Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default The Sims 2 Super Collection Package Files Help
Hi. I just recently bought The Sims 2 Super Collection from the Mac App Store and I was wondering, where do I put package files at on my Mac? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:26 PM
Because of Mac App Store requirements, the Downloads folder you'll put your packages in isn't located in your Documents folder as it is with other versions of the game. Instead it's in a folder within your (hidden) user library.

To get to it, go to Finder. From the menus, select Go --> Go to Folder... Paste in the string shown below and click on GO.

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

This will take you to your game folders. Create a new folder called "Downloads" if it doesn't already exist, and put your package files inside that.

If you want to browse to it normally, you can hold down the Alt/Option key while looking at the Go menu, and the Library folder should appear. Click on that and then browse to the same place. To permanently unhide it, run the Terminal application (it's under Utilities in your Application folder), then type "chflags nohidden ~/Library". I don't do that, but I do drag the "The Sims 2" folder across to my favourites on the Finder sidebar, so I can just click on that and get there directly.

If you're planning to install the CEP as well, you need to put the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file in the Downloads folder. The MMAT package file needs to go in the game application package. To do this, go to your Applications folder, right click on The Sims 2 Super Collection*, and select Show Package Contents. You can now browse the application file structure. Go to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D, and copy _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package to that location. You'll be asked to type in your administrator login/password details to confirm that you want to do this.

If you plan to use empty or clean templates, they need to go in the game package in the following places:

Contents/Home/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods (Base Game hoods)
Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/{expansion name}/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate (expansion hoods)

* I advise making a copy of the application first before making any changes to its structure. It's a big file to re-download and reinstall if you get things wrong!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Because of Mac App Store requirements, the Downloads folder you'll put your packages in isn't located in your Documents folder as it is with other versions of the game. Instead it's in a folder within your (hidden) user library.

To get to it, go to Finder. From the menus, select Go --> Go to Folder... Paste in the string shown below and click on GO.

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

This will take you to your game folders. Create a new folder called "Downloads" if it doesn't already exist, and put your package files inside that.

If you want to browse to it normally, you can hold down the Alt/Option key while looking at the Go menu, and the Library folder should appear. Click on that and then browse to the same place. To permanently unhide it, run the Terminal application (it's under Utilities in your Application folder), then type "chflags nohidden ~/Library". I don't do that, but I do drag the "The Sims 2" folder across to my favourites on the Finder sidebar, so I can just click on that and get there directly.

If you're planning to install the CEP as well, you need to put the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file in the Downloads folder. The MMAT package file needs to go in the game application package. To do this, go to your Applications folder, right click on The Sims 2 Super Collection*, and select Show Package Contents. You can now browse the application file structure. Go to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D, and copy _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package to that location. You'll be asked to type in your administrator login/password details to confirm that you want to do this.

If you plan to use empty or clean templates, they need to go in the game package in the following places:

Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/{expansion name}/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate (expansion hoods)

* I advise making a copy of the application first before making any changes to its structure. It's a big file to re-download and reinstall if you get things wrong!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:53 PM

I followed the instructions on how to find the folder, but I apparently don't have it. How else do I get/find the folder?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DSman6
I followed the instructions on how to find the folder, but I apparently don't have it. How else do I get/find the folder?

As the instructions said, you can 'create' the folder yourself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
As the instructions said, you can 'create' the folder yourself.
Thats the downloads folder tho...
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd May 2015 at 12:38 AM
I can't tell what your question is. What is it you want to do that's not working?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:23 AM

I cannot find this specifically. And, unlike Downloads, I cannot just create TSData folder, or can I?
Quote:
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th May 2018 at 12:22 PM
Hi @Marina1990, are you trying to put in clean templates?

Unlike Windows, you won't see all the game files by default, just The Sims 2 Super Collection in the Applications folder. Browse to that folder in Finder, right click on the Super Collection file, and select Show Package Contents. That will open a new Finder window with the internal file structure of the game package, and you'll see those NeighborhoodTemplate file paths in that.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:38 PM
How would camera mods work here? Many defaults in the camera folder....do they all get removed when adding the mod? I attempted to replace the neighborhood camera but it just turned into a blue screen.....

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:04 PM
You need to be a little careful with certain mods if you use the Super Collection, since most newer mods may not be compatible (anything that requires packs beyond Bon Voyage). Not sure if camera mods are affected, but be sure to read about the downloads before installing them and make sure they're compatible with the Super Collection, or you can screw up your game (particularly mods, neighborhoods, templates, or replacements that go into the install files).

It's possible you know this already, but it doesn't hurt with a reminder
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need to be a little careful with certain mods if you use the Super Collection, since most newer mods may not be compatible (anything that requires packs beyond Bon Voyage). Not sure if camera mods are affected, but be sure to read about the downloads before installing them and make sure they're compatible with the Super Collection, or you can screw up your game (particularly mods, neighborhoods, templates, or replacements that go into the install files).

It's possible you know this already, but it doesn't hurt with a reminder

I didn't know, but figured it to be the case when some things didn't work or behaved in the same way.... thank you!!!!!

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:08 AM
Hi @carrie640,

I’ve replied in more detail in your separate thread for this here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=621934

but I don’t know of any camera incompatibilities with Sims 2 Super Collection, though I haven’t tried all of them. The game can crash if you have certain cameras and Skyfix though, but that’s not a Mac specific issue.

You replace just the file for the camera you want to change, and leave the others where they are.