Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#951 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Closed to NEW new entries... i.e., people who haven't been in the rounds up to this point. For those of us who have been participating, we have until Karen's deadline for this round.

Oh ok thanks Zarathustra
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#952 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:55 PM
Hey guys, just writing quickly to let you know that I'm still alive and getting on forth with judging your entries. I just want to congratulate you all on making it to this point, it is definitely a huge time-consumption for me to judge each and every one of your entries. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but they're all beautiful and I enjoy all the effort that you guys have been putting in!

Also, I FINALLY may be getting a new computer (MacBook Pro) today, so I may actually get to play sims (sims 2) for the first time in a year!!!!! Well I don't know, I gotta read up on how to transfer data and whatnot since they rereleased it for apple products like the UC, but only the EPs they ever made for mac..

Call me Seth!
Link Ninja
#953 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Hey guys, just writing quickly to let you know that I'm still alive and getting on forth with judging your entries. I just want to congratulate you all on making it to this point, it is definitely a huge time-consumption for me to judge each and every one of your entries. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but they're all beautiful and I enjoy all the effort that you guys have been putting in!

Also, I FINALLY may be getting a new computer (MacBook Pro) today, so I may actually get to play sims (sims 2) for the first time in a year!!!!! Well I don't know, I gotta read up on how to transfer data and whatnot since they rereleased it for apple products like the UC, but only the EPs they ever made for mac..

Good to know you're heart is still beating, thanks for your time in judging everything, same to d_dgjdhh and PharaohHound - constructive comments, notes of praise, general feedback etc are very much appreciated!

New computers are always good! And wow, a year without playing!? I remember the struggles of the mac simmer. Being taunted by Apartment Life and Free Time which I couldn't have. Everyone talking about SimPE which was not an option for the mac, etc. I am also not sure how the UC would work for Mac in that case, if they left those EPs out on it or not.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#954 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 9:51 PM
Seth - there is something for mac - instead of the Ultimate Collection, I think it is called the Complete Collection. I think it has all the ep's that has been made for mac.
Field Researcher
#955 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:54 PM
@ Petro and Charmful
Yeah I know what you guys mean, and it's called the Super Collection, which is basically all of the mac EPs and in one application. And my thoughts exactly, the life of a mac TS2 simmer is tough since I have always been taunted by AL and FT, I just down own a windows computer so it's always been tough.

Call me Seth!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#956 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:26 AM
You could get a partition.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#957 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:58 AM
I have just had either the monitor or the screencard seen saying bye'bye to me. Will try to solve/find a way to submit my entry, which is at least ready (I think). So I am on my phone, which is a bit of a challenge itself. Talk to all of you as soon as I can - hectic now with work.
Top Secret Researcher
#958 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:47 PM
Justpetro, good luck with the upload! Hope you get your hardware fixed quickly.

trambling101 - one year without the sims? Oh dear... how did you survive ;-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#959 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Justpetro, hope you get your hardware issue solved quickly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#960 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:02 AM
Thank you, Jo and Vincent T Good news : it was just a cable (I am really happy about that) - replaced it last night.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#961 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:16 AM
Phew, bet you were glad of that. Last time my computer suddenly went kaput it was my power source.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#962 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 9:15 AM
I am! (Had the power source once as well ) - I am working this weekend, but I saved the game in Origin - should then be possible to take screenshots on my daughter's pc if this happens again (which, I trust, will not )
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#963 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:55 PM
And I am back from my holiday, although I won't be fully up and running till Monday as I have a long day out in London tomorrow singing with The Really Big Chorus at the Royal Albert Hall (Carmina Burana). It's gonna be such fun! Now to sing through it all

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#964 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:24 PM
I have updated the table with entries, please can you all check that I haven't missed any

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#965 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:14 PM
How many days do we have left? I'm still sick, worse if anything I'm hacking up a lunge and my game is randomly crashing. It's crashed on the build site twice now.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#966 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:21 PM
You have until Friday, 15 July, Jo. I hope you feel better soon!

Mad Poster
#967 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:42 AM
Enjoy the chorus, Karen Lorraine!
Get well soon, Jo - and I hold thumbs for the crashing thing too, hope you sort it out and it is nothing serious.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#968 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:10 AM
I removed all the rar files I had lurking and used the bulk namer thing just to reduce file names and pulled a few items so it was below 10 gigs. I don't think it's anything in particular, just my computer getting old and wheezy which is why I really need this upgrade. But it was so annoying it crashed on loading the lot last night so that was that. I never feel like loading back up after that. I might turn shadows off, that helped my old game which started crashing the same way.
I hope so too.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#969 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:00 PM
Hi !
Some news from me. I have to give up the contest because I've no computer for now.
I can borrow one but it's Windows10. And I don't even know if they'll let me install the game.
It's a pity for me but it's more luck to win for you
Good luck to you all !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#970 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 5:26 PM
I feel like pressing the disagree button, @ankoyume. Every time somebody has to give up, I feel like mourning. Hope we see you soon at another contest (and I use Windows 10 )

Jo - I just know how that feels! (Finally got my band on the road at 3 am this morning - working on musicians can really be exhausting. A cop stopped them on the way to the next city - and bought a cd from them )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#971 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 10:38 PM
I love that a cop bought a CD. Talking of cops I rang hubby the other night to see how moving the shop was going and I noticed the phone sounded hollow and said "Are you cleaning up the old shop?" and he says "No I'm in the lock up" lol he was doing a lock job down at our local cop shop. He gets a kick out of saying silly stuff like that. It's not like we have a huge crime rate here or anything, but they are really hard on those locks. Schools too- good for business lol.

I managed to do this CFE bit last night and save. Phew. Makes me twitchy when a lot that is only in build mode crashes my game twice.

Anyone know where there are some low lattice type fences? I need it to be 4 clicks high.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#972 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Hi !
Some news from me. I have to give up the contest because I've no computer for now.
Sorry to hear that, ankoyume

I've had a great day in London singing the Carmina Burana, now back to normality

Mad Poster
#973 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:47 PM
We do have a huge crime rate. A HUGE crime rate. It is actually quite peaceful where I stay, Limpopo has always been known as the province of peace, compared to other parts of my country; and crime is mostly due to illegal immigrants; because of Zimbabwe, the border being very close to our town. And political rallies where things have to be burnt down and vandalised is next on the list (but the local people, all groups, don't really do that and protest marches from around here never make the news because it is rather peaceful).

CFE a bit, just a bit, and then I thought I would try a new experiment, but it was a complete disaster
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#974 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 5:27 PM
Round 3 Score sheet

justJones

Letcupcake

Justpetro

Vincent T.

Charmful

joandsarah77

CatherineTCJD

Zarathustra

clw8

Monsieur_Oshima

hazelnutter100

Lab Assistant
#975 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 6:27 PM
My highest score so far! Congratulations everyone!

Page 39 of 44