Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:54 PM Last edited by dup : 20th Oct 2020 at 2:26 AM. Reason: the

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 game won't load properly
Hello, I'm unsure how this happened but my sims 2 game won't load anymore. I recently got the sims 2 and installed it and it has been working fine for about a couple weeks now. Normally when I played, the game started up fine and had the loading screen with the boxes that light up and says Mansion and Garden stuff, but yesterday that was not the case since when I tried to load my game, it just said The Sims 2. I found that strange but continued on, then I loaded my neighborhood and when I tried to load my lot, it would just crash. I tried this on other neighborhoods I had where it would load fine, but when I try to load the lot, the game would crash. Eventually, I began tweaking with it to try and fix it, but now it just gets stuck on the sims 2 loading screen instead of getting to the part where I pick neighborhoods. I previously backed up my files and tried to replace them in the EA games folder and also replacing my current neighborhood file with the old one from the backup as well, but it's still the same thing. I tried to delete any remaining pieces left over from the saves except for my neighborhood that I keep in another named file. I then reinstalled it and I still get the same problem where it gets stuck on the loading screen. The only thing I can think of that I did differently is that normally I exit out of the game via task manager because it takes awhile to exit out by just clicking the button, but yesterday I decided to exit by clicking the button. It took awhile on a blank screen so I got impatient and force exited with task manager. Also at the top of the game window it says EP 9, but seems as though it's not loading in all the EPs and stuffs, hence just the the sims 2 base game loading screen. Any ideas? Please help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:13 AM
Force shutting down may corrupt the game. If game worked and suddenly stopped, you needed probably delete cache files in My Documents/ EA Games( The Sims 2. Usually groups.cache
Some players delete them after every play session.
Reinstalling may also make it worse, because you need uninstall it properly before reinstalling. Steps are in Game Help section.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 6:03 AM
If your game was working fine and then suddenly showed a wrong loading screen you might want to check that nothing upgraded and that your antivirus can't read your sims 2 files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Force shutting down may corrupt the game. If game worked and suddenly stopped, you needed probably delete cache files in My Documents/ EA Games( The Sims 2. Usually groups.cache
Some players delete them after every play session.
Reinstalling may also make it worse, because you need uninstall it properly before reinstalling. Steps are in Game Help section.

Thank you, I will try deleting the cache files next time if this happens again. Thankfully, I managed to somehow fix the loading issues and was able to reset the game back to default. I'm not sure how exactly I got it to work again because I tried different things, such as renaming the file in program files (x86) that the EPs were in, to finding the sims 2 launcher and launching the game that way instead of the UC shortcut launcher. I'm not sure what caused the issues, but i'll keep in mind for next time to exit through the game instead of task manager, thanks for the advice!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If your game was working fine and then suddenly showed a wrong loading screen you might want to check that nothing upgraded and that your antivirus can't read your sims 2 files.

Good idea, i'll check to see if my antivirus is what caused the issues, although I don't recall having recent updates, thanks for your help!