Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:32 PM
Default Simtember recolor of Dreamteamsims vinyls not showing up in game?
I noticed that someone has asked this question already to the creator on their tumblr, but they have not put up any new links or said what could be causing the problem.

I have downloaded the whole Dreamteamsims package to make sure the right meshes are all there. But there is only a blank purple square showing up when I select the recolor.

I just wonder if anyone else is having the same issue?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:32 PM
https://simtember.tumblr.com/post/6...k-for-the-urban Here's the original link. It seems the creator is on hiatus, but if anyone has downloaded the items and they work, can they send me the links?
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 11:52 PM
I was curious about exactly what was happening and decided to check it out, so I downloaded all the files, and sure enough, all of the Dreamteamsims files show up just fine, but the Simtember ones just weren't there at all. Just straight up not in the catalog. I was about to start looking at the guts of the package files, when it occurred to me that the files had sort of funny names (with an apostrophe and a trailing space before the file extension), so I renamed them to Simtember_Urban_Vinyls.package and Simtember_Urban_Vinyls_Stacked.package and all of a sudden they showed up just fine.

You described your problem in a way that is very different than what happened in my game, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same cause. I'd suggest renaming the files to see it if helps; delete your localthumbcache.package and see if they show up in your game. If not, perhaps try a more detailed explanation of what's happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 11:34 PM
Thanks very much for your advice! I changed the names and the items show up fine in game now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 11:20 PM
I'm having an issue with this item as well. I've installed the mesh stated in the link (2 separate items) & the recolor doesn't show up in game. I've tried changing the name but it doesn't work

https://www.xxblacksims.com/post/lo...hat-i-recolored