Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SEP (Slot Enable Package) v. 1.2 *UPD 19may08*

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 19th May 2008 at 1:18 AM by Numenor : Updated to "Kitchen & Bath" SP

406 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 383 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 17
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#301 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM
No, the SEP doesn't work with custom counters. Only Maxis counters up to Seasons are included

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#302 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:40 AM
Great! Then I can keep it in my game and just not use H&M's counters. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#303 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:29 AM
I needed this. Thank you!
Instructor
#304 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:47 PM
If we place objects diagonally in the corner using the SEP, then upload the lot without the SEP included, will other players be able to use the object without the hack installed?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:18 PM
I'm not sure... I guess (well, I'm quite sure) that the user will see the object turned in the wrong direction, not placed in diagonal. That's because my hack modifies the counter corners; without it, the slots in the corner revert to the original non-diagonal position.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#306 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 5:53 PM
BV broke some counters, though not all. In most houses it's ok, but I went in one and the espresso machine that was on an angle was now on the adjacent counter.

==========
Namaste
--joe
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 1:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll double check BV to see if it has modified the previous counters.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#308 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM
Tested with Bon Voyage: it works fine for me...

Jsalemi, it may happen, when you install a new EP, that on the first run you experience some glitches (objects moved, sims jumping, etc). These are only temporary problems, and soon are solved by themselves.

You say that you've found a coffee machine moved to the adjacent counter: have you tried moving it back to the corner? If this doesn't work, try selling and re-buying the corner counter.

Scholar
#309 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:51 PM
Man. You're brillant! Thanks so much!!:D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#310 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Tested with Bon Voyage: it works fine for me...

Jsalemi, it may happen, when you install a new EP, that on the first run you experience some glitches (objects moved, sims jumping, etc). These are only temporary problems, and soon are solved by themselves.

You say that you've found a coffee machine moved to the adjacent counter: have you tried moving it back to the corner? If this doesn't work, try selling and re-buying the corner counter.

Yea, I tried moving it back, but it didn't sit at an angle. I'll have to try what you suggested. It was only in one house -- all the rest are fine. So it must be as you said.

==========
Namaste
--joe
Lab Assistant
#311 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:42 PM
This is a wonderful addition to the game. I always thought it was a little odd that you weren't able to interact with things if they were on the corner shelf. Thank You very much for fixing this. I was going to ask a question but I'm sure it's already been answered so I'll just go back and read through all the comments again.

*hugs*

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#312 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:24 AM
The Slots Enabler is something I can't do without for my game. Thanks for letting us know it still works for BV!
Test Subject
#313 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:22 AM
I downloaded a kitchen collection file and SEP doesn't work with the counters (but the game recognizes them as counters). I'll get back to you with more info on this.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 9:09 AM
Atra03, do you mean an actual collection file that you put in the Collections folder? If so, the collection is just a bunch of shortcuts to the actual counters, installed either in the game or in your Downloads.

As for the Maxis counters, the SEP should work for them, regardless if you pick the counter from the catalog or from a collection; as for the custom counters, the SEP can't enable the diagonal corner for them.

Test Subject
#315 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 3:27 AM
This may just be my favorite hack ever. I have never understood why the sims can't figure out how to use a corner counter, and gave up using them only for deco items.
Field Researcher
#316 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 6:26 AM
this is great, but is it compatible with H&M? since I've installed H&M I can't get this to work
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#317 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 10:13 AM
I have H&M, and it works for me. As I said several times, the SEP contains a modification of each and every existing counter corner. If a new expansion or stuff pack adds new counters to the game, the SEP won't work for those new counters until I manually add them to the SEP. Currently, the SEP contains all the existing Maxis counters up to Seasons.

Field Researcher
#318 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I have H&M, and it works for me. As I said several times, the SEP contains a modification of each and every existing counter corner. If a new expansion or stuff pack adds new counters to the game, the SEP won't work for those new counters until I manually add them to the SEP. Currently, the SEP contains all the existing Maxis counters up to Seasons.

yeah, I only noticed that it wasn't working for me when I tried to use it on a base game counter - I reinstalled it thinking maybe I'd accidentally deleted it but sure enough it was still there in my DLs folder...only thing that has changed with my game is that I installed H&M.
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triplea
You are a god.

You do realize that we get better items from Numenor (and others who post mods here) than we get from maxis!
It is amazing.
Lab Assistant
#320 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 3:10 PM
Freakin' awesome! Thanks so much!
Inventor
#321 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:28 AM Last edited by XTS : 10th Jan 2008 at 8:29 AM. Reason: update on message.
Hey Numenor, Remember the talk earlier we had about my items not sticking to the corners with the other hack? what jsalemi said is what mine was doing but more than one counter, more than one lot. It was doing it after updating stuff, not instaling stuff packs or ep's. it worked before I updated..

(edit) I think I figured it out! When you first install the SEP you have to pick up the counters to "activate" the ability to use it. Well, I was moving my downloads out of the game folder to test without any cc.. Possible I was resetting it? I'm going to test that theory but I'll be posting results later.. It's pretty late here.

Xts

EDIT: Numenor, what else could cause one of your files to say a "date modified" to be a date later than your release date?

I tried to put in the SEP, I already had a copy so I guess I did already have it. I checked the dates and it said the one I had already was newer. The date states the modified date is the same as the last accessed date. 5/12/2007 and your walls and windows have the same dates attached to them. Would this be due to my game accessing them on that date? If so, why isn't it a more recent date? both say 194 kilobytes. I was wondering if somehow something else accessed it. No rush on this, just when you get some time Should I overwrite the old one with the one I just grabbed?

Thanks in advance,
xts*

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#322 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 11:20 PM
To be sure, download a fresh copy from this thread and overwrite the one you have in the Downloads, ignoring the dates.
When checking the date of a file, always read the "last modification" date, not the date of creation (that may be misleading).

Inventor
#323 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:20 AM Last edited by XTS : 11th Jan 2008 at 4:22 AM. Reason: Alright isn't really a word so I changed it to All right.
SEP and resetting after removing downloads folder.. All okaky now! :D
All right...but I'm still not sure WHAT modified the date.. That's what's confusing me.. The one I just got is not dated for that recent of a date so something on my system changed the dates.. *shrug*.. but either way.. I'll overwrite it.

I can now verify that it was because I'd removed my downloads and ran the game without the SEP. I tested last night. I was able to place things again so when I'd removed my downloads and started the game I'd reset the counter causing it to put my stuff on the counter next to the one it was on.. (because it was in the corner).

Everything is working as expected now! :D

Thanks Modfather.. lol

Xts

Long Live the Sims!!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#324 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 1:00 PM
It is really great! thanks:D
Test Subject
#325 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 2:54 AM
you rock... good on ya for making the useless useful... i am thrilled
Page 13 of 17