Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#426 Old 23rd May 2016 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones

Also, @Charmful, I'm certain you are allowed to edit your picture links. K said in the application round you can change your pics right up until the deadline, I can't imagine that would have changed

Thanks Jones, I must have missed that particular blurb saying we were allowed to change pics up until the deadline. But now that I can see my scores/judge comments I might change some of the pics around to better show off my round 1 build.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Alchemist
#427 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:13 AM
Karen, are we allowed to do what we did last round and use the smallest beach lot again, as long as the building is the right amount of squares?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#428 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I would also like to request, in lieu of the comments - can I replace my pictures for the Round 1 entry - I wouldn't change the content of them but try to host them on imgur where they would be full-sized. I think they are turning out smaller because I am hosting them from photobucket and the site auto re-sizes the images which knocked my requirements score down for the application round. Let me know if that's allowed. Thanks!

I am uploading directly to MTS now and not using photobucket. So that is another option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#429 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:45 AM
Aww, thanks everybody! And thank you judges too! I loved seeing all the other approaches people have taken with this too- there are some awesome vacations taking shape!

Now if only I could figure out what I actually want to do with the shell for this next round... I'm at that annoying point where I love the elements I've come up with that have nothing whatsoever to do with the requirements, and the things to fulfill requirements are all "meh."

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#430 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:44 AM
I will be updating the score chart to make it clearer for people to see their own scores and comments later (hopefully today, but I have a very full day ahead of me!). I posted the scores at 1am last night and needed to head off to bed otherwise I can't get through a days work without head nodding I shall also be adding in the no CC scores and linking to the first page etc.

@CharmfulI suggest everyone uploads their images to MTS rather than to photobucket or other image site.

Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
Karen, are we allowed to do what we did last round and use the smallest beach lot again, as long as the building is the right amount of squares?
I need to think about this and look at the lot sizes.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Alchemist
#431 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
I need to think about this and look at the lot sizes.

ok, have two going at the moment, one on the downloaded lot, and one on the beach lot, just in case!! Fingers and toes are crossing as the beach lot is looking more authentic and cc free, other one needs cc terrain to make it look halfway like a beach!

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#432 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:59 AM
Thank you to the judges from my side; that helipad lot has my first flat CFE roofs; and I have also never made those type of stairs before. I am on a learning curve and if I should build something like this again, I would probably do it in a different way; but I am very happy with what I have done. (In real life, I am much better at gardening than at decorating too )
Top Secret Researcher
#433 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:42 PM
Oh, so many great entries already, I need to speed up a little it seems. Congrats Zarathustra, that lead is well deserved!

And thank you for the feedback, dear judges, that helps! I hope you won't be disappointed with the holiday destination. When the "boss" promised beach and palms, that was a little tongue in cheek. There will be beaches (and quite decent ones I daresay), but palms... that will be quite a disappointment as the destination is a small island in the southern part of the north sea. So while definitely lovely it won't be "tropical" at all. But I promise, there will be at least one palm (not sure if it shows during the course of this contest though as we do not show the destination but one lot).
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#434 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
ok, have two going at the moment, one on the downloaded lot, and one on the beach lot, just in case!! Fingers and toes are crossing as the beach lot is looking more authentic and cc free, other one needs cc terrain to make it look halfway like a beach!

@ekrubynaffit Yes, you may use the 3x5 beach lot.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#435 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:44 PM
Thanks to the judges for the comments! I expected more critical remarks, and I'm surprised with such a high score... I'm really happy you liked the station, and hope i can keep up with the expectations =)
I have to admit I love going CC-hunting, at least as much if not more than the actual building part, and obviously it was noticeable. It's so satisfying to finally find something and think "this is exactly what I need!" especially when there's some more tricky archive-digging involved ^^ I realize I barely ever use Maxi's stuff, although there will be more of it for the next round. The CC-free bonus would be a real challenge for me, I'll see how the following rounds go and whether I can come up with a suitable idea to try it...
Lab Assistant
#436 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:58 PM
Thanks, judges. I wasn’t expecting my last-minute entry to do so well.

Quote:
The front is a little bland/boxy looking.

That’s the problem with making a Sim version of a real building :P

Judge 2, it wasn’t until I read your comment that I realised I couldn’t remember going through security when we flew from there a couple of years ago. I had to go on the airport’s website and check. They really don’t have any – it’s just the usual questions at check-in about whether you’re carrying any forbidden items, plus random sampling of bottles of liquid. I suppose the scope for terrorism’s a bit limited – the flight’s only 20 minutes and the planes are too small to have luxuries like aisles and toilets. I think the largest carries fewer than 20 passengers; we flew back on a six-seater, sitting right behind the pilot.

Quote:
I am excited for the trip to Sicily!

Hope you’re not going to be too disappointed. The destination’s the Isles of Scilly, south-west of Cornwall, not Sicily.

I can’t believe there were no comments about the misplaced mermaid in the cafe. I totally failed to spot her when I was posting but she was glaringly obvious the following day. *Blush*
Alchemist
#437 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hazelnutter100
I suppose the scope for terrorism’s a bit limited – the flight’s only 20 minutes and the planes are too small to have luxuries like aisles and toilets. I think the largest carries fewer than 20 passengers; we flew back on a six-seater, sitting right behind the pilot.

