Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#476 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 11:01 PM
Hello ,Cmar. I recloned a top, checked the option "Remove Specular" and then changed the mesh. I change the textures in Sims4studio. After I opened it with s4pe and replaced the normalmap with the new one. When I test in game, the top have another bumpmap (from my old top). I change the mesh from new EA clothing (Not change my old mesh). I reclone the top 5 times and import the new meshes, and everytime the top have another bumpmap. Please help.

I also have the same problem with the dress which I wrote to you about a few months ago ( I didn't understand how and what codes should I change).
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#477 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 10:29 PM
The bumpmap is linked directly from each mesh. If you're importing a mesh that came from another clone, it links to another bumpmap. You'd have to edit every mesh and change the bumpmap link to match the TGI of your new bumpmap. A future version of CAS Mesh Tools will make that easy but I don't know when that's going to be available. Meanwhile you can try replacing the bumpmap using TSRW or Sims 4 Studio.

In your second problem, the mesh is linking to a bumpmap that doesn't exist. If you can't follow the tutorial on removing the bumpmap, try using TSRW or Sim 4 Studio.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#478 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 3:56 PM
Thank you. I fixed the clothes.
Test Subject
#479 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 1:04 AM
I'm getting the error: not all resources found.
This happens when I'm cloning hair. It seems to drop the custom thumbnail.
Lab Assistant
#480 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 4:15 PM
Default thanks
thanks, i will try to see if i can so some custom content with this.:D
Test Subject
#481 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:01 AM Last edited by himitsu : 27th Mar 2015 at 5:49 AM.
Hi, I love using this! I don't want to be a bother, and I noticed no one else has posted this already, but the Mesh Cloner stopped working after today's update of Sims 4 (3/26/15)...
Test Subject
#482 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:06 PM
Was going to say the same as himitsu! I love this tool and it's a shame it doesn't work with the newest patch. EA seemed to mess up so many things with this patch :c
Test Subject
#483 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:00 AM
I really like this tool and I always need it for my creations
I hope there will be an update for us, because it's not working :/
Lab Assistant
#484 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM
+1 on update, I really do hope someone gets on top of it. This tool is ESSENTIAL for us who create CC but don`t use Blender (I`m a Max user - such a shame there is no Max GEOM plugin for TS4).
Test Subject
#485 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 1:58 AM
+1 Yes, please update Tool!!
Test Subject
#486 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:10 AM
I too am hoping for an update to this tool. I don't use Blender either and I am dependent on this great tool for creating. Any word on possible update forthcoming?
Test Subject
#487 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:44 AM
i look forward to an update for this great tool
Test Subject
#488 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 1:22 PM
I am having trouble with an error. When I click on 1 color and export it to Sims 4 Studio and add swatches and load it into my game, only one color is selectable. So I go back to the file that I am copying and click on all the colors and when trying to export that I get an error saying: "object reference not set to an instance of an object." I tried this in both 6.4 and the current one. Any help would be great! I have the most recent patch.

Eccentricanthro

P.S. It looks like we are all having issues with the new patch. So update when you can!
Test Subject
#489 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 7:29 PM
Default Um How do I download this.. sorry im new
Idk how to download this.. pease help
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by screaminq.sonqs
Idk how to download this.. pease help

Download the .zip file from the first post.
Test Subject
#491 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
i'm going to assume Cmar is working on this now but maybe we will get it when the new expansion comes out next week. Anyways this modding tool rocks and I for sure would be lost without it. Can't wait for the update and can't wait for this new expansion!!!
Test Subject
#492 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:40 PM
Hi my TS4 CAS/Mesh Tools gives this error
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#493 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DD06
you don't really need this tool sims4 studio does it all for you now

S4S is a great tool, but it dosen`t have geom auto conversion option, which is a great way of skinning hair meshes w/o having to use Blender.
Test Subject
#494 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:45 PM
Hello Cmar...Can you say whether you will be updating this tool? I certainly do not mind waiting, but would like to know if you have such plans as I am really dependent on this tool for creating.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#495 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:44 PM
Sorry everyone - I've been having multiple RL issues that have distracted me from modding but I'm now looking at updating CAS Mesh Tools to handle the latest patch along with the increased compatibility with Milkshape I've been slowly working on for a while. Hopefully I'll have something functional for you in a matter of days.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#496 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 11:44 AM
forgive my English, after the last patch, which brought many problems. I could still use this tool without problem. exporting, modifying and converting mesh. My only problem is with the seams. as on, in MilkShape, auto smooth.
I have made several attempts and always the same result.

in s4s I tried the trick ¨fixneckseam¨ but did not work.

I look forward to also update this wonderful program!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#497 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coloresurbanos
forgive my English, after the last patch, which brought many problems. I could still use this tool without problem. exporting, modifying and converting mesh. My only problem is with the seams. as on, in MilkShape, auto smooth.
I have made several attempts and always the same result.

in s4s I tried the trick ¨fixneckseam¨ but did not work.

I look forward to also update this wonderful program!

Did you have "Autosmooth" unchecked in the groups tab in Milkshape?

Test Subject
#498 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 6:12 PM
Autosmooth is disabled. as learned in creating sims 3. Compile and modify many mesh before updating. never had this problem.
I'm testing, scale vertices of a skirt I agreed mesh, unedited and no problems sewing. I will continue doing test, if I find the problem, I notice!

Test Subject
#499 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 6:43 PM
oh, my god !!! apologize, the error was mine, specifically in bump map.
then I can assure you, s4castool need not update for my works perfect!

The thumbnail is solved by making its own!
Test Subject
#500 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:11 PM
Geez, I really need help

Sorry for disturb you, but I insert the wrong path, so the program does crash down

How can I change the path?
Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 20 of 36