Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#51 Old 29th May 2005 at 1:03 AM
OK, you need to "Save As", not Save. Save As will overwrite the original file. Save will save it as something new. You will then need to make sure that the file name and format are correct. Your paint program is going to want to save it as some other format than bitmap, so you need to select "BMP" from the list that will pop down, and >then< make sure the filename is identical to the one you're overwriting.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 29th May 2005 at 2:52 PM
Thank you very much feylen
I DID IT
I'm so Proud of myself
Instead of ("save and the save as") what you mentioned to do,
I found out the reason, why it would not work,
I'ts because, When i tried to save as, In the drop down menu, ("save as file type") It would not replace, Because there was not a ("bmp") option, There was Either ("save as a photoplus file type or all files"),
(((BUT))
When i clicked on the file option and clicked ("save original as")
And then the ("save file type") came up and then, I saw the (BMP) and (j.peg) etc
Then it replaced the old file
And i refreshed (BodyShop) Then it showed up
So all the Messing around was all because of my stupid photo/paint program

So im going to go off and, Try it again to explore.
I have been recolouring objects for a while now and, Will have my website up soon,
Just need to get the clothes done before i put it on the web
and also learning to change meshes
that will be fun wont it???

Thanks Again For Your Help
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th May 2005 at 5:05 PM
Awsome tutoringing....but everytime I recolor a clothing...It came out fine with the bodyshop maniquin but when I use it to make a sim, it came out blury and when I make a cosmetics, it blurs the face of the sim...what am I done wrong???
#54 Old 30th May 2005 at 9:39 AM
how do you get photo shop
retired moderator
#55 Old 30th May 2005 at 8:06 PM
Philippine guy, are you using photoshop or another paint program? Some programs don't have high enough resolution. If you're using Photoshop, save at the highest resolution you can.

missilu, Photoshop is commercial program, you can buy it from a number of places. If it's too much, look for older versions on auction sites, or try some similar programs - you might run into problems like resolution (see above) and maybe have to translate some of the tutorial instrauctions, but it's an option.

Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 8:09 PM
I think I have a very stupid question.

After I make the cloth, i want to pack it up to share with the others...

However, the BodyShop will pack the head as well.

How can I just pack the clothes like the others did?
retired moderator
#57 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 4:26 PM
What I do is compress the file in the Projects folder and upload that. I'll also take the JPEG image I took in Create-a-Sim and put that into the project folder so it's easy to find what I'm looking for. After I've shared it, I delete the project.

Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:22 AM
Thank you very much for this tutorial. I decided I will try to make skins. Getting tired of just playing the game. Oh except shop for skins. LOL
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 4:05 AM
were do you get photo shop and how much does it cost? i'm on a 20 dollor budget because...oh never mind i'll explain if anyone ask!
Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 10:34 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:16 PM
ok forgive me if this has been asked be for is this a photoshop tutorial
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 3:32 PM
Thank you so much!
#63 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:27 AM
Great tutorial. I have a problem though. Whenever I try to make something, it will look fine in Body Shop but when I play the game it looks severely blurred. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. -sob-
retired moderator
#64 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:02 PM
Changing the graphics settings in your game might help, you may also have to save at a higher resolution in PhotoShop.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 6:38 PM
Hey, this is fun! Also for those of you who don't ave photoshop, you can use paintshop.
#66 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 3:29 AM
after i clicked projects nothing was after it
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:04 PM
I did all the steps up till the naming, i named clicked okay and nothing popped up..
Test Subject
#68 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:44 PM
And i do have photoshop!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:49 PM
And i do have photoshop!! :argh:
retired moderator
#70 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:16 AM
If you didn't have anything in your projects file, then that means you didn't export it from Body Shop. The problem isn't in PS, but BS.

#71 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 8:35 PM
This my sound like a weird question, but when i make or recoulor a dress the out lines go all fuzzy is there any way of stopping that?
retired moderator
#72 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 3:01 PM
It may be a matter of your graphics not being set high enough in the game, or your graphics card (although if it's clear in BS and fuzzy in the game, that first is most likely) In the lower left part of your screen in the game is an icon that looks like an ellipsis. Click that, and you can adjust your game graphics higher.

Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:54 AM
Thank you for the direct, clear and concise tutorial. Found it very easy to do a basic recolour (having Photoshop helps
Banned
#74 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 3:45 AM
Thanks Faylen, I just made my first recolor, and suprisingly..It came out well. Wonderful tutorial.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 10:45 AM
Hmm I have a question myself, it's like this, I know how to recolor, I made some band shirts, and now I'd like to share them, but I have no idea how I get them into a downloadble file for others... it's prolly in some other thread somewhere but I just can't seem to find it...
Page 3 of 12