Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#576 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:38 PM
Okay - Thanks for the info and thanks for the update to sucha great tool.
I've used CASTools for the few 3to4 hair and shoe conversions I've done in the past - all work fine apart from the morphs or one or two glitches.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#577 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:16 AM
Hi Cmar! I just wanted to say thanks for the great tool. I am not fond of blender and it mucking up normal alignment, so it is my go-to when editing meshes.

I do want to ask though. Before the MS3D option was available, I used the TS3 GEOM export. I often used Wes' align vertex tool which unfortunately removes the bone assignments and weights. Upon reimport they were always reassigned. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the MS3D format upon reimporting. Is it possible that bone reassignment to the MS3D format will happen in the future?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#578 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:01 AM
I'm not aware of any align vertex tool removing bone assignments. Do you mean vertex/align normals? What's the exact name of the tool?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#579 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm not aware of any align vertex tool removing bone assignments. Do you mean vertex/align normals? What's the exact name of the tool?

It is the Unimesh Vertex data merge tool. It is a TS2 tool, but works well for TS3 and TS4. I think it is by Wes, but I have had it for a while so I could be wrong (I probably am). I am not great with meshing lingo, but you can see in the image at how it clears the bone assignments where it was used around the edge of the hair (could be due to the head being in the object format, but there is no GEOM format out there that I could use). I generally use it for female to male conversions, or a child conversion like this since the normal alignments on the head meshes are different and would create odd lighting if not done.

As I said, the removal is not really an issue once I reimport a GEOM. The same can't be said for the MS3D file. I was only aware of the issue when I compared it to an earlier mesh I had carried out the same process of aligning the vertices and normals (which works perfectly ingame).
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#580 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:37 PM
I use Data Merge myself. It doesn't remove bone assignments and weights; it copies them from one vertex to one or more other vertices. The OBJ mesh format has no bone assignments or weights, so that's where your problem is - you're copying empty assignments/weights. My suggestion is that you assign the head mesh to the b__Head__ bone 100% before you use the Data Merge tool. Alternatively, you can clone the head mesh using CAS Tools and export it as MS3D and use that instead of the OBJ version, which has the advantage of giving you the exact bone data for the entire head. That way your hair vertices should have the correct assignments/weights without having to reassign from the original mesh.

A large part of the reason to use the MS3D format was so meshers could modify the bones if necessary. I could add an option to the import to reassign bones but it seems like an unnecessary complication when the only use would be in a special case like this which IMO has an easy workaround.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#581 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:00 PM
Thanks for the tip. Redoing the head mesh will be the easiest way to go for sure. I will have to hunt down the mesh when I get a chance. In the mean time I have just been using existing hairs I have altered.

The MS3D format is definitely a lot easier to use too. So much easier exporting and importing lod groups together rather then individually. It will just take some getting used to.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#582 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:58 PM
Good! Meanwhile I discovered there was a bug preventing MS3D export of the head meshes (which have a slightly different format) in CAS Tools. I've fixed it but am still having another couple of problems with one of the groups (appears to be the teeth) so meanwhile I've attached the complete set of MS3D head meshes. They should be fine for vertex data purposes.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MS3D_HeadMeshes.zip (683.6 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
#583 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:45 AM
Good! Meanwhile I discovered there was a bug preventing MS3D export of the head meshes (which have a slightly different format) in CAS Tools. I've fixed it but am still having another couple of problems with one of the groups (appears to be the teeth) so meanwhile I've attached the complete set of MS3D head meshes. They should be fine for vertex data purposes.

thank you so much! You are awesome :lovestruc
Test Subject
#584 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 8:56 PM
Default Confused About Upated Tool
I have been using the TS4CAS Tool and the Sims4Studio for quite awhile for my meshing with Milkshape and for my own mesh recolors and for those of other creators(with permission ). The new version of the TS4CAS tool (vers 1.0.0.2) does not seem to work with the Sims4Studio (vers 2.5.0.8) at all. There also doesn't seem to be a way to clone my own meshes and others and get a unique identifier.

As for meshing...If I use meshing "by Lod" I do get a finished package after a minor edit, but once opened in Sims4Studio there is no multiplier and if click on it it crashes. If I edit a mesh " by Meshpart" and choose TS3 in order to mesh in Milkshape I can export but once I try to import I get an error message.

I also notice that there is now a "recolor manager" tab. Is this program now supposed to be an all-in-one? If so there is no viewing window. How does one know what one is doing?
I have a bunch of other little questions but they are of no importance unless I can get this program to work for me. I do need some help.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#585 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:23 PM
If Sims4Studio no longer works with packages cloned by CAS Tools, it's probably expecting a complete clone with all parts and can't cope If anything is linked to EA resources in the game packages. In this version I made the decision to clone only parts which are actually custom, both to avoid package bloat and redundancy, and to reduce issues of copyright protection when cloning expansion and stuff pack items.

I'll have to check on the import of TS3 meshes - possibly something got broken. Meanwhile, IMO export to and import from MS3D is a better method anyway.

