Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 7:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Memories corruption
Hello, Sorry if this has been asked before, but after taking CC out of the game and memory can be still corrupt when it generate new one like repomen, got a fired from job and golden anniversary, but there is way fix this?

Here is screenshot:

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 12:30 AM
I am not sure what you are asking. If new memories are not showing up I am guessing its because of corruption. You can add memories in game with the memory manipulator. https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...ory-manipulator
CC does not normally cause corruption, in-game actions like moving sims between hoods, deleting sim etc do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I am not sure what you are asking. If new memories are not showing up I am guessing its because of corruption. You can add memories in game with the memory manipulator. https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...ory-manipulator
CC does not normally cause corruption, in-game actions like moving sims between hoods, deleting sim etc do.

I have memory manipulator already in my game but i'm asking about my sims's memories, got fired from job and repoman and then HoodChecker says it is corrupted

Anyway, i have tested old version of HoodChecker from MTS and it has found no corruption of memories and new version can defect it, So this make me confused.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 12:59 AM
I believe most memory corruption is just ordinary data decay (which can happen in anything). Using the Remove function on Hoodchecker or Wipe Corrupt Memory on the batbox should be adequate to get rid of it, and as for preventing it - use good game hygiene and don't fret too much.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I believe most memory corruption is just ordinary data decay (which can happen in anything). Using the Remove function on Hoodchecker or Wipe Corrupt Memory on the batbox should be adequate to get rid of it, and as for preventing it - use good game hygiene and don't fret too much.

I tried to use HoodChecker and batbox but none of them work yet but old version of HoodChecker has found no corruption of memories and new version can found it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alex5
Hello, Sorry if this has been asked before, but after taking CC out of the game and memory can be still corrupt when it generate new one like repomen, got a fired from job and golden anniversary, but there is way fix this?

Here is screenshot:

How did you got that hoodchecker version?
As far as I know, the last oficial hoodchecker version is 1.0.3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Biara25
How did you got that hoodchecker version?
As far as I know, the last oficial hoodchecker version is 1.0.3

It's from latest version of SimPE
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:58 PM
The Repoman! memory is actually a fault in Hoodchecker not your game. The game places an item that was repossessed as the subject but Hoodchecker expects it to be a sim, that is the case in all versions of Hoodchecker.

I uploaded an update, A&N-HoodChecker.zip (232.6 kB)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The Repoman! memory is actually a fault in Hoodchecker not your game. The game places an item that was repossessed as the subject but Hoodchecker expects it to be a sim, that is the case in all versions of Hoodchecker.

Wow I had no ideia about that hoodchecker! Thank you Chris for sharing it on this thread.

What exactly are the main differences between yours and the older version from Mootilda? Is yours more sensitive on detecting corruption or is it the way it says on the report?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 2:35 PM

Wow, Thank you so much :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 7:15 PM

Thank you for this Chris! I'm assuming it's good to work without A&N? I tried it on my UC hood after backing it up and I got a couple of Unexpected Sim Subject errors under Memories - for Got fired and Got a Big Bonus, looks like any sim who had those memories has this unexpected sim subject error. The program is not able to fix them. Is it something I should fix in SimPe? Also, I use Inteen and I have Subject does not exist errors for every sim with the Had Miscarriage memory - I'm wondering is that just a case of the program doesn't know what Inteen's miscarriage memory subject should be and assumes it's wrong?
Scholar
#12 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 1:48 PM
Yes it is fine without A&N, its just that the original version wasn't fine with A&N. I have never looked into Got fired and Got a Big Bonus (I will now though) but there is a lot of Got a Job and Got a Promotion in Maxis 'hoods that use the sim as a subject where the game uses the career as the subject. Hoodchecker expects the subject to be an object, it doesn't interrogate objects so it can't add the correct object to fix these kind of faults, it just knows it shouldn't be a sim. I assume Maxis used some sort of tool to create those memories instead of making them happen by playing.

Hoodchecker expects Had Miscarriage memory to be about self so the owner should be the subject, I don't know what Inteen does when it adds the memory.

Mostly incorrect subjects in memories aren't a big problem, if a Got a Job memory shows the sim instead of the career it really doesn't matter. If the memory appears OK in the game then it's not something to be concerned about.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 4:04 PM
Yes it is fine without A&N, its just that the original version wasn't fine with A&N. I have never looked into Got fired and Got a Big Bonus (I will now though) but there is a lot of Got a Job and Got a Promotion in Maxis 'hoods that use the sim as a subject where the game uses the career as the subject. Hoodchecker expects the subject to be an object, it doesn't interrogate objects so it can't add the correct object to fix these kind of faults, it just knows it shouldn't be a sim. I assume Maxis used some sort of tool to create those memories instead of making them happen by playing.

Hoodchecker expects Had Miscarriage memory to be about self so the owner should be the subject, I don't know what Inteen does when it adds the memory.

Mostly incorrect subjects in memories aren't a big problem, if a Got a Job memory shows the sim instead of the career it really doesn't matter. If the memory appears OK in the game then it's not something to be concerned about.

So can we consider this to be healthy memories even if they point to a subject that should be an object?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 4:36 PM

Sorry to ask for clarification but is this HoodChecker version fine if I run it on Parallels for Super Collection as well?

Call me Seth!
Scholar
#15 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Biara25
So can we consider this to be healthy memories even if they point to a subject that should be an object?

If they appear OK in game then there is no reason to touch them except it is nice when Hoodchecker shows no problems at all.
The subject of fire memory should be fire, Mortimer's Got a Big Bonus and Retired memories should have whatever career Mortimer retired from as the subject, the Caliente sisters Repoman! memory should be the item that was repossessed, perhaps simplest to remove those two.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:09 PM
Default Help
Hello. I'm from Russia. Sorry for my English. Help me please. How to fix these errors in SimPE? I can not understand
User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0247 SimID = 0x00759005
Sim has no Character file: 0x0248 SimID = 0x0051E011
Subject does not exist: 0x01BE Zaitrarrio Trottier: Met SimID = 0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01BF Ray Byall: Met SimID = 0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x01C0 Brian Todd: Met SimID = 0x13AD37CA
Owner does not exist: 0x02BF Jessica Ebadi: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x02C0 Danielle Greaves Died (General Memory)
Owner does not exist: 0x02D1 Carla Tsvirkunov: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x02B4 Knut Futa Died (General Memory)
Owner does not exist: 0x02D5 Parker Wheeler: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x02C0 Danielle Greaves Died (General Memory)

Where can I fix them?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  чтоо.txt (1.4 KB, 2 downloads)