Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2GridAdjuster V1.2.3 - Change Grid Elevations (Updated June 5, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 24th Apr 2009 at 9:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:22 PM by Nysha

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 137 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Instructor
THANKS POST
#126 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:46 PM
Perfect thanks.
Test Subject
#127 Old 28th May 2012 at 3:39 PM
Help leveling terrain
I'm trying to make a townhouse that i lived in as a little kid and remember L shaped staires like the one in the pictrure, I tried everything to sink the terrain without effecting the walking area in the middle but nothing worked. The lot is 30x30 and it's 15 squares from left to right to touch the corner of the walking area and 20 blocks from sidewalk to walking area. I don't know exactly what every little thing means in your program since everything I tried seems to corrupt the lot and make it underwater or something. PLEASE HELP! thankyou.
Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#128 Old 28th May 2012 at 4:16 PM
This isn't specifically a GridAdjuster question. It's more of a general build question. I would suggest that you post in the Create -> Sims 2 -> Building forum.

I believe that this is not a problem with the tool; it's a problem understanding how the game works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#129 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:59 PM
How does the versioned backups feature work? Does it create its own backups? If so, where are they stored?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#130 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:22 PM
Normally, the lot will be backed up to <lot name>.bkp. If a .BKP file already exists, it will be overwritten.

With versioned backups, the lot will be backed up to <lot name>_#.bkp, where # is the next unique number for that lot. This allows you to keep multiple backups, but will use more space on your hard drive.

The backups are stored in the Lots folder, right beside the lot package.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#131 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 1:30 PM
Lovely, thankyou.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 9:02 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4037766

What values am I supposed to enter to achieve this?

I did try something, but now the neighborhood won't load and the game terminates. Did I download it incorrectly?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#133 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 28th Dec 2012 at 12:25 AM.
There's no reason to post the same problem in two different places. Let's continue this in your original thread.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 7:49 PM
Is it possible for part of the first floor or ground floor (or however you call it where you hail from) to be submerged (like in the attached picture) with the Grid-Adjuster - without the slope?
I don't know if you can see it, my picture-taking abilities are sadly limited, but there is actually a piece of flat ground protruding from the slope. If I could just get it higher, it might even cover the slope but I don't know how.
I'm not fixed on the foundation, but I would like to lower that part, say, 4 clicks, maybe?
The Grid-Adjuster settings I used are from this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440837
Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#135 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 9:08 PM
To get a change in elevation without a slope, you need to have two different levels.

The simplest way to get what you want is to create a house where Level 1 is on a foundation and Level 0 is on the ground, as explained in the link that you gave above. There are various tutorials available to show you how to create a split-level house.

Or, are you trying to create a real no-slope basement, rather than a split level?
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Or, are you trying to create a real no-slope basement, rather than a split level?

Hi Mootilda,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly – sorry, I couldn't do the same for you but work got in the way.
I'm not entirely sure yet how to realise this project…I've been playing around with the GridAdjuster to see if the results were better than the CFE-Cheat and split-levels or stages or whatever it takes to get this right. I still think the GridAdjuster is the way to go – I just can't figure out the settings. So far, I've only created no-slope basements and sloped roads with it, so I guess you could call me a newbie. I did try to find a solution by myself first, though, but all of the threads were kind of old or discontinued or not available anymore which is why I finally went back to the GridAdjuster thread.
If you're interested, I've attached a draft of what I'm trying to achieve here. It's a Hotel that's been build on top of a cliff. The read line is the part I was trying to build so far. I thought it would make a real nice beach lot but than again I've had many ideas over the years and had to abandon about 70% of them – all because I just couldn't get it right and I'm kind of a perfectionist.
If you think, this can't be accomplished just say so – I'll find something new soon enough. Or I'll alter the concept although my stickler-heart will bleed – only a bit.
I'm just so tiered of building these neat little houses which are – all in all – quite bland.
Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#137 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:14 PM
First, the GridAdjuster can't do anything that CFE can't do. Those restrictions are in the game engine and data formats; nothing will get around them.

You'll need a lot of levels to do your hotel, I count at least 10. Each time that you see a vertical line between one section and another, you need to consider having an extra level. I've attached a slightly modified copy of your picture, showing the levels that you'll need.

Note that this doesn't consider any inverted levels that are required to allow the ground to rise above a buildable level. I believe that adds just one additional level between the ground and level 1.

Whenever you have a wall which isn't a normal height, it will not be weather proof. Therefore, there's no way to keep the snow and rain out of your hotel.

If you want help with this project, I would recommend that you start a new thread. This is well beyond the purview of this thread.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the modified draft! That actually helps me a lot! I can see now, that I've been looking a this 1) from the wrong side and 2) I've been looking at each build-part individually instead of seeing the whole building as needing the grid-adjustments! This is great – I can take it from here and see where I get. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 10:35 AM
Good job thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 7:10 AM
Would it be possible to change an existing sloped basement (with house already built on top) into a no-slope basement using this tool? Perhaps by adjusting the ground level?

