Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SEP (Slot Enable Package) v. 1.2 *UPD 19may08*

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 19th May 2008 at 1:18 AM by Numenor : Updated to "Kitchen & Bath" SP

406 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 383 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 17
Test Subject
#251 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:10 PM
Hi Numenor,

I've noticed that when I have the slot enabler in my game that my cats and dogs sink into the ground or floor - removing the package corrects the problem so I've removed it from my play version of the game. Can anyone else confirm this? I know jfade's sleep on community lots hack does this, too, but I don't use that hack.

~Cindy
Tradewind Sims Designs

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#252 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 2:56 PM
They sink into the floor at random, or when they are interacting (or are trying to interact) with the counters? When they sink, at least they are near the counters?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#253 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
They sink into the floor at random, or when they are interacting (or are trying to interact) with the counters? When they sink, at least they are near the counters?

I thought that might be the case, too - that there might be a problem with the cats trying to jump up onto the counters with the slot enabler in-game.

But no, the animals do not need to be interacting with the counters or near them, they simply sink into the ground or floor automatically when the package file is in the game. I've tested this with 2 families so far and both times as soon as I entered the lot, all animals present (cats and dogs) were sunk into the ground/floor. I exited the lots (saved in one, didn't save in the other - makes no difference, in my experience), exited the game and when the package file was removed the animals functioned properly again in these same households.

~Cindy
Tradewind Sims Designs

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide."
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#254 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:45 PM
Wildstar, I've played half an hour in a lot containing any type of pets (cats, small dogs, large dogs); I had no errors at all: my cats climbed on and off the furniture, and did whatever they usually do, and never sunk into the floor.

Please create an error log, as explained HERE, and post it here (zipped, as an attachment).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#255 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:39 PM
Numenor you're brilliant!

Check Out my new sim-web-site it's FREE and ALL my downloads can you find there: www.simcare.piczo.com if there's password, we working on the page.
Test Subject
#256 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:33 PM
Wildstar, I've played half an hour in a lot containing any type of pets (cats, small dogs, large dogs); I had no errors at all: my cats climbed on and off the furniture, and did whatever they usually do, and never sunk into the floor.

Please create an error log, as explained HERE, and post it here (zipped, as an attachment).

Hi Numenor,

I'm so sorry, I think this turned out to be a false alarm. I've been playing around with the package and households and can't find anything wrong afterall. Seems that the sinking was just an initial 'blip' of loading the pre-existing Maxis Pets households and it seems to correct itself and doesn't repeat thereafter.

I'm happy that the package doesn't need updating afterall - I love this creation. Sorry to have caused you any distress.

~Cindy
Tradewind Sims Designs

~ Napoleon Bonaparte
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#257 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:18 PM
Thanks for the good news. But nevertheless the SEP needs to be updated: the new counters that come with Pets still do not have the slots in the right position: Maxis "forgot" again to fix them.
So, I will include them in the next update of the SEP.

Test Subject
#258 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for the good news. But nevertheless the SEP needs to be updated: the new counters that come with Pets still do not have the slots in the right position: Maxis "forgot" again to fix them.
So, I will include them in the next update of the SEP.

Well, I will eagerly download whatever updates you make. Drives me nuts that Sims can't use objects in corner spaces.

Thanks again!

~Cindy
Tradewind Sims Designs

~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 5:53 PM
Fab idea! Way to go! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 2:11 AM
Thanks so much Numenor, you certainly are a genius! :D
Test Subject
#261 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 7:09 AM
hey thanx Numenor......

has this been tested for PETS?

I'll let you know if there's any bugs with it in Pets... but Pets is so bug-riddled anyway, anything I do find is probably NOT due to SEP!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#262 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:30 AM
Yes, it has been extensively tested with Pets: no problems at all. Of course, the new counters that came with PETS are not included (yet) in the SEP, and therefore will not accept objects in diagonal. But I will add the new counters soon.

