Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error: Object referred to must be a person.
Hi Eveyone,

I am playing the Sims 2: Apartment. For some reason, Chastity Gere cannot marry anyone, even sims that she is in love with. The sim she loves also loves her. When I select propose marriage, I get - Error: Object referred to must be a person. I get this error only with this sims, no one else. I have cleared cache and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and the expansion packs. I turned on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. I have attached the error log and my computer settings. Any ideas on how to fix the error?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_E001_t5302.txt (93.1 KB, 28 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:00 PM
Do you have some mod that affects marriage or the memories it generates? That error is for when the game expects a person ID but doesn't get one, but the line referenced is expecting neighbor IDs in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Do you have some mod that affects marriage or the memories it generates? That error is for when the game expects a person ID but doesn't get one, but the line referenced is expecting neighbor IDs in the game.

I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and agesimscheat on, nothing else. I haven't installed any mods if that's what you're asking.

How can I assign a person ID to the character?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:15 PM
Do you not have M&G? What is your latest EP?

You should be playing with basic anti-corruption mods in any case, it's not really safe to play the game without mods entirely.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:49 PM
Do you not have M&G? What is your latest EP?

You should be playing with basic anti-corruption mods in any case, it's not really safe to play the game without mods entirely.

I don't know what M&G is. What is that? How do I find out if I have it?

My latest EP is apartment life.

Are bool prop testingcheatsenabled true and agesimscheat on considered corruption mods?
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 8:00 PM
Taken from The Sims Wiki.

Sometimes, Chastity has a strange glitch that prevents her from getting married, and will only be engaged no matter how many times the player attempts to marry her. She will even gain multiple memories of marriage to the same Sim from this. This will occasionally cause her to become permanently frozen. This was fixed in the subsequent patch.

By any chance, are you using maxis templates (the neighborhoods)? I recommend using Meetme2theriver's templates which are the same neighborhoods but they're much cleaner than the maxis originals. The only difference from the originals & Meetme2theriver's is she cleaned up a lot of junk & fixed a lot of things such as broken faces, family trees, memories and so on. One thing some people don't like that she has done in her templates is that she has removed the 2nd gen from some of the family tree & in some templates, she removed the townies.

Btw: M&G is Mansions & Garden Stuff.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Are bool prop testingcheatsenabled true and agesimscheat on considered corruption mods?

No, those are cheats, not mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Taken from The Sims Wiki.

Sometimes, Chastity has a strange glitch that prevents her from getting married, and will only be engaged no matter how many times the player attempts to marry her. She will even gain multiple memories of marriage to the same Sim from this. This will occasionally cause her to become permanently frozen. This was fixed in the subsequent patch.

By any chance, are you using maxis templates (the neighborhoods)? I recommend using Meetme2theriver's templates which are the same neighborhoods but they're much cleaner than the maxis originals. The only difference from the originals & Meetme2theriver's is she cleaned up a lot of junk & fixed a lot of things such as broken faces, family trees, memories and so on. One thing some people don't like that she has done in her templates is that she has removed the 2nd gen from some of the family tree & in some templates, she removed the townies.

Btw: M&G is Mansions & Garden Stuff.

Yes, I am using the maxis template. How do I get Meetme2theriver's templates?

Thanks for explaining M&G. I don't have that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:10 PM
No, those are cheats, not mods.

Ok, Thanks, Good to know.
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Yes, I am using the maxis template. How do I get Meetme2theriver's templates?

Thanks for explaining M&G. I don't have that.

Here is the link to the newest version of the Belladonna Cove template: Click on this, it's a direct link to the Belladonna Cove clean template

Backup your current save if you want, or place it somewhere safe on your desktop. Since both Neighborhoods are named the same "E001" , they will overwrite each other. You don't want that. You could get a bulk rename program that I've read others use here on MTS that can change the numbers and stuff but I'm not 100% sure on how that stuff works...

Anyways,

Download the Main Hood version, unzip it using 7zip or WinRAR & place "E001" into your Neighborhoods folder. You've successfully installed the clean template of Belladonna Cove! They do have the other neighborhoods available too, just click on the tag #Clean Templates Rerelease .. If you grab them, the installation is exactly the same way as what you did with Belladonna Cove just now. :D