Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angelicbunny
I doon't see any of the pictures!!!
Then download it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 1:29 AM
im sorry, how do you open up the programs when you download using rar.
i double click and it comes up as a text file, same as all the other files!
Inventor
Original Poster
#103 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry, I forgot about this thread. But I just remembered and came to check on it.

The exact download link is: http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/...gs-0.98.32a.exe The download is partially hidden on the page.

THe PDF is working for me. I use Acrobat 7.0 Professional. I just got it, and the convert this PDF I used open-source software. THe PDF is working on versions 6.0 and up of Adobe Reader.

Also, I don't know who, but soem moderator or admin probably got rid of the pictures loading on the page to save bandwidth, and I respect that decision. I recommend the PDF ddownload.
#104 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 8:51 PM
Thanks
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thanks for the help[/COLOR] :baloons:
Scholar
#105 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 11:45 AM
:yippee: This is an awesome tutorial! I love simple, easy to follow basic tutorials that just about anyone can do. Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial.

Christine
Inventor
Original Poster
#106 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 1:20 PM
My pleasure. I have about 30 New Year's resolutions, and one of them is to keep this tutorial up to date. I will also start giving meshing and skinning private lessons for free. So if you want something more in-depth and personalized, PM me. Include your time zone and location (just a state or country) so I can plan accordingly. My time zone is GMT-5, location Massachusetts, USA.
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:57 PM
I think... I've got it
Thanks mov_bv :jig: :jig: :jig: :banana:
Inventor
Original Poster
#108 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 12:50 AM
No problem. I'm tryuing to decide what tutorial I'll make next. Suggestions?
Field Researcher
#109 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 9:04 PM
Is it only me...I can't see any pictures in this tutorial. Only red x's.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 2:39 PM
*sob* im so terrible at computers
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
No problem. I'm tryuing to decide what tutorial I'll make next. Suggestions?

If you can find time I would love a clothing mesh tutorial for wings3d, or anyway I can get my wings obj. mesh to work in SimPE or meshtool.

I actually prefer wings3d over milkshape when it come to meshing, but its incompatibilty with meshtool and SimPE is killing me :skull:
Test Subject
#112 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 11:54 AM
Default Thank you!
Thank you so much! Because of you I`m making objects now! So far i`ve made a tube for a pool, firewood, blocks for toddlers and the box in the tutorial! Thank you so much! :wave:

It's rare that I'm ever on here anymore, but I'm gonna try. And to make more uploads too, possibly.
Inventor
Original Poster
#113 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 1:43 PM
Ok dynamitey10, no problem.

We just got an update. Zukkao made an Italian translation of the tutorial, I'll add it when I recieve it!
Field Researcher
#114 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:48 PM
Better Late Than Never
at least you got a gmdc, I cant get it to show up on my resource tree at all!!!!I am using simP.54 and I know that there are gonna be differences, but, come on!! where is it , my gmdc? I am totally stuck on #20,,,,,HELP!!!!!
Leslie :wave: :gonemad:

Quote:
My goal in life is to have all my linen in my bedroom to match
Inventor
Original Poster
#115 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:18 PM
Peepers, what object aree you cloning? I haven't ever had this problem, so I'm really not sure what's wrong.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 11:08 AM
i tried to do my object " a chain sclupture"... i wanted to do something really simple... this is how the chain sclupture looks like in the wings 3D... but when i went to the game only "2 rings" showe .. not even the base.... does anyone know whats wrong? help please! :puppy:
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#117 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 3:34 PM
From what I can see from the Wings 3D screen, you need to combine those circles into one big object. You do this by selecting all the objects in the mesh. Then you choose the one you want all of them to be named. Now you right-click, and there shall be an option that says 'Combine'. Click it. You are done!

P.S. After you do the combine, I recommend doing the whole object making process over again, skipping the meshing portions, as to keep from mistakes.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 5:12 PM
i did combine it... but when I exported it (....) then i enter the mesh again to see whats wrong it's "uncombined"
And in the SimPE when i click the "import" button and the window pops out (you know...when you have to put "replace"...) it's not combined - and i did combine it in wings3D...
oh i think i'm not making any sence to you...
sorry for boring you with my questions! :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#119 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 11:03 PM
I really don't know what's wrong in that case. I've never had a combining problem. Are you using the Mesh Tool. Avoid it at all costs. It can't read Wings 3D meshes. I will be sure to look this problem up, though. I'll reply with any possible solutions.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:08 PM
THNAX!!!!!!!! :moose:
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#121 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:36 PM
Oh, you were using the Mesh Tool?
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 7:23 PM
i'm sorry ... i'm sooooo ignorant!!!! a mesh tool? is that in SimPE or....?
*embaresed*
Inventor
Original Poster
#123 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 10:47 PM
The Mesh Tool is a tool which changes meshes to work in the Sims 2. Miche made it. It used to be required to be used to make a mesh work in TS2. Lately, a better copy of the Mesh Tool was made. This copy is now a part of SimPE. You don't have to use the Mesh Tool anymore, thanks to Quaxi's cunning ability. Some people still use the Mesh Tool (You need to use the Mesh Tool to edit clothing and body meshes). The Mesh Tool's older versions were not able to work ith Wings 3D.
Part-time Hermit
#124 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 4:56 AM
The Mesh Tool is still one of the options you can use to retain animations for an object. But non-animated objects, or objects that have the animated parts in separate GMDCs, don't generally need it.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:58 AM Last edited by Mirjam : 20th Mar 2006 at 10:04 AM.
no,then i don't use it.
thank you both for the explanation
Page 5 of 18