Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#676 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:06 AM
I think Im missing a no cc bonus.......

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#677 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:18 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Jun 2016 at 8:32 AM.
Venue: Leisure Centre
Game:Sims 2
No CC

Tree Top Adventures

Looking for adventure? A thrill? Here at Tree Top Adventures we have axes, a ladderless pool and 10 foot high structures with no fences! Get up and close and personal with a tree! (translates to slap you in the face)

Phew! I don't want to do that amount of CFE'ing for a long time. For anyone who doesn't know tree top adventures are basically walkways and obstacle course done high up in the trees.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#678 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 7:18 AM
Wow, Jo, I think all that trouble was worth it! Your lot is just perfect!
Mad Poster
#679 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 6th Jun 2016 at 7:55 AM.
First - thank you to the judges. Judges: If you want to see how it looks, google soutpansberg, south africa - images. (Wood and log cabins are also found in abundance).
Thank you for the advice

Then, Jo - Wow, wow, wow - it is amazing !!!

Karen Lorraine - My entry for this round is leisure centre, not cafe (the first one already did the cafe/restaurant)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#680 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 8:30 AM
Really? Thanks guys. I was liking the plants but I wasn't sure if all my tree top stuff was just strange or not. They have it over here in the Blue Moutains, my husband likes to go on the dare devil ones that require a harness over long drops. It would make me dizzy.

Justpetro did you guess that was what I was doing?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#681 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:03 AM
Very nice lot Jo! When you started the thread about the rope latter I was expecting something like this =D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#682 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:04 AM
If you could all just say what venue you are doing it would help me and the judges immensely. Sometimes it's difficult to work out which venue you are doing as there are a lot of crossovers between them By all means do give your venue a nice name too.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#683 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:19 AM
I second Karen on this one.

Also Karen, I'm just wondering if you could change the 'Guesthouse' entries to 'Bed and Breakfast' or 'B&B' on the table, just cause it was tough for myself to figure it out at first. And such that it is easier to find the venue requirements. I seriously just took a screenshot your list and have the picture open beside me while I am writing my judge comments for reference.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#684 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Really? Thanks guys. I was liking the plants but I wasn't sure if all my tree top stuff was just strange or not. They have it over here in the Blue Moutains, my husband likes to go on the dare devil ones that require a harness over long drops. It would make me dizzy.

Justpetro did you guess that was what I was doing?

I thought you were going to use the axes and some bungee jumping
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#685 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:09 AM
Bungee jumping, that would be cool too, but I wouldn't know how to represent it, a much higher platform I guess.
Do they have tree top adventures in the US and or SA? Sorry, probably a really silly question, but my own country kept popping up on Google images when I went hunting for inspiration.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#686 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:16 AM
We do, ours is called Adrenalin Forest http://www.adrenalin-forest.co.nz/
And we have an indoor one called clip n climb http://www.clipnclimb.com/

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#687 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:29 AM
I like that spider web rope! Cool. The Clip n Climb says it's here in Oz as well.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#688 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 11:10 AM
Jo I get what you mean, but from what I know up here in Canada, we call them Ropes Courses which sometimes include zip-lining. I've done this sort of thing once up in the Gatineau Mountains, just north of Ottawa. Honestly certain that there are likely a ton in this country, since the only thing we have here are trees and forests (or what you Aussies call bushes???).

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#689 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Bungee jumping, that would be cool too, but I wouldn't know how to represent it, a much higher platform I guess.
Do they have tree top adventures in the US and or SA? Sorry, probably a really silly question, but my own country kept popping up on Google images when I went hunting for inspiration.

Yes, South Africa does - resorts AND tours - and courses Even in my mountains! It often goes hand in hand with river canopying here. And it is named tree top as well.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#690 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
I second Karen on this one.

Also Karen, I'm just wondering if you could change the 'Guesthouse' entries to 'Bed and Breakfast' or 'B&B' on the table, just cause it was tough for myself to figure it out at first. And such that it is easier to find the venue requirements. I seriously just took a screenshot your list and have the picture open beside me while I am writing my judge comments for reference.
Yes, I can do that Seth

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#691 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Jo I get what you mean, but from what I know up here in Canada, we call them Ropes Courses which sometimes include zip-lining. I've done this sort of thing once up in the Gatineau Mountains, just north of Ottawa. Honestly certain that there are likely a ton in this country, since the only thing we have here are trees and forests (or what you Aussies call bushes???).

bushes, sorry I had to chuckle. Areas just left wild, not felled are called 'the bush', so you were close. I thought tree tops would be other places but wanted to be sure just in case the judges would be going "what on earth is that?!" I didn't find other places on Google because I was using the wrong words.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#692 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
I think Im missing a no cc bonus.......
Sorry, I've added it in now

Lab Assistant
#693 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 8:50 PM
Wow, thanks, judges. I wasn't expecting such a high score. Now, if only I can get the current one finished...
Field Researcher
#694 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:30 PM
Thanks to the judges for their encouraging comments =)
Thought I was almost done with my lot, and realized I deleted one of the structure walls This is the moment when I wish I could just push the walls like they do in TS4, instead of having to destroy and rebuild everything -_- And there's this space left that I can find no use for, too small to build something new, too large to be left empty... I'm really having inspiration issues with this round
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#695 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:58 PM
Put something decorative in it, plants solve everything.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#696 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 3:45 PM
We have those walkways in Europe too, but I don't think they have a generic name.

Thank you to the judges for feedback! For reference (not that it matters) my clubhouse is based on the kind of thing you find at caravan parks/holiday parks in the UK and they are normally that large in size for the dining/entertainment area, and almost always contain a small arcade. Here's a real life example: http://www.uk-holiday-parks.co.uk/w...heerness-13.jpg I based it on one I've visited in real life but I don't have a picture of that particular venue. Also, I guess I need to bear in mind that the lot doesn't need to be playable. I am so paranoid about routing errors with chairs :P

Exteriors, however, are not my strong point!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#697 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
I'm happy I made a good score ! Thanks to the juges.
What does squash mean ? because I didn't photoshop any of the pictures, only cut what was out of game (my desktop )
Oh and in the CC set, the toilets are in the high vegetations. Sorry that I forgot to mention it.

If you select the setting "use square pixels" in your graphics options, it will solve the "squashed" picture look. It shouldn't affect how your game looks in play, but if it does, you could always turn it on to take pictures and turn off again when you're finished.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#698 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:08 PM
Finally got it! (Horay!) But one question: Can I turn the room into a pool on the second level? the walls would still be there...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#699 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 10:07 PM
You can do whatever you want to it Letcupcake so long as those walls are still standing.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#700 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 10:21 PM
Great! All done, now I just need to finish taking pictures

Page 28 of 44