, seriously, anyone else asking "how do I get Photoshop" or "what do I use if I don't have Photoshop" needs to READ. That's covered SEVERAL times in this thread and it's also covered in the Skinning FAQ. Any further silly questions in that vein that have already been answered many times over are just gonna be deleted. We're happy to help but if you can't look a few messages up, there's really not much we can do to teach you.

Test Subject
#264 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 1:48 AM
Hey, I love your toar, it's very clear and step-by-step, but tell me please how do I open the "Photoshop"?? Please write back soon......
retired moderator
#265 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:00 AM
Photoshop is a program you have to buy - either you have it installed and can access it from your start menu, or you don't have it. You would know if you did - it's a fairly expensive program. If you don't have it, as I said the post above yours, there are alternatives covered both in this thread and the Skinning FAQ on this forum.

Test Subject
#266 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 3:30 AM
Ok Faylen, I'll mess around with it some more...I'm about ready to give up and wait until I can afford the exact program everyone is using though lol...I just can't get this! Thanks

Test Subject
#267 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 8:53 PM
Thanks for the helpful tips!

♥þlumbøb-◊~§1GGY.~◊-þlumbøb♥

¤"U ThîÑk MøÑêy Grøws Øn Trêês! ~MøÑêy Trêê"¤

◊Stêa£ My þlumbøb & I Diê!◊

♥bÁm£uVêR5489♥

^¿^Twî§Têr§îm525^?^
Test Subject
#268 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 11:52 PM
Thank you So so so so much! I was so confused!
Test Subject
#269 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:51 AM
Default What If?
Umm, I don't have photoshop so how do I recolor things with photo impression? 'Cause thats all I got.
retired moderator
#270 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:21 AM
silver_and_green, any program that can handle multiple layers and interesting brushes can be used to recolour - in VERY similar ways as described here. You may have to play around with your program before you'll learn all the controls and see how to do everything comparable, but just about anything can do this. Try the help file for your program, or see if they have a website with basic tutorials on using that program. Then come back here and you should be able to follow the steps here, just maybe using slightly different tools.

Test Subject
#271 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 3:04 AM
thanks for this

Roxy 35
Test Subject
#272 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:49 AM
Omg
oh my god! thank you so ,uch i could never work out how to recolour and then i read your Recolor Tutorial Part 1: Basic Recoloring and i was amazed!!

thankyou,

tink

Manda Panda
Lab Assistant
#273 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:13 PM
waw, tq, you are very very best!!!!! tq tq tq tq
Test Subject
#274 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 6:22 PM
do you have to use photoshop????????? I was told that I could just use paint, and I have, but I can't get it back to bodyshop once it has been recolored. I am having the same problem as many of these people with downloading. I download, unzip, and I click on the icon, and then the blue sims2 screen comes up saying "double-click on the custom content that you wish to install" AND I JUST DID! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, THIS IS REALLY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
retired moderator
#275 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 10:16 PM
No, Shadow_Cat, you CANNOT use Paint. It does not do enough to be used for this. And your downloading issues are unrelated to this tutorial: see the Game Help section for that stuff. If you, oh, I dunno, read up a couple messages, you'll see discussion about what you can use instead, and see the Skinning FAQ in the main Body Shop Skinning forum for links to alternate programs.

Page 11 of 12