Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:57 AM
Awesome!! This technique is gonna be used and abused in my game. Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:12 PM
Attics?

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:46 AM
storage room.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
We have Junk Rooms at my house, but we call it the craft room =)
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:43 PM
Hi saw your tutorial and i think that it is awsome..I was going to do a tut and post it on TS3 i figured out how to do this a few days ago..But you had beat me to the punch on posting it.Would it bother you if i still posted a tut?Thank you in advance..

I was trying to stack rocks and this is close to what i came up with..I was at sim interior designs and they have it your tut posted there..So i was like dang i was to late.

http://www.siminteriordesigns.com/a...albumid=6512105

Saffron crimsonkitty25
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:25 AM
Cat - As long as you don't steal my words or pictures, I don't have any reason to care, do I :D

Good luck with it

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 7:16 AM Last edited by Catcrazzy : 20th Aug 2009 at 7:33 AM.
Thank you QBUILDERZ

You know what..I was thinking that you did a good tut on this already.I would not want to do take it from you!!I will leave it alone for now..

But in the near future i might.And i will let you know if i do so you could see it.I have been telling people about this awsome idea..And i posted links to here.You just saved me some time LoL!!

Since mine is based on the inside i guess i could do one for the interior..Hmm.Make up my mind already gee wiz..

http://www.siminteriordesigns.com/a...tacking-objects

Saffron crimsonkitty25
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:30 AM
It is always very humbling to me when my stuff gets found or noticed around the community Thanks for the link! The site itself looks really interesting.

And hey, if you can take this idea, apply it to the interior or make it better, go for it! Who am I to stop you. Heck, who am I to stop others from getting better at what they do even! Either way, if you write one, post a link! I would TOTALLY love to read it :D

Good luck!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM
Is this 100% SAVE?
Scholar
#35 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 9:49 PM
I have a question regarding this technique. I had once placed trees onto a tile roof, and saved the game, and upon reloading the trees were inside the home and the lot was generally missing a large sum of objects.

So, upon saving a lot with "acrostacked" objects, has it re-loaded properly?
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 4:19 AM
Dakkie - yes, no issues

Jasumi - I stated that it doesn't work with plants I have entered and reentered the lot multiple times, no issues at all, so have many others

Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 3:19 PM
Default cool
this is so great thanks for posting
=]
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:38 AM
its hard on step 4
Zombie Socks
#39 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:24 PM
It's a shame. It seems this no longer works. It might have been a patch.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 2:53 AM
Are you positive? My game isn't working any more, but it you are 100% I will change it to obsolete

Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:22 PM
thanks for sharing!

btw you said you found out how to cover things using the terrain? how do you do that?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:54 AM
Default Acrostacking columns?
I hope someone can help me. I've just finished a home that features arcostacked columns to create 1.25x and 1.50x tall columns to support a curved roof above the main structure. This was to be my first upload to MTS and much of the house is centered around these odd height columns. Everything has looked perfectly fine over the last few weeks that I've been working on this house, but when I package up the lot and then reinstall it into my game, some of the columns "unstack". Specifically, the top columns drop down and end up occupying the space of the bottom columns, leaving the ceiling floating in the air.

I've arcostacked the "upper" column to just press upwards into the ceiling a little bit to match the sloped contours of the roof above, but they do not protrude completely through (ie: the tip tops of the columns aren't visible from above). At first I thought that it was this "interaction" that was causing the columns to unstack when unpackaged, but a little test run proved that wasn't the case. In fact, my test left me more confused than I was before hand, as some of the columns remained stacked while others unstacked themselves.

I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this. The house I plan to upload relies on arcostacked columns.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 5:05 AM
Forgot to explain the pics...

First pic shows six arcostacked columns. The back rank all protrude through the roof and are visible from above, while the two outer columns in the front rank are just making contact with the ceiling. The middle column in the front rank actually penitrates into the ceiling layer in order to make it appear as if the column is contacting the ceiling at an angle.

The second pic was taken after packaging up the lot and reinstalling it elsewhere in Sunset Valley. The two left columns have remained intact, while the other four have "unstacked" themselves.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
So, yesterday I found a way to cover objects with terrain.

How?

And thanks for the awesome tutorial!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:03 AM
Ok, nevermind, I found it (http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=361097). And somehow I cannot enter the 2nd page of this thread, so can't edit first comment. Sorry.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM
The Shoveler - I'm not sure how this trick effects columns. They try to force a grid so you can build on it, and that is the only thing I can think of for why it popped back up.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:50 PM
I guess I'll keep hammering away at it. I just found it strange that only some of the columns unstack, while some do not. Gotta figure out how to make this work... and stay stacked. I don't think I can upload a "broken" house, now can I -- even if I do include instructions on how to fix it.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#48 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 7:15 PM
Okay, so I am having similar problems as the Shoveler. Kind of anyway. I can get my items buried or raised (see below), can save the game, quit and restart and everything is lovely. However, if I save to the library and plop the lot down somewhere else, everything pops back to the ground level.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Page 2 of 2