Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#601 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JordanAcklin
I use that tab, but when I put the hair through milkshape & do all that stuff to it then go in to convert the .simgeom from ts3 to ts4 it says:
You Must Select A S4 Reference!

Use the conversion that doesn't take a reference:

Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#602 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:13 PM
I export the ts4 meshes of two meshes I look to combine, and when I go to GEOM combine it says they have to be the same format even though they are.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#603 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
I export the ts4 meshes of two meshes I look to combine, and when I go to GEOM combine it says they have to be the same format even though they are.

Please upload the meshes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#604 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:26 PM
The tool doesn't work on my computer. It's the latest version and I've restarted my computer and cleaned up with CCleaner and... nothing. The previous version also gave me some unexpected shutdowns, but this directly doesn't open. Anyone know how I can fix it? (In simple words, please, my English level is low xD)
Forum Resident
#605 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Please upload the meshes.

Here are the two files I wanted to combine
Attached files:
File Type: rar  files.rar (17.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#606 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:12 AM
[QUOTE=CmarNYC]Use the conversion that doesn't take a reference:

Thank you!!! It worked
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#607 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 11:56 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th Jul 2015 at 2:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LuxySims3
The tool doesn't work on my computer. It's the latest version and I've restarted my computer and cleaned up with CCleaner and... nothing. The previous version also gave me some unexpected shutdowns, but this directly doesn't open. Anyone know how I can fix it? (In simple words, please, my English level is low xD)

What do you mean by "nothing"? What exactly happens when you try to run the program? Did you download the new version and extract it into a new, empty folder?

Here are the two files I wanted to combine

Sorry about that - the latest version which I just uploaded will combine differently-formatted meshes among other changes. Be sure to put the shoes mesh first so its format will be used as the final format. Also you might want to fix the normals on the butterflies mesh first.

Version 1.0.0.4 is uploaded: Various fixes plus now handles the alien glow map.

Test Subject
#608 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:57 PM
What do you mean by "nothing"? What exactly happens when you try to run the program? Did you download the new version and extract it into a new, empty folder?

When I try to open the program for the first time after being download and unzip into a new folder (I've already tried with WinRAR and then with 7-zip, thinking that was the problem), I put my creator name and the game installation directory (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin games \ the Sims 4 \). After saving, nothing happens. I try to reopen the program, but nothing happens again. I rebooted my computer, but it keeps going the same...
Forum Resident
#609 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:12 PM

Sorry about that - the latest version which I just uploaded will combine differently-formatted meshes among other changes. Be sure to put the shoes mesh first so its format will be used as the final format. Also you might want to fix the normals on the butterflies mesh first.

Version 1.0.0.4 is uploaded: Various fixes plus now handles the alien glow map.

Thanks! The shoes seem to be working properly now.
Sorry, but what do you mean "fix the normals"?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#610 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM
When I try to open the program for the first time after being download and unzip into a new folder (I've already tried with WinRAR and then with 7-zip, thinking that was the problem), I put my creator name and the game installation directory (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin games \ the Sims 4 \). After saving, nothing happens. I try to reopen the program, but nothing happens again. I rebooted my computer, but it keeps going the same...

There's no error message at all? What's your operating system?

Without any kind of error message to give me a clue, I may not be able to help you.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#611 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:17 PM
Thanks! The shoes seem to be working properly now.
Sorry, but what do you mean "fix the normals"?

The mesh normals don't look right to me and could cause weird shading. How does the mesh look in Milkshape? Have you aligned the normals using the vertex tools menu?

Test Subject
#612 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:08 PM
There's no error message at all? What's your operating system?

Without any kind of error message to give me a clue, I may not be able to help you.