Lab Assistant
#263 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 2:35 AM
Fabulous mod that I've used happily for a long time. I've looked through this thread and found some mention of the fact that only Maxis and Maxis-recolored objects can use this, and I've been frustrated, too, by not being able to always use the SEP with custom counters. Is this something you can fix in the update you're planning for the Pets EP?

Something strange I'd like to report: Sometimes (not always), if I've got a custom counter that the SEP isn't working on, I've been able to create a corner counter in another area with Maxis counters, put a coffee machine or phone or whatever in the corner successfully, and then move the object to the custom counters and have it retain its 45-degree angle and playability. This doesn't always work but since it works sometimes, I thought it might be useful information for you. Also, I always have the moveobjects on cheat going at the time. I don't believe I've ever gotten this to work without that cheat on.

Thanks again for all your brilliant mods.

The universe lies before you on the floor, in the air, in the mysterious bodies of your dancers, in your mind. From this voyage no one returns poor or weary.

- Agnes De Mille
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#264 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 1:16 AM
The basic functioning of this mod is the following: one "piece" from each and every Maxis counters and island has been extracted from the game files, has been edited and included in the SEP package.

It's not a "global mod", it doesn't affect automatically all the counters: I need to extract and edit a piece from each counter I want to include in the SEP. I can't download and edit all the existing counters, one by one...

Also, there is another technical problem (that I won't discuss here: too technical) that make absolutely impossible to include custom counters in the SEP.

Lab Assistant
#265 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:37 PM
OMG, Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by triplea
You are a god.

You are a god to me too! Your the best!
Test Subject
#266 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:57 PM
Wonderful!
Test Subject
#267 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:20 PM
"...And the great modder/mesher Numenor led a rebellion against the Iron-fisted rule of Maxis, bringing in to the game USABLE CORNER COUNTERS!!!"

Awesome Numenor, your stuff rocks. Finally I can use that dead space. You must either be a genius, or... hmm... no other options :P. You are a genius!

P.S. So THAT'S why you are called "The ModFather"

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage, Mythbusters.

"How many Sims does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. I can't find the BHAV or Anim :("
~darylmarkloc, an awesome MTS2 creator!
Test Subject
#268 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:35 PM
Great Work, very great work!

One question
Does it work with Sims 2 Pets?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#269 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:46 PM
Yes, it works, but only for the older Maxis counters: the counters that came with Pets have not been "SEP-enabled" yet

Lab Assistant
#270 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 11:00 AM
Numenor, you've been my supply-and-demand reliever since the beginning from your objects, to your fixes!! You rock!! More love sent your way for this one!!
Test Subject
#271 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:45 PM
It is ridiculous that Maxis could not implement this feature themselves!
Test Subject
#272 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 7:25 AM
I'm sure you get told it all the time, but you are brilliant!
I was thinking that it was stupid that you couldn't use things in corners just today, I'm glad that I came across this.
You're a genius!

I'll eagerly await when it's updated to work with Pets counters
Test Subject
#273 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 3:22 PM
Thank you for making so many wonderful things and making them free too. I wish you would work for Maxi's cause then all of their stuff would work. But then I'm also glad you don't cause WE need you.
Field Researcher
#274 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 8:36 AM
Default Any relation to the "Slot Packages" by ariffrazalin?
I just have a quick question. In your original post you mention that this SEP is going to expand to allow us the use of other counter/table/desk space. I was wondering if this had any relation to the Slot Packages by ariffrazalin.
mentioned below:

desks & tables (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=178902),

endtables (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=178963)

& coffee tables (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=178791)

I was just curious as this was called "Slot Enabler" & the objects by ariffrazalin were called "Slot Packages"

This is excellent, by the way! Much gratitude towards you for such excellent work! Without you, my sims would still be sitting in mis-matched furniture, with tons of silly counter space, wearing boring clothes, with ugly hair, eyes, & make-up! So thanks for adding diversity, uniqueness, & customization for our sims!

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Test Subject
#275 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 3:14 AM
Genius! This would work in certain homes based on our real life! Now I can save more space on the counters!

NO! THE VOICES! YOU HAVE FOUND ME!
Page 11 of 17