Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 10:34 PM
Default "403 Permission Denied" error when trying to post in game help forum
I am trying to post in the Sims 2 Game Help forum. I log in, click the green "new thread" button, and it takes me to the before-posting FAQ page. Making sure I am still logged in, I click the "take me to the posting page" link at the bottom and the page I get transferred to says this:

403 Permission Denied

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Suddenly I'm not logged in anymore. Am I doing something wrong or what??
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 12:03 PM
Hey there!

Sometimes there seems to be a bug with the site where, on particular pages, it *thinks* you're not logged in. So what I usually do whenever I have that bug is just re-login. If I recall correctly, the login stuff is also mostly cookie-based, so make sure you're not blocking any!

Now sometimes it's not necessarily a bug, but just that you found some interesting old login url that isn't necessarily used anymore. So I'd suggest, try recreating the issue, when you get to the 403 page just click 'login' and voila!

Let me know if that helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hey there!

Sometimes there seems to be a bug with the site where, on particular pages, it *thinks* you're not logged in. So what I usually do whenever I have that bug is just re-login. If I recall correctly, the login stuff is also mostly cookie-based, so make sure you're not blocking any!

Now sometimes it's not necessarily a bug, but just that you found some interesting old login url that isn't necessarily used anymore. So I'd suggest, try recreating the issue, when you get to the 403 page just click 'login' and voila!

Let me know if that helps!

I was doing that, and it just kept looping me back to the same problem. But I tried again today and it's working fine now so I guess it was just having a bad day! Lol
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 7:57 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered