Replies: 39 (Who?), Viewed: 49821 times.
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:10 PM
Hello,i read the tutorial and i can´t put the new GUIDs in the object data, because i don´t know how to do it. How can i replace the original mesh?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:53 AM
Hi lukz,

This tutorial is written with the assumption that you've made regular new-mesh objects before. You'd be better off trying one of the start-to-finish tutorials first, like this one:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795
Since they will explain how to change an object's GUID, and how to switch meshes in and out. Once you've done that tutorial, you should be okay to come back to this tutorial and make a custom instrument.
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 4:59 AM
thanks echo! i will read that. But, do i need to replace the GUIDs? i mean, I don't care if the old mesh disapear, i don't mind.
And, I finished the mesh, because i know how to, and i like it very much. Now, how can I recolour the mesh with Simpe? because i see the parts of the bass in only one picture. How can i change this? Do you have any tutorial for this? thanks
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:02 AM Last edited by lukz_gz : 5th Sep 2008 at 1:33 AM. Reason: Hofner bass finished!
edit: I finakky made the bass, and i'll put on MTS2 with the others beatles' guitars when these were finished.

Sorry for my english, i'm argentinian, and i'm 15.

a picture of the bass:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:28 AM
sorry to bother, but, i've serached for the tutorials section and couldn't find it. how can you change the sounds the instrument plays ? my pipa sounding like a guitar is infuriating !!!
thanks in advance
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 12:45 PM
I can't download ""Rock Hammer" guitar (Seasons) usable with Atavera's Custom Instruments Hack". Who can post it again?
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
I am curious--would these steps apply to making other instruments? (ie. I am wanting to make a cello~! ) Would his hack work for this too? Also, I saw the question asked a while back about changing instrument sounds and realize that may become an issue too for me-i would of course use my own solo works (gulp lol) but if it's not easy to know where to put it at..then...Well any info would be great!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#33 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:13 PM
Creating a new type of instrument would require sugh a great effort that I myself wouldn't dare trying it
You should not only create brand new sounds matching the existing ones (so to play "in band"), but you should also create new animations, menus, BHAVs... Definitely too much -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:42 PM
lol thanks for letting me know..*sigh* the truth can suck sometimes-but well I definitely don't have the knowledge to do all that!! I may be thinking too delusional..but Perhaps this can become a very very long term project...and I will learn all I can in the mean time Anyways, Thanks again
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 9:28 AM
Default Help me Please What's wrong with my guitar
Please help me.My mother language is not English but I try my best to describe the question.
Just like the picture,my guitar is lying on the ground. I don't know what's wrong with I did.I just replace the one of GMDC named guitar. But in the game the soundbox is disappear.(I didn't do any change on other GMDC.)Please help me.
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#36 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 11:20 AM
Which guitar have you cloned, in order to create your guitar?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 12:59 PM Last edited by liwen0209 : 8th Feb 2009 at 1:17 PM.
Thanks a lot. I learned a lot from this post.
I've already sloved the problem.
I just fotgot copy the "Atavera-CustomInstrumentHack" into "Downloads".
Now it is perfect.
Screenshots

新しい世界を作りたい。
I want to build a new would.
My HomePage:
http://hi.baidu.com/liwen0209
The ModFather
retired moderator
#38 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 2:05 PM
Glad to hear that the simples things are the ones that we are more likely to miss

Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 8:33 PM
isnt there suposed to be 3 sfx packages?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numenor
In theory, it should be doable, though very difficult. The sound files are not in the instruments, they are in the game system folders, I think they are the "Sfx1.package" and "Sfx2.package" located in (Programs)\EA Games\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Sound.

The first difficulty as to actually find out which ones of the several audio files included are the ones related to the musical instruments. In fact, the game calls the audio files by name (the names are visible in the ANIM files used to perform the animations), then converts the names into a "instance number" (8+8 hexadecimal number) and looks for those instances in the SFX package.

The second difficulty that I can think of, is that there are a lot of files to edit: each instrument has 10 skill levels, and 10 related audio effects; and each one of these effects is carefully coordinated with the other instruments' ones (so that you can have, for example, a skilled sim playing the piano in unison with a beginner guitar player).

The format is not a problem: MP3's should work fine.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 11:39 PM
i tried and the game fatal y crashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairy-fairy
This is quite ambitious but is it possible to change the audio parts that each instrument plays (guitar, bass, drums, piano), either to modify one of the genre functions (rock, jazz, country) or create a new one so that you can ultimatley (providing you have a seperate file for each part of the song) get your Sims to play one of your favourite choons as a band?

I'm aware Avatera recorded some audio for his acoustic guitar (I think this is what he did anyway) which gave me the idea. What files should I be looking for in the instrument packages? What format must my own audio files be in if I were to use them as replacements?
Page 2 of 2