Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#501 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:17 AM
Welcome to Πολυτελές (which translates, according to google, to luxury pool, very creative I know )

Venue: The Wave Leisure Centre
There is CC
Sims 4

Sorry no story this time. Not feeling it
Advertisement
Test Subject
#502 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:38 AM
Um, a quick question: Does the Round 1 holiday venue have to be related with the main resort of the last round?

Tired of rabbitholes? Get full, open workplaces with the... Ultimate Careers Mod! Available now! Just follow the link! ---> Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Mod
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#503 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:52 AM
No, it must be related though. The last round was the venue from which you travelled to your round 1 resort. So Round 1 through to the end must be related

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#504 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:05 AM
Oh, OK. Thanks

Tired of rabbitholes? Get full, open workplaces with the... Ultimate Careers Mod! Available now! Just follow the link! ---> Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Mod
Test Subject
#505 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:33 AM
Oh, right: Is there a limit on how many screenshots we can upload?

Link Ninja
#506 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:08 AM Last edited by Charmful : 29th May 2016 at 5:14 AM. Reason: Zath is right; 12 other pics
@gamer1616 see the first post under heading for 'screenshots' for details

tldr; Required - One front shot of venue from street at sim eye-level, and how ever many floor plans per floor you made + 12 other screenshots of your choosing that best show off the lot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#507 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:13 AM
@charmful - first post says we're allowed 12 "other" screenshots beyond the front and floor plans.

A thought... when it comes to lot-building contests, are there "rules" about uploading the lots created for it? Are we supposed to? Are we not supposed to? Are we just supposed to decide for ourselves?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#508 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:25 AM
It's entirely up to you, Z. If you wanna upload your lots, you can.
Instructor
#509 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:01 AM Last edited by cutsocks : 29th May 2016 at 8:50 PM. Reason: Added returns between photos. And spelling.
Default The Grand Ouiatenon Hotel
Game: The Sims 3
Venue: Upmarket Hotel
No CC.

Test Subject
#510 Old 29th May 2016 at 9:38 AM
Geez... I can't open any of the tents that come with World Adventures or Island Paradise... I tried opening them in Live Mode and in Build/Buy Modes, but it's no use... I even assigned the lot to be a Base Camp, but no luck there. Does anyone here know how to open them?

Top Secret Researcher
#511 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:07 AM
gamer1616, I use the Simsample/Bluefunk mod here on MTS. If I put a tent from buydebug, it stays put up in live mode (and is fully usable).
Test Subject
#512 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:23 AM
Thanks! The things one has to deal with in the game

Instructor
#513 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:16 PM
Default Help, front picture !
Hello !

I've finished my lot but I don't know which front picture I must choose (I've too many pictures to keep them all !). The matter is that sometimes there's a right angle but you can't see much OR you see a little more but the angle isn't quite right ! And trust me, for this required picture, I've tried everything and every angles (ex : for the second one, if I try to go back further to see more, the road tunnel appear and hide the view) ...

First I would have chosen the third one but the angle is very wrong, and I fear to end up with penalities ... I must absolutely fill all the requirements : I can't afford to loose any points stupidily, because my building skills are not quite good ...

Can I have your help ? Which one would you choose ?
Screenshots

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#514 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:22 PM
None of those images are good front pictures. Take a look at my profile and the angles that I take mine at. That should help you

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#515 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:26 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 29th May 2016 at 7:48 PM.
Default Round 1 - Atlantis' Camping UnderWaterGround
Hello ! I'm tired, I won't improve anymore, sorry. I think I was a little bit too ambitious with the Atlantis theme and all the historic and luxurious details needed, but Fractured Moonlight's set was the reason I got the idea, so I decided to begin by this.

Game: The Sims 2
Venue: camping Ground
A lot of CC.

I bring to you the camping UnderWaterGround for the most aventurous rich people : you won't find here the luxury you expect for, but you'll certainly get an unique experience of life underwater. Like a mermaid. You might even meet one, who knows ?

I was too tired to picture the mermaids, but you have the pictures of the lot.
The front picture is taken without the glass tunnel that prevents the poor sims to be smatch away by the sea, but it's for the good of the picture, sorry.

Thanks to Fractured Moonlight and Ermelind from Sims2collage because I wouldn't be able to do it without their creations.

Top Secret Researcher
#516 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:39 PM
@ankoyume Now that you have taken all the other screenshots why don't you remove the dome and the street tunnel and take the front pictures without those objects?
Instructor
#517 Old 29th May 2016 at 4:49 PM
I'll do like Vincent T. said.

Top Secret Researcher
#518 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:38 PM
Well, maybe not the dome, that one seems to be part of the lot.
Instructor
#519 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Well, maybe not the dome, that one seems to be part of the lot.

Thanks for the help. I've done without the tunnel but with the dome. I think I'm just in the requirements now, or I hope so....

Thanks to you too, Karen Lorraine.

Top Secret Researcher
#520 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:53 PM
You're welcome! Your Atlantis lot looks great!
Instructor
#521 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Your Atlantis lot looks great!

Thank you ! *Blushing*
Yours is one of my favourite. I think you'll be in the leading group. And I'll support you from the background. :D

Mad Poster
#522 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:22 PM
Default Round 1 Entry - fulfilling "The Wave Leisure Centre"
Welcome to my tropical paradise - lamely named Vacation Hood (...for now anyway!)

Though you'd probably rather start your vacation off by checking in to your lodgings, our first stop is Tangerine Turf - a playground for ALL ages:

Come PLAY with us!

Sims 2 with all EPs/SPs, Store and Pre-order items
NO CC
Two floors = 15 pictures
Requirements - swimming pool, changing rooms (one for each gender), café, sports arena
No walls were added outside of the original shell. Inner walls were added, of course

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#523 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:27 PM
The orange is looking good, Cat Great lot!
Mad Poster
#524 Old 29th May 2016 at 9:09 PM
LOL! It sure is orange!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#525 Old 29th May 2016 at 9:13 PM Last edited by gamer1616 : 29th May 2016 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Correcting mistakes
ENTRY - Rooster's Peak Camping Grounds
At last! Here's my entry:

GAME: TS3
CC: Yes, the tents (had some problems opening the WA & IP ones)
HOLIDAY VENUE: Camp Ground

I present to you:

The Rooster's Peak Camping Grounds!

Page 21 of 44