Sadly terror attacks still happen on these planes! We had one in Christchurch when I worked for Air NZ. 10 Mins after takeoff a little beech which takes 19 passengers, no crew apart from the two pilots, and no door seperating the passengers from the flight deck, a woman got up and for no apparent reason stabbed the pilot, and another passenger. http://www.stuff.co.nz/258719/Mid-a...-stabbing-drama. She also came from a small airport with no security, and the domestic side of Christchurch (actually all New Zealand Airports) has no security, unless travelling within NZ on a boeing, theres security then, which is so stupid as we've not had an incident on one of those!

Thanks Karen, much appreciated in regards to Beach lot

Mad Poster
#438 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:35 PM
Karen - Are you going to link/post the scores to the 1st page?
(I know, I know... you've got nothing else more important to do Ack, don't hit me!!! I was kidding - just kidding )

Thank you, Judges for the scores - I know it is a LOT of work writing comments for everyone (been there!) I really REALLY appreciate it

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#439 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:18 PM
karen, thanks so much for the named spoiler buttons, just letting you know some are a little incorrect. Zar and Cat are under someone elses buttons.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#440 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:17 AM
Yeah I will link them to the first post. I had an extremely busy Sunday. Monday was a work day, followed by a children's workshop meeting, followed by choir - no time tonight and I even managed to mess up the spoiler tagging! Hopefully I'll have more time when I get in from the children's workshop tomorrow to get the scores all tidied up

Thanks for letting me know, Jo.

Alchemist
#441 Old 24th May 2016 at 1:24 AM Last edited by ekrubynaffit : 24th May 2016 at 2:59 AM.
Building merrily away and all of a sudden come to a halt. We cant delete walls. So creating a doorway like this is a no go?

*Editing
Never mind, made it so I havnt had to delete any walls, crisis averted!

*Editing again
We can't subsitute walls for hall walls?

*Editing last time
Dont need it now, making it work!!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#442 Old 24th May 2016 at 2:45 AM Last edited by porkypine : 24th May 2016 at 5:15 AM.
Here is the Wave Leisure Center on Island Paradise. It has a surf competition pool with umbrella shaded seating and dive and slide pool area. There is a small pool bar and hot tub. The outdoor shower area is behind the restrooms and changing area. The Russian/Tiki cafe serves a variety of gourmet foods. So hang out. It's open all hours.

Click on the thumbnails to see the rest of the lot.

I am going to drop out of this contest because my sims3 game takes an incredibly long time to load and for the images to resolve. My TS3 game lags and halts for several minutes at a time. It's been very annoying to try and build with it. I had to drop so many EP's just to take these pictures. It's been fun but I can't spend 3 hours for just these few crummy pictures. Thanks for having me. Unless you'd allow me to switch to TS4.. except it does not have beaches. Well... next contest then..
Top Secret Researcher
#443 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:24 AM
porkypine, I do hope you may switch to another game. There doesn't seem any requirement to stick to the one from the first round. It would be quite a loss if you didn't continue :-(

Also another question about the requirements concerning the pictures. I noticed that showing the front view from a Sims' eye perspective seems to be a requirement. I didn't read that from the first post, maybe this could be made more clear for future rounds?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#444 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:33 AM
I haven't seen any rule saying you have to stick to one game, I was actually wondering if someone would perhaps use all the games.

@ekrubynaffit lol. glad you got things sorted.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#445 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:51 AM
Screenshots - I cannot get my lot's viewpoint any better; there is no screen print program at the moment working properly with Windows 10 and the lot is large, so any advice anyone?
The shots, taken in windowed mode with alt + screenprint, is the only way I can do it at the moment (they are nice enough, I still had to make them smaller for upload) - but the point of view is always a problem with a larger lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#446 Old 24th May 2016 at 11:00 AM
Justpetro, exactly. And I was not aware that this was a requirement so I just wanted to ask and have it clarified. I did not have such a view either.
Mad Poster
#447 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:22 PM
I think if you can post some pics from the Sim's viewpoint, it should be okay - I did not have any comments about that from the judges in the first round. I have in the past sometimes moved a lot and it will get me a better viewpoint, but this one - it just does not want to work with me
Top Secret Researcher
#448 Old 24th May 2016 at 3:14 PM
I would think so too. And I did not get comments about that either but I saw this in someone elses comments (who got a point subtracted because of this), so I just wondered.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#449 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:29 PM Last edited by porkypine : 24th May 2016 at 4:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.

Also another question about the requirements concerning the pictures. I noticed that showing the front view from a Sims' eye perspective seems to be a requirement.

Lol. There is a hill that prevents me from backing up the camera to take an eye level front picture. All I could get was the gate at eye level. Plus, at eye level all you'd see are the bushes and the gate. If they are going to ding points for that, I'm ok with that. I'm only here for fun. I don't care if I win. It would be nice, but I am not going to go all militant, win at any cost on people.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#450 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Screenshots - I cannot get my lot's viewpoint any better; there is no screen print program at the moment working properly with Windows 10 and the lot is large, so any advice anyone?
The shots, taken in windowed mode with alt + screenprint, is the only way I can do it at the moment (they are nice enough, I still had to make them smaller for upload) - but the point of view is always a problem with a larger lot.

Windows 10 has a snipping tool that you can use.

Page 18 of 44