Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 11:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing genetics of in-game sims
I have some npc sims that spawned in my game with a custom skintone that I didn't want to make use of and I also wanted to use the alien eyes for some other sims that exist in my hood, but I'm not sure how to do this.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 12:46 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 12:51 PM
If you're comfortable with using it, SimPE is a way that you can do this.

Load your neighbourhood (Tools --> Neighbourhood Browser) and go into the Sim Description. Select the sim you want and go into the More tab; you should see an option called SimDNA. Select that. You'll see a bunch of jumbled letters and the like; the code. The information is easy to find online, though.

You can find information on the code of each of the Maxis tones here:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Genetics

I don't know if there are any mods that make this easier, someone more mod savvy would probably have to clear that up. I hope you found this helpful in some capacity; it's the only way I know to go about altering skins anyway.

Be careful which NPCs you're altering though, as some can cause corruption when edited.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM
Christianlov's Skintone Selector makes it possible for almost any sim to wear almost any skintone. You only have to make the sim selectable (this won't work for some of the non-social NPCs). It's purely cosmetic and won't affect the sim's genetics, but if the NPC sims in question aren't going to breed anyway then that shouldn't be a problem.

The Skintone Selector can be downloaded either from my signature or from the page for Christianlov's Sim Cloner (they seem to be the same version). The painting can switch between Maxis skintones without doing anything else to it, but if you want to add custom skintones to the painting, you'll also need the CPack Editor. Download link and instruction link for the Cpack Editor are also in my signature.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 4:58 AM
Thanks for the replies, I was able to change the skin successfully.