Before there was no error message, the program will not open. Now I tried again to download and displays the following (again, after putting my name creator and all that ...):

Translation (more or less) to English would be:

"CASTools stopped working. Windows is collecting information about the problem. This may take several minutes ..."
"Would you send more information about the problem? Additional details of the problem can help Microsoft to create a solution"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#613 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:27 PM
It looks like some kind of incompatibility with your system. You didn't say what operating system you're using, but possibly your version of .NET needs updating. I can only guess, though. If it's a problem with the new version of CAS Tools hopefully someone else will report it and that might help. If it's your system, as I said you can try running Windows Update.

Forum Resident
#614 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:32 PM
The mesh normals don't look right to me and could cause weird shading. How does the mesh look in Milkshape? Have you aligned the normals using the vertex tools menu?

The mesh looks the way it is supposed to in game. Sorry Im still confused, what is the mesh "normals"?
Test Subject
#615 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:58 PM
It looks like some kind of incompatibility with your system. You didn't say what operating system you're using, but possibly your version of .NET needs updating. I can only guess, though. If it's a problem with the new version of CAS Tools hopefully someone else will report it and that might help. If it's your system, as I said you can try running Windows Update.

Oh sorry, I forgot. I'm using windows 7 and this is not the first time I download the program. I've had previous versions and only the latter gave me problems. Version 1.0.0.2 gave me some unexpected shutdowns, but nothing major. For these reasons, I don't understand why I have problems now. Could you give me a download link to an earlier version to test if it works (previous 1.0.0.2)?

I just running windows update and installed the latest updates, but the problem persists. This time, there is no error messages again, the program simply doesn't open after I put the creator name and directory =/
Test Subject
#616 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 7:11 PM
Default test new version

after several test. under Windows 8. program incompatibility is the result for me!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#617 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 7:48 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot. I'm using windows 7 and this is not the first time I download the program. I've had previous versions and only the latter gave me problems. Version 1.0.0.2 gave me some unexpected shutdowns, but nothing major. For these reasons, I don't understand why I have problems now. Could you give me a download link to an earlier version to test if it works (previous 1.0.0.2)?

I just running windows update and installed the latest updates, but the problem persists. This time, there is no error messages again, the program simply doesn't open after I put the creator name and directory =/

Quote: Originally posted by jomsims
after several test. under Windows 8. program incompatibility is the result for me!

I'm running it on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 with no problems.

I've attached a new build with some options changed, including an inconsistent version of .NET and removal of some unnecessary references that might not exist on every system - it might or might not make a difference. Please let me know.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4CASTools_1_0_0_5.zip (424.6 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#618 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:04 PM

I've attached a new build with some options changed, including an inconsistent version of .NET and removal of some unnecessary references that might not exist on every system - it might or might not make a difference. Please let me know.

It seems that it makes no difference, again "CASTools stop working" appears.
I attached a picture where I have marked in red "files that help describe the problem", in the case that information can be useful.

" C:\Users\Lucía\AppData\Local\Temp\WER22EC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Lucía\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3988.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Lucía\AppData\Local\Temp\WER39A8.tmp.mdmp"

I checked my .net framework and this is the version 4.5., is it wrong?

The problem may be related to the continued substitution of other more recent version? I've gotten so crazy that I downloaded 20,000 times the file today in case there was an error on download.

And thank you very much for your help, you're being very kind >.<
Test Subject
#619 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:24 PM
Default nithing change

For me same problem! de tool dont open.
Test Subject
#620 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:34 PM
Now a friend send me his old version (S4CASTools 0.8.0.0) and this open but when I want to clone a package, this appears:

I don't know what to do...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#621 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:50 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jul 2015 at 8:13 PM.
Now a friend send me his old version (S4CASTools 0.8.0.0) and this open but when I want to clone a package, this appears:

I don't know what to do...

I did some more fiddling and have attached another try at version 1.0.0.5. If that doesn't work I'm kind of stumped. Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit?

I've also attached version 1.0.0.2 which you said was working for you. Although I don't understand why you can't restore the folder from the trash bin or find the original download for it? Version 0.8.0.0 is not compatible with the latest game patch from EA.

