Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#1351 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 2:24 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 11th Sep 2006 at 2:43 PM.
tigmomx4, I'm not completely sure what you mean by advanced mode. You should be able to post attachments after you click the Post Reply button and then the "manage attachments" button .

Edited to add: OK, I understand now that you meant the "Go Advanced" option under the quick reply screen. I don't think there is an advanced mode option in our profiles, though, at least I couldn't find it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1352 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 3:54 PM
Okay, thanks for the info on how to attach a file. Here goes. The picture is of the coffee table I made and then what it transformed into when someone else put it in the game. Only one person has put it in their game so I don't know if this happens to everyone or just to her.

Thanks,
Jo H.
Screenshots
Part-time Hermit
#1353 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:48 PM
Jomammatee, please, post the actual package file also .
Greatest Dad Ever
#1354 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 10:31 PM
IB you have to set it in your preferences or else the advanced mode tab will not show up ....When delphy reset all the preferences i had to go into my profile under edit options and change it under misc. options so the advanced tab showed up ....you have basic mode and you have the mode with extra options...
Test Subject
#1355 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:58 AM
Okay, Ignorant Bliss, maybe I'll get it right this time, LOL. I've attached the file and the picture again. Thanks so much.

Jo H.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  jocountrycharmlrcoffeetable.zip (171.0 KB, 16 downloads)
Field Researcher
#1356 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:54 AM
considering that the file you attached is a recolor for a Maxis coffeetable, there is absolutley no way it can show up as a new meshed sideboard table. No idea what the person who tested this for you is doing, but that can't be your recolor. They must have a cc mesh file in their game and are confusing the two.
Another possibility of course could be that they have a mesh that overrides the Maxis table and your recolor shows for that, but that's an error the creator of that new mesh made by not updating all GUIDs.
Test Subject
#1357 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 8:59 AM
Hi, Simaddict99, those were my thoughts exactly. That no way could a Maxis recolor show up as a new neshed sideboard/cabinet thingie like it did. I told her that I thought she probably had another mesh that was conflicting with it.

I don't know how she can figure out what mesh would be doing that. Do you?

Jo
Forum Resident
#1358 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:15 AM
Is there anyone who found another possible reason for my texture glitch ?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#1359 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:12 PM
Sim Master - I took a look at the packages... One of the files was a .bak, so that wasn't much help. Which packages did you actually add tiles to?

solfal - Do you have any more details about when/how the game is crashing? So I can tell where I should be looking? Ideally a copy of the error log if one was created...
Part-time Hermit
#1360 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jomammatee
I don't know how she can figure out what mesh would be doing that. Do you?

Jo

It's possible to search for GUID conflicts by using SimPE's Scan Folders options and using the GUID Scan option (and deselect all other options). Objects with GUIDs that are duplicates to others in the game will show up in red on the list.
Lab Assistant
#1361 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:56 PM
The_French_Sim: Look in Text List 0x88 of your food, it still has textures from the original food used by the behaviours. You can add new textures to your package and replace their names with the Maxis ones in the text list 0x88. Another way to fix, and avoid the problem would be to re-clone the food and make sure that "Pull #STR linked resources" option in object workshop is ticked on.
Forum Resident
#1362 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 4:43 PM Last edited by The_French_Sim : 12th Sep 2006 at 5:28 PM.
Thanks atavera, I'll try it ! Thank you thank you thank you !

Just one question... Where do I find the "Pull STR resources" box ? I didn't find it !
Lab Assistant
#1363 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
solfal - Do you have any more details about when/how the game is crashing? So I can tell where I should be looking? Ideally a copy of the error log if one was created...

I have asked the person who helped me test the object and got the crash to test it with bolprop testenabledtrue but I don´t remember where the error log is saved?

I have been searching the forums for an hour but can´t find it, very irritating cause I know I have seen it somwhere here

As she described it "Yes, there is definitely a problem though I don't know what the problem is. All I can tell you is I put it on the floor in the Broke toddler's room and clicked on it for him to go play with it and he did. He was sitting there on the floor "dancing" to it and it was so cute watching him do that and then all of a sudden (when the point bar got about 1/4 - 1/3 way up over his head) everything froze my computer up - no escaping at all, not even with the crtl-alt-del keys had to use the reset switch." She didn´t have any other custom content in the downloads folder when testing it.

The only thing I can think of is: I replaced the drumstick with a very tiny little polygon and put it under the floor to make it totaly invisible. (transparent things shows a little at the edges) Could it make a conflict if the object is to low?

I have been testing the object over and over but for me it workes.
Forum Resident
#1364 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 9:38 PM
Forum Resident
#1365 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 9:52 PM
Hey, I´d be glad if someone could have a look at my package. The problem ist that it cannot be recolored.
Thanks in advance,
Bienchen83
Attached files:
File Type: rar  sim2me_ffp_krabbeldecke_MESH.rar (291.2 KB, 6 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#1366 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:10 PM
The_French_Sim: I'm glad that solved your problem

bienchen83: Your MMAT files still refer the old subset names, change those to decke, and geruest like you did in the GMND.
Test Subject
#1367 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:11 PM
Okay, Ignorant Bliss, I guess that's about as far as we can go with this one. Thanks much for your help.

Jo
Inventor
#1368 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:35 PM
Gah, I don't know why this isn't doing the shadows right or not pