Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 12:59 PM
Default And then it went downhill...
My current hood started with several single sims. Three of them were triplets siblings, Thomas and his sisters, Stellia and Gaïa (first generation and dead).
Looking at the families trees, I was wondering if those family ties would show like for born in game sims. What do you think?

I checked in SimPE, they are siblings. Then, I noticed something odd.
Gaïa and Stellia's offprings know they're cousins but they consider Thomas's children as non-related. So I decided to fix the family ties ingame using the SimBlender.
The second generation counts 7 sims.
Stellia had twins Sidonia and Ayda who are now elders. Gaîa also got twins Stony (adult) and Avani (she died from food poisoning when she was a teen).
Thomas got Alva, Ada and twins Albin and Alden (born after Thomas's death by old age).

I start with Ayda's household and add Alva, Ada and the twins as cousins. After I went to Sidonia's household and then it went downhill (with dramatic voice).
Suzanna is engaged to Alden who is the cousin of her mother. I didn't pay attention to the family ties for the longest time and the issue occurred today.

Since I play with a extended family mod, Suzanna and Alden have to break up.
I have absolutely no idea why those family ties are missing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:47 PM
Because the vanilla game doesn't count anything past first cousin.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:36 PM
But Thomas's children were first cousins to Stellia's and Gaia's children; Essa's problem stemmed from the game failing to recognize that relationship, which caused her to miss the more distant relationship between Alden and Suzanna.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
My current hood started with several single sims. Three of them were triplets siblings, Thomas and his sisters, Stellia and Gaïa (first generation and dead).
I checked in SimPE, they are siblings. Then, I noticed something odd.
Gaïa and Stellia's offprings know they're cousins but they consider Thomas's children as non-related. So I decided to fix the family ties ingame using the SimBlender.
I have absolutely no idea why those family ties are missing.

So the glitch that happened was that one of the triplets' children weren't assigned as family to the two other triplets' children, yeah? I don't know if this glitch can happen for regular sim siblings, but it might be because they are triplets. The game expects singles and twins, but triplets are modded (or sometimes glitched) in. If it's not replicatable across games, though, then it seems unlikely that triplets are the cause.
Does any other simmer know why family ties sometimes don't get assigned to first cousins?

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Since I play with a extended family mod, Suzanna and Alden have to break up.

Poor Suzanna & Alden Of course, you could always do a storyline where they go to another country to get married where it's not a problem.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 1:38 PM
Well I do not have another country in my game. Bonneville, that's all. Per my rules, Suzanna and Alden can't be together and I take the entire responsibility for this mess.
I only plan to attach a university soon since Bonnevillians made it clear that they want their children to get higher education. Time has come.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 5:11 PM
I could see the issues of relaited sims accidently getting romatnically attatched if the town's population wasn't very big as it has happened often enough in North America back when settlers were coming over in the 18th and 19th centuries and population was very scattered with few if any choices for getting married.They did at least try to find the least closely releated for marriage and it also happened sometimes in Europe back in the 16th and 17th centureis when literacy was mostly limited to the wealty members of society while poor often couldn't read or write.
@Essa -I would not have worried about your issue of cousins getting engaged by accident in my apocalypse challenge set in the 16th century as it would've not been unusual for that kind of thing to happen back then.It would also have been left to continue in that game because it would be realistic with the way the colonial population in the new world was back then.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:15 PM
@TadOlson I get your point.
Back in the days when I was playing a Legacy, I strongly disliked that relatives could get romantically involved.
I also dislike to start with one sim only and I don't play historical. In Bonneville the first generation got lots of children (4+). Generation 3 sims have issues finding an SO. I have 8 townies for pairing purpose and I try to add new blood when it's needed. It doesn't always work but I can deal with it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:47 AM
I'm playing my BACC in Dodge and it's fall in 1841 there so I'll be moving in more couples in the spring over the next few years.I would move in singles or families to make sure my younger sims find close friends to become partners later in marriage as being married to a best friend is fine since they might not even be related.Distant cousins can get married if there's no other options avaiable though it should be uncommon.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 10:41 AM
So Suzanna broke up with Alden. Poor little thing can't stop crying.
Alden is so angry that he can't stop kicking Suzanna's household trashcan. Fortunately Suzanna's brother is a neat sim unlike his sister.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 11:24 AM
When you create related sims in CAS there is a silly thing where when you pick up a sim and drag them onto another sim to create a relationship all the previous relationships that sim was in are destroyed. I don't know why it works that way, but as a result you have to drag the sims in a particular order or you don't get all of your relationships. If you did things in the wrong order one of the sibling relationships could therefore have been erased.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
When you create related sims in CAS there is a silly thing where when you pick up a sim and drag them onto another sim to create a relationship all the previous relationships that sim was in are destroyed. I don't know why it works that way, but as a result you have to drag the sims in a particular order or you don't get all of your relationships. If you did things in the wrong order one of the sibling relationships could therefore have been erased.

===
What? If you are creating in CAS, what other relationships could anyone have?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..