Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#726 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 9:28 PM
Default Round 2 Entry
When I first saw the lot for this round I knew I wanted to do a campground. Then, last week, my grandmother passed away (she was 97.) My grandmother 'lived' every single day of her life to the fullest! She is from pioneer stock - her parents were founders in the Olympia/Tumwater area (Washington State.) And in her later years, age 70-85, she lived in Alaska, as a commercial fisher[wo]man! One of my grandma's favorite things to do was camp.
I dedicate this lot to her :lovestruc

There was, in fact, a RL Kon Tiki Campground. It was South of St Augustine (Florida,) situated between the ocean and A1A ...it's gone now - all beach front property nowadays is taken up with condos *sigh*
When I was a kid we stayed there several times a year throughout the 70's - usually in our Apache Pop-Top camper. But, I also remember staying there in our VW bus/camper before we moved to Florida - I loved sleeping on the 'roof' of our VW pop-up and watching the sunrise over the ocean. Beautiful!

Built in TS2 - with all EPs/SPs and Store Stuffeths
No CC

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#727 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:40 PM
How lovely, Cat Here, it is very much the same, the old camping grounds making place for fancier and more modern things (glamping - can you believe it!) - and this is really a wonderful dedication, your grandmother would have loved it.
Mad Poster
#728 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:46 PM
Default Hidden Creek Refectory
Whew! Finished! Not as grand as I'd have liked, but real National Parks were taking up all my time, so my fictional National Park ended up on the back burner for most of this round!

Name: Hidden Creek Refectory
Game: TS2
Venue: Beach/Lake
No CC was used on this lot

Historic buildings often have many chapters in their decades or even centuries-long stories. A building may have started as a miner’s cabin, become a rustic hotel, been turned into staff housing, and then eventually a museum in the modern day, and each chapter becomes just as important when telling the entire story of the area. Temple Mountains National Park has several places with stories such as this, and the Hidden Creek Refectory, located off the main park Loop Drive in the southern Temple Mountains, is one of them.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#729 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:53 PM
Cute Cat! I love your camper.

Not grand Zar, sure, sure. As with all of your lots I am like wow. :lovestruc
What happened to your cute walkway? I know I saw it on another thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#730 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:08 PM
With Jo, Zar - WOW I love it. The driftwood bordering off the pond - great idea, and it looks really great to.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#731 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:12 PM
You have a dam, Z! It always amazes me what you come up with no CC
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#732 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:34 PM
Gorgeous entries Cat and Z! Well done on getting them in on time.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#733 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 16th Jun 2016 at 10:47 PM.
Round 3

Choose a venue that you haven't built and ensure that the build and decor fits in with the theme that you chose.

TS2 and TS3 have a 4x4 (40x40) lot to build on. TS4 doesn't have that sized lot so it is a 4x5 with 10 tiles fenced off behind a fence. You may change the fence but not build or decorate the outer edge of it.

Requirements for this round:
  • incorporate wood siding to at least 10 panels of the exterior walls
    you may add walls and foundation but you may not delete any
    all existing walls and foundation must remain in place
    the building must have 2 terraces
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TS2 Round 3 4x4.rar (205.8 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  TS3 Round 3 4x4.rar (614.6 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  TS4 lot 4x5.rar (118.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#734 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 12:10 AM
I'm late. Finished about 5 mins after the deadline. I am too tired to take + crop pictures tonight, so I'll upload in the morning. Or likely the afternoon. Oops. Sorry

(I blame my husband who got me all distracted by planning a real life holiday during the time I had allocated to build the pixel holiday park )

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#735 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 12:17 AM
And Round 2 has now closed. All entries placed after this post will incur a 1 point penalty per every 24 hours that they are late.

Mad Poster
#736 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not grand Zar, sure, sure. As with all of your lots I am like wow. :lovestruc
What happened to your cute walkway? I know I saw it on another thread.

Hey, it's not grand! I had less time, so I opted for doing "good" instead of "grand!"

And the walkway around the giant trees was behind my Visitor Center last round! This round my "experiment" was the beaver dam...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#737 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 7:24 AM
Mr Oshima, good luck with your interviews! I keep my finger's crossed and hope you'll get the job you want most :-) Let us know how it went!

