Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#526 Old 29th May 2016 at 10:35 PM
Right, sorry this is a bit lacking in fanfare but it just got too late. So no John this week. Maybe I'll add him back later if anybody cares it's not as though my storytelling is being assessed for the contest!

Destination: Hedgehog Wood Park (Holiday park, somewhere in the woods in England)
Venue: "Owl's Hoot Clubhouse". This is sort of a hybrid but I'm going to go with cafe/restaurant. I wanted to do theatre, but I'm not sure my set up counts as being three chairs in a row, and I didn't want to change it because rows aren't natural for this kind of venue. In any case, this is a venue where sims might conceivably go expressly for a meal or a drink as opposed to just going to be entertained, so I think it fits the cafe/bar requirements enough.
CC: I did use CC this time.
Lot: I hope I did it right. I chose the lot size listed as "4x3" rather than "3x4" on the lot choose screen. The front edge of the lot is uppermost in the top-down photos.

Through the sunburst doors we go...

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#527 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 29th May 2016 at 11:44 PM.
I've been out for the evening and have returned to find some lovely entries, thank you

There are still two entries missing though, but there are 35 mins to deadline!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#528 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:27 PM
simsfreq, I really like how you did the bar counter in your lot! At first I'd just glanced past it, but then I realized that there weren't any walls involved! Very clever use of overlapping things... I may have to steal that sometime in the future!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#529 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:37 PM Last edited by LucyBorgia : 29th May 2016 at 11:47 PM.
Default Bed and Breakfast at Wald Villa TS3

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#530 Old 30th May 2016 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 30th May 2016 at 12:33 AM.
@CatherineTCJD I don't recognise the wall coverings in the foyer of the toilet area as game content.

24:08 Round 1 is over!

Any entries now will incur a .5 penalty.

Great entries everyone!

Next round will be up tomorrow.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#531 Old 30th May 2016 at 12:53 AM
TOMORROW!? You mean I have to wait a whole 12 hours or so more!? But I'm petulant and impatient!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#532 Old 30th May 2016 at 1:14 AM
Happy Birthday, Karen !!!

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#533 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:15 AM Last edited by celebkiriedhel : 30th May 2016 at 2:45 AM.
Default Simnar - Jewel of the Nation
Type: Convenience Store.
Required
Cash Register - yes multiple.
Dress Rack - yes.
Vege Bin - Note: Both Crisp and Kerosene's 1t2 Produce Stand, and Sandy's Market counters are Vege Bins.
Typical Item on sale for this area - antiques in indian style.

CC Used: yes. (CC that I have made for this lot will be released onto MTS. WCIF's are ok).
Late: Yes.

Welcome to Simnar Street Market.
Mostly catering to tourists, although you will find many locals here as well.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Link Ninja
#534 Old 30th May 2016 at 3:04 AM
celebkiriedhel, I think your market lot is so splendid!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#535 Old 30th May 2016 at 4:33 AM
Wow Kiri its amazing!!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#536 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:32 AM
Great lots, everyone
Lab Assistant
#537 Old 30th May 2016 at 8:20 AM
I'm amazed by the variety of shapes and styles of building coming out of the same starting point
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#538 Old 30th May 2016 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Happy Birthday, Karen !!!
Thank you

Mad Poster
#539 Old 30th May 2016 at 9:39 AM
Happy birthday, Karen! I suggest we all sing together here, fellow contestants!
Top Secret Researcher
#540 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:28 AM
Happy birthday, Karen Lorraine!

@Justpetro, my gift will be NOT to sing :-)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#541 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:51 AM
Thank you all

As it is my birthday I am off out for the day so I will not be posting the next round until later today and it may not even be until tomorrow evening as it depends what time I get back. You will still get two weeks to complete the round.

Lab Assistant
#542 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Thank you all

As it is my birthday I am off out for the day so I will not be posting the next round until later today and it may not even be until tomorrow evening as it depends what time I get back. You will still get two weeks to complete the round.

Enjoy your day! (Good timing, having your birthday on a Bank Holiday .)
Field Researcher
#543 Old 30th May 2016 at 10:57 AM
Wow, amazing lots! I especially love ankoyume's very creative underwater campground (I wish I could go camping in a forest of giant algae, stone pines seem boring in comparison ^^) and celebkiriedhel's market, so colorful and detailed, it's gorgeous =D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#544 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:00 AM
Great entries.

Happy Birthday Karen!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#545 Old 30th May 2016 at 6:57 PM
RE: wallpaper in restroom foyer:
Dagnabbit! I found it. Apparently, it's from Lifestyles: wall-papereyestripesleft and wall-papereyestripesright
I took my 'hiders' out - and now I have lots of "new" (EA) wallpapers that I'd forgotten about. I thought these were part of those - and came with UNI's college-psychedelic-hideous papers.
Pooh. No bonus then for me. *sigh*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#546 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
I especially love ankoyume's very creative underwater campground (I wish I could go camping in a forest of giant algae, stone pines seem boring in comparison ^^) ...

Thanks ! I didn't think it would be liked so much.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#547 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:55 PM
Thank you Zara! And Happy birthday, Karen

Now I've had a chance to look through the entries for round one - I am IN LOVE with the luxury hotel! It almost makes me want to play Sims 3

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Link Ninja
#548 Old 31st May 2016 at 4:27 AM Last edited by Charmful : 31st May 2016 at 4:38 AM.
I just realized I am confused about something for round 1. In the first post it is said that

Quote:
You may add interior walls only to shells unless otherwise stated in the round instructions.

but in the round 1 post Karen stated

Quote:
You may add to the structure given

I took that to mean it that I could add outer walls' but then I noticed half of the entires kept the structures the same shape as the initial shell. So was Round 1 a shell where we were supposed to not add outer walls or one that we could and not incur a score penalty?

Scholar
#549 Old 31st May 2016 at 4:38 AM
You're fine Charmful, there's no penalty for adding to the structure's exterior because she stated that you may add to the structure.

This is a case of "otherwise stated" being in force. There would not have been a need to mention "you can add to the structure" if she didn't imply that you can add to the exterior of it.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Link Ninja
#550 Old 31st May 2016 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
You're fine Charmful, there's no penalty for adding to the structure's exterior because she stated that you may add to the structure.

This is a case of "otherwise stated" being in force. There would not have been a need to mention "you can add to the structure" if she didn't imply that you can add to the exterior of it.

I mean that's what I originally figured but second-guessed it after looking through all the entries and saw many did keep the shell's original structure so maybe thought I didn't read it correctly. Thanks for clarification!

Page 22 of 44