Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 3:26 PM Last edited by onyxcrow : 15th Oct 2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: A million typos

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downtownies keep spawning :(
Hi, so I am wondering if someone here can help me. I have the stealth neighborhoods in use and have been using these alongside the "no regen" mods. This works perfectly in my main hood as no townies spawn, but when I go to my custom made downtown I keep getting downtownies! The notownieregen mod states downtownies as included but they just keep spawning (so far Ella McCleann, Corey Dalton and Christopher Gast) and I hate it, I've spent a lot of time creating custom townies/downtownies to import so that I don't have to deal with the awful ones that come in game.
Anyone else have this issue or know why downtownies keep spawning, despite the noregen mods? Any help would be appreciated..

EDIT 1
When I used the teleporter cat, it displayed options to "Summon Livingston, Summon Thomason, Summon Garth" and when clicking either, there are many sims with different last names to the ones mentioned. I don't understand why this is happening when my neighborhood is clean and I have noregen mods.

EDIT 2
I just made a new hood and deleted anything in the character folder both in the Nightlife folder and in my neighborhood folder before playing it, which worked (don't worry I backed them up) but I know that this is known to cause hood corruption so I am reluctant to play it yet...

I can actually hear crickets in the distance and waiting for the tumbleweed to roll past. Has NO ONE ever had this problem?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 3:26 PM
Ok so, you have the stealth hoods, but did you install the clean (or empty) Downtown? If not, a lot of downtownies will be created as soon as you add the Downtown, even if you create a custom one.

If they only spawn when going with a family to a Downtown lot, then I have no idea what's wrong. But if you really need to delete the spawned sims, you can't just delete the files in character folder, as the sims have data in the neighborhood file too. Well, you already know it causes corruption. Use this method: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...a_Sim_correctly