Edit: Please use the upload of 1.0.0.5 attached in a later comment.

Test Subject
#622 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:59 PM
I did some more fiddling and have attached another try at version 1.0.0.5. If that doesn't work I'm kind of stumped. Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit?

I've also attached version 1.0.0.2 which you said was working for you. Although I don't understand why you can't restore the folder from the trash bin or find the original download for it? Version 0.8.0.0 is not compatible with the latest game patch from EA.

i retest 10_0_0_2 and 10_0_0_5. again same problem

The latest version that opens correctly it s for me ..... 10_0_0. thank you and sorry cmar. my system window 8 _64
Test Subject
#623 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM

My sistem is 64-bit, and the version 1.0.0.5 doesn't open.

By trying something new, I write the incorrect installation directory and the program opens, but with the warning "please go to file / change settings and correct it or make it blank to reset, then restart" appears. Everything is normal. I do that, put the correct installation directory and restart, but the program doesn't open again. It will be a problem with my installation directory? I have the common: C : \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ The Sims 4 \ ... so I don't understand ._.

I tried previous versions, but now doesn't work any of them, the same thing happens to me: I write my name creator, the installation directory, save, but nothing happens...

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, every time it gets worse and I can't restore the folder from the trash bin because in an effort to fix it, I cleaned my computer with ccleaner and all my trash was cleared ... so I can't restore anything xD

I am a complete disaster D: , I don't know what the hell I'm doing xD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#624 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:42 AM
I don't think it's anything either of you are doing. It's pretty simple - extract the files into a new, empty folder and run the .exe file. I'm also on 64-bit, BTW, so that's not it. Very confusing!

That creator name and path startup runs before a lot of other stuff happens to set up the main screen, so the problem must be something in the other stuff. (Not the installation directory.) The thing is, I haven't made any changes to that part that seem like they'd do this plus I have no idea why it would do it on some systems and not others. But you never know. I'll have to examine it more closely.

Unfortunately the dread 'Program has stopped working' error can be caused by a lot of things, some of which may be in the program and some may be in the system and it could even be your antivirus or some other factor like that.

Also no clue as to why you now can't run previous versions. Oh, and .NET 4.5 is correct.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try rebuilding the entire project in case something got corrupted. *sigh*

I've attached 1.0.0.0 - since jomsims is able to run that, I'd like to know if you can run it too. If so, I can look for differences between the versions in the code that executes between the name/path setup and the main screen appearing.

Thanks to both of you for working with me on this.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4CASTools_1_0_0_0.zip (420.5 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#625 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:04 AM
I don't think it's anything either of you are doing. It's pretty simple - extract the files into a new, empty folder and run the .exe file. I'm also on 64-bit, BTW, so that's not it. Very confusing!

That creator name and path startup runs before a lot of other stuff happens to set up the main screen, so the problem must be something in the other stuff. (Not the installation directory.) The thing is, I haven't made any changes to that part that seem like they'd do this plus I have no idea why it would do it on some systems and not others. But you never know. I'll have to examine it more closely.

Unfortunately the dread 'Program has stopped working' error can be caused by a lot of things, some of which may be in the program and some may be in the system and it could even be your antivirus or some other factor like that.

Also no clue as to why you now can't run previous versions. Oh, and .NET 4.5 is correct.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try rebuilding the entire project in case something got corrupted. *sigh*

I've attached 1.0.0.0 - since jomsims is able to run that, I'd like to know if you can run it too. If so, I can look for differences between the versions in the code that executes between the name/path setup and the main screen appearing.

Thanks to both of you for working with me on this.

Now The 10_0_0_ version you just send me do s' not executed.
So I re-install the first 10_0_0 release. And its working.I have always used it ...I authorize the program with my antivirus.. I do not understand why .. since version 10_0_0_2 I do not open the software ...
.... And sorry for my bad english im french and sometimes use a translator ..
Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 25 of 36