Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 9:02 AM
Default CTU - stencils on a Expansion pack top - Works if same filename
Hello! CTU v1.9.3569.25056

I wanted to add stencils to one of t-shirts not in basegame, so I studied tutorials, used S3OC to clone package (this one I went on my own).
Opened in CTU, it looked fine, the 3d preview shows the content.

I worked on them. Spent 2 hours in yesterday. Just stencil and changed colors of patterns.
The first filename I saved as is, and then saved another under new name.
The second I saved only under new name.

Then I fired the game and boom it did not work. Hmm.

I opened the files (same files I saved in CTU!) again in CTU and... it did not work. Sorry, we could not find a mesh.
I was puzzled, and opened the working file again, of the first. It now shows!

So... I wonder:

1. Is filename this important?! Wasn't important when I edited basegame outfits straight in CTU.

2. How can I recover the second file, which exist only as the "new filename".

As for 2, I tried to do it myself, by doing a sneak way: renaming the filename as the work clone filename. NO it did not work.
Now I am even more puzzled.

I am enclosing the packages.
Sadly the working file of the Care Bears one is empty as I haven't saved it over.

added more info:
I have found what's the problem.
"Save" will generate working file.
"Save As" will generate file that will say "no mesh".

If I go to the Windows Explorer and rename the file there, it works! So I can have custom file names.

But how do I rescue the CB one? :P

EDIT:
I googled on "save as", CTU and I found out that if I use "save as", in short, it is not same thing. Oooh okay.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cloned stuff.zip (2.60 MB, 2 downloads)

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 9:19 AM
Nevermind, I am redoing it... I will just add this as learning lesson. Even if I wish we would be warned that upon choosing "save as" it is not same thing. :P

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...