Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fourth-Wall Options

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 18th Jan 2008 at 3:46 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 2:29 AM by maybesomethingdunno : added keywords (Thanks, Cat! :) )

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Scholar
#51 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:37 PM
Should be featured. Very useful hack
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 7:42 AM
For me, this is a disappointment. i like the "look" option that the sims do. Why? Reminds me of LCP when your little sim would be bored and basically ask (sometimes doing just that on his typewriter) what to do?

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 3:15 AM
Jasumi, thanks. I'm glad you like it.

Baskar, I'm afraid I don't quite understand your disappointment...Did I not adequately describe what to expect? Were you expecting it to do something else?

These two mods are separate files that work independently. Those who like their Sims looking at them can have their Sims look at them on command. Those who do not like the random glance to the player won't need to worry about it. Basically, if you like the "look" option, you do not have to get rid of it. In fact, you can download the LookAtMeNOW.zip file and have your Sims look at you as often as you want. It does not affect the natural "look at player" interaction; it just allows the player to be able to click on the active Sim and have him/her perform it on command.

No one should be making you use either of these mods. You do not have to download or install either of them. If you do not like it, simply remove it from your Downloads folder. Simple as that; no harm should be done.

I hope that helps...? Again, I do not understand your disappointment.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:52 AM Last edited by please_dont_crash_my_game : 28th Dec 2009 at 7:00 PM.
This is great, thanks! NoLookAtMe is amazing, and I was really irritated with my Sims looking at me all the time.

*nevermind. I got it working.*
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 1:01 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 26th Nov 2009 at 6:27 AM.
I'm sorry, but I don't have M&G. Thus, I am unable to see what M&G has changed or why it would quit working under that environment. It was a fairly easy mod to make, but I'm afraid someone with M&G would likely need to create a M&G version (unless someone can tell me what I would need to change to make it work).

ETA:
Also, make sure there aren't any conflicts with any other mods you have installed.

Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 7:01 PM
Wait, sorry, it was my own fault - I had another mod that was causing the crashing. NoLookAtMe had nothing to do with it, and works fine as far as I can tell Ignore the previous message.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:08 PM
It's okay; I'm glad you got that sorted out.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:39 PM
Yaaaaaay!!! *WORSHIP*
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 8:13 PM
thank u so much i really needed this
Instructor
#60 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:11 AM
I just wanted to let you know that upon deleting the mod the Social Debug Super Duper Hug popped up in my game. I don't know if I was the only one, but I just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the hack though even though I never really found a use for it.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:20 AM
preemptive_doodle, thanks for letting me know. About the 42nd post here, there is an explanation about the object. I'd link to Numenor's post directly, but being able to see other posts might provide helpful context. As far as I know, I don't think that its cause is anything on my part.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st May 2010 at 7:46 PM
hop^^^^^^^^^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 10:09 PM
how do I activated it
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:15 AM
I've never commented on it, but I do like that hopping sheep.

Rabbittbigbang: For "LookAtMeNOW," click on the active Sim (the Sim you're currently controlling) and you should see a "Look at Player" pie menu option. For "NoLookAtMe," no activation is required. It should work behind the scenes for as long as it is in your Downloads folder.

Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 8:49 AM
yes tht is sooo true!
i hate it wen my sims always stare at me, always smiling.
AHHHH!! the HORRROORRR!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM
Really awesome, super-useful must-have! But the post needs more keywords, lol, I had a hard time finding it again.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:42 AM
billielith: I certainly understand and I apologize. Some posts have too few keywords and some have too many (which is especially bad if they're too vague or too tangentially descriptive and thus irrelevant). I'm open to suggestions for more keywords. If you have any in mind that would make finding it easier, just let me know.

Thanks again, everyone, for your downloads, comments and for hitting that "Thanks" button.

Tumblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:45 PM
Very nice! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#69 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:03 AM
I so love the 4th wall hack!

Just a question - is it possible to make the "look at Player" action instant (as in not queued), so that the sim can look at you while in the middle of another action?

I know it's possible with pose hacks (such as the face overlays from Decorgal's pose hack, which can be changed to "instantly" with some tweaking in SimPE).

It would really help for animation-type poses, such as those JD made with the EAxis animations, or just regular interactions that aren't from pose/animation hacks.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:45 PM
simmer22: I'm glad you like it. I tried checking the "Immediately" flag for the action in SimPE, but it did not seem to make the interaction any faster. I'm honestly not sure if this can be done as an overlay. My guess is that it's actually a command and not an animation per se. That is to say, the "Look At" action is its own interaction in this form. (Of course, I could be wrong. My experience with the "Look At" primitive is not at all extensive and I don't know of many modders who have even bothered with it.) What could perhaps be done, however, is to edit an interaction (e.g. from a pose box) to add the command for the Sim to look at the player at the point you want them to, but that might run into the same issue as before. If someone wants to do this, they can certainly look at the code in this mod. I really wish I could be more helpful; I'm sorry.

Tumblr
Mad Poster
#71 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 5:20 AM
It's all right. I just wondered if it was possible

I've tried adding the "immediately" flag thingy to maxis-type poseboxes a few times, but usually they either start throwing errors or they simply won't work properly. Seems like only the custom poses and overlays can deal with the "immediately" flag.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 5:46 AM
Sims already break the 4th wall hence when they can't cross a path.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hannahkittie
Thankyou! i remember getting so frustrated waiting for my stupid sims to look at me!

lol stupid sims!that made me crack up lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:24 AM
I think it's so cute when my sims look at me.
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 9:59 AM
How would you go about extending the time a sim looks at you? Like a TV anchor delivering the news and looking at the camera for a longer period of time. Queing several looks doesn't extend the time looking at the camera.
Page 3 of 4