Thank you so much!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#141 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 3:46 PM
A normal sloped basement only requires 1 level, but a no-slope basement requires 2. Therefore, it won't work without adding another level under the house. There's a program which will add a level to a lot, but it's pretty rough at this time:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=328166

If you decide to try it, please be sure to backup your neighborhood and to keep the backup until you are completely satisfied.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#142 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 5:35 PM
Okay, makes sense. I also wanted to add that I think you did a great job with the UI for both this and your Lot Adjuster. In perusing this thread I saw some concern about that, but I actually think you did an amazing job of making it feel as simple and approachable as possible.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:06 PM
Hi again, Mootilda! I've been abusing the LotAdjuster for the last week or so, trying to create an unconventional build, and I've finally concluded that this project is just beyond me. Any help you could offer would be very much appreciated (including confirmation that it's just not possible).

What I'd like to do: Create a house with a no-slope basement, sunk -11, so that it effectively has a 5 step tall "foundation." Then attach a 5-step tall porch in one place and a 2-step tall sunroom/breezeway in a different place.

The foundation would wind up looking like this:

Looks good, right? The breezeway, to the left, is just 2 steps tall, and the porch (brown) is level with the 5-step foundation. I did this by building elevated levels (so they wouldn't connect with the ground floor/basement) and then sinking them. The problem comes when I try to build walls:

The wall on the left and the wall on the right (near porch) seem to be on the same level, but due to the way I built the porch, they are most definitely not. This leads to problems: they can't connect with each other, and I can't place floor tiles on top of the porch wall because of the level limit. I can solve the latter issue with the dormer cheat, but the walls still won't connect. When I use the CFE cheat and try to level the terrain, it simply doesn't work: I get a single colored tile and can't drag it anywhere.

However, if I try to build a connecting wall with CFE on, it does give an interesting illustration of the problem.

Again, CFE --> Level Terrain just won't do anything.

I've tried various ways around this problem, but none of them worked. One idea I had was to build all the "first" floor walls on the floating level and then sink them along with the porch and breezeway. That didn't work, either, but I can't remember why at the moment. :/ My brain is stretched. I do think more experimentation might be possible if the level limit of the Lot Adjuster were removed - right now I can only go up to 5, but with workarounds/cheats, you can build many more levels in game. Would that be a possible update?

Thank you so much for any help. I'd really love to get this working.

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#144 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:50 PM
The level limit isn't a GridAdjuster thing. It's a game thing. I assume that you're using the base game only? What I do in this case is to move the lot to a University AGS, add the necessary levels, then move it back to the base game AGS. If you can't do that, then you could try the LevelAdder. which is rough but basically works. Just be sure to backup first and to keep your backup until you are sure that everything's OK.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=328166

The only way to solve your main problem is to have the levels be the same between the house and the porch. When levels aren't the same, then you see the symptoms that you're seeing. I know that you have said that it doesn't work; perhaps you could try it again and let me know what is actually happening.
Test Subject
#145 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:21 AM
I just discovered this wonderful program of yours but I have Windows 8 and am getting this message after starting it:

This is what shows up under "Details":

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package, Version=1.0.2909.39936, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'simpe.package, Version=1.0.2909.39936, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at LotExpander.PrimaryForm.NeighborhoodScreen()
at LotExpander.PrimaryForm.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6419 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS2GridAdjuster
Assembly Version: 1.2.3.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mom/Desktop/TS2GridAdjuster.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

SimPE works fine (I can recolor and do sim surgery.)

I have tried running it as administrator and changing the compatibility mode to WIndows XP Service Pack 2, which make the other Sims 2 programs work on my machine, but I still can't get the Grid Adjustor to work. Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#146 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:24 PM
Are you extracting the entire folder from the zip file to a folder on your hard drive?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:51 AM
The exe file is on the desk top; the other contents are in the SimPE folder (Computer>Windows8_OS(C>Program Files(x86)>SimPE).

Most if not all of the ddl files were already in that folder. The tgi.xml was placed into the Data folder.

(Thanks for the quick response!)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#148 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:53 PM
You need to have all of the files extracted to a folder on your hard drive. Anything else will fail.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:42 AM
Gah! I feel like such a fool! Thanks, you're the best!
Test Subject
#150 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:19 PM

The first time I used GridAdjuster it worked beautifully. Every time since then I try to use it and this happens.
What I've tried:
- Deleting the lot and rebuilding on the same spot.
- Deleting the lot and rebuilding on a different lot.
- Deleting the lot and rebuilding in a new neighbourhood.
- Deleting the lot, restarting the computer and rebuilding.
- (In GridAdjuster) selecting the suggested settings, reducing wall height to -12, selected and unselected Relative to current elevations, selected and unselected Versioned backups.
- Deleting and replacing GridAdjuster.
- Removing all downloads from TS2 Downloads folder (except Muse's Invisible Tiles)

In the photo you'll notice there are some random floor tiles on the ground in front of the test lot. I added those only on this attempt to make absolutely sure and to show whoever is able to help that I am 10 spaces away from the road (if I understood correctly that the building must be 10 spaces away).
Page 6 of 7