I plan to do a preview in a future version. Meanwhile textures can be previewed in Milkshape and imported with CAS Tools.

Instructor
#586 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:15 PM
A package does work in Sims4Studio if a texture is linked to the mesh you're extracting. I found I can do that via your mesh tool/Clone Package Editor
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#587 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 6:14 AM
Yes, anything you import is then included in the package.

Test Subject
#588 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:32 AM
Yes, anything you import is then included in the package.

How did you do that please?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#589 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cashew
How did you do that please?

Click the texture image, then click the Import button in the popup and select your texture.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#590 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:31 PM
I can't lanch the program. It crashes.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#591 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 5:49 PM
OK..I got Sims4Studio to work by exporting and importing the original texture as well as using commit and save package on each tab. So now I can clone any EA CAS part, mesh and recolor it. Now my problem is in trying to clone my own packages or the packages of other creators(permission given) to recolor. This option is no longer available on front page. I tried to do this under tab "clone package editor" by selecting one of my previously made packages. It opened with all recolors. I tried renaming it under the "Recolor Manager" and deleting the other color selections and then saving it as a new package. However, it will not show up in the game if the original package is also in the game so it is not getting a unique identifier. Is there someway of doing this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#592 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I can't lanch the program. It crashes.

Please post the complete error message.

OK..I got Sims4Studio to work by exporting and importing the original texture as well as using commit and save package on each tab. So now I can clone any EA CAS part, mesh and recolor it. Now my problem is in trying to clone my own packages or the packages of other creators(permission given) to recolor. This option is no longer available on front page. I tried to do this under tab "clone package editor" by selecting one of my previously made packages. It opened with all recolors. I tried renaming it under the "Recolor Manager" and deleting the other color selections and then saving it as a new package. However, it will not show up in the game if the original package is also in the game so it is not getting a unique identifier. Is there someway of doing this?

I removed that option, not knowing if it would be useful. Could you describe in more detail the purpose of this function - do you want to have recolors in a separate package that show up as additions to the original CC item? As a separate item? Should the original CC be required? (I would think so.)

Test Subject
#593 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 7:00 PM
I want to make a new different texture for a mesh that I made previously as standalone new CAS item with its own recolors. This is also how to bring in a mesh from another person to make a new and different texture. The option formerly on the front page worked perfectly as it made a new stand alone package I believe. I don't want additions to the original CC item.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#594 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:13 PM
I don't get an error message. It worked once but now, I can't use it. It doesn't even lanch.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#595 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:57 PM
I want to make a new different texture for a mesh that I made previously as standalone new CAS item with its own recolors. This is also how to bring in a mesh from another person to make a new and different texture. The option formerly on the front page worked perfectly as it made a new stand alone package I believe. I don't want additions to the original CC item.

Understood, and I'll put that back in for future versions.

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I don't get an error message. It worked once but now, I can't use it. It doesn't even lanch.

Please be more specific - what exactly happens when you try to run it? What version are you using? Have you tried rebooting?

Test Subject
#596 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM
I need help as well, I've been using this to convert TS3 hairs to TS4, for personal use only, & I don't understand the whole S4 reference mesh pop up when I'm converting the LODs to S4 format.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#597 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JordanAcklin
I need help as well, I've been using this to convert TS3 hairs to TS4, for personal use only, & I don't understand the whole S4 reference mesh pop up when I'm converting the LODs to S4 format.

What tab are you using for your conversions? For TS3 hair conversions you'd normally use Mesh Tools / GEOM Tools / GEOM Conversion and use the conversion with no reference.

Test Subject
#598 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:10 PM
I keep getting the same error whenever I try to import mesh which is:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at XMODS.Form1.PackageMesh_dataGridView_CellClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
S4CASTools
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
XmodsDataLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/XmodsDataLib.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 1412.28.57.34110
Win32 Version: 1412.28.57.34110
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
DDSPanel
Assembly Version: 1311.6.2239.15912
Win32 Version: 1311.6.2239.15912
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/DDSPanel.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 1412.28.57.34111
Win32 Version: 1412.28.57.34111
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 1412.28.57.34110
Win32 Version: 1412.28.57.34110
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/nehal/Downloads/Compressed/MTS_CmarNYC_1542626_S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/S4CASTools_1_0_0_2/s4pi.Settings.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#599 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by awemermaid
I keep getting the same error whenever I try to import mesh which is:

Could you upload the mesh you're trying to import, the package you're trying to import it into, and a screenshot of CAS Tools when you get the error so I can see how you have it set and what you're clicking on?

Test Subject
#600 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:00 AM
What tab are you using for your conversions? For TS3 hair conversions you'd normally use Mesh Tools / GEOM Tools / GEOM Conversion and use the conversion with no reference.

I use that tab, but when I put the hair through milkshape & do all that stuff to it then go in to convert the .simgeom from ts3 to ts4 it says:
You Must Select A S4 Reference!
Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 24 of 36