Catherine, sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds as if your grandmother had a very interesting (and long life). She'd surely love your camping ground - such a great lot!

Zarathustra, wow, that is just amazing! Such a beautiful lake, I'd love to be there now and watch beavers!
Field Researcher
#738 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 8:03 AM
I'm going to have to completely drop out. I've spent the last 3 days mostly in bed. Winter here is a killer.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Lab Assistant
#739 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 8:10 AM
Is the building right over in the back left-hand corner again? (I'm away from home at the moment and my tablet screen is a bit small for seeing the details. I can see the squares on the walls and foundation but not on the ground. Of course, I won't be able to start building until l'm back home again but I can think about it and do some sketching.)
Mad Poster
#740 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
I'm going to have to completely drop out. I've spent the last 3 days mostly in bed. Winter here is a killer.

I think we need a "Makes me sad" button. Get well soon over there (down under?)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#741 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:21 AM
Cat, sorry I wasn't reading properly, so sorry for the loss of your grandma. (hugs)

Zar, that is so grand. Phew says Zar, just something I tossed together. Ha! We all wish we had your mad building skills! Love the beaver dam idea.

Keri so sad to see you drop out. It's the stupid weather, one day it's freezing and the next quite warm, the bugs love it. Feel better soon.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#742 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel

Awww Kiri So sorryu to hear that, hope you gfet better soon!! xx

I too have dropped out, sorry Karen as already said in the pm Im so sorry to do this do you, but I just havnt been able to find the time to do anything with this round, and that includes downloading it!!!

I want to say all you guys are doing amazing jobs and Im glad that Im not a judge!
Keep up the great work and will keep checking back on your progress!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#743 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
Awww Kiri So sorryu to hear that, hope you gfet better soon!! xx

I too have dropped out, sorry Karen as already said in the pm Im so sorry to do this do you, but I just havnt been able to find the time to do anything with this round, and that includes downloading it!!!

I want to say all you guys are doing amazing jobs and Im glad that Im not a judge!
Keep up the great work and will keep checking back on your progress!

Pressing the sad button. Tiffany....? .a serious loss. Please don't go away completely.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#744 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:55 AM
I'm so sorry that you're withdrawing Kiri I hope you feel much better soon.

I've already expressed my regret over losing Tiff (ekrubynaffit) and over porkypine who has had to withdraw as well

Great entries everyone, let's hope the final entrants can get their entries up very soon. We're waiting for:
ankoyume, gamer1616, Monsieur_Oshima, simsfreq, cutsocks and justJones

Mad Poster
#745 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 10:12 AM
Just downloaded and peeked at the structure - lovely, Karen Lorraine, really - yet I have NO idea what to build with it
Top Secret Researcher
#746 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 15th Jun 2016 at 2:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I think we need a "Makes me sad" button.

Definitely :-(

Get better soon, celebkiriedhel!

[edit] Karen, the link in the first post to Zarathustra's entry links to Catherine's entry. Just to let you know.
Lab Assistant
#747 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM
I have 2 questions karen: 1st whats a terrace? :P
2nd if I dont do anything with the fence, just pretend it isn't there, will I loose points?
Link Ninja
#748 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:06 PM
It makes me sad that people have had to drop out, not as many pretty entries to look at But real life always come first! I hope I don't have to drop out - getting married in August so I am juggling a few things but hopefully will always find time to continue with this until the end.

On the notes about the terrace - can we add to the size of the terrace like we can add to the walls or do the two terraces have to stay the exact same size and dimension from the shell template?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#749 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 6:32 PM
Default Round 2 - Restaurant at the harbour
built in TS2, with CC

This old harbour is located in a small coastal village. The former harbourmaster's offices were converted into a specialty restaurant, as the traditional fishing activities declined and the village became better known to tourists for its scenic limestone houses and paved alleys.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#750 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
[edit] Karen, the link in the first post to Zarathustra's entry links to Catherine's entry. Just to let you know.
Thank you, it's fixed now

Page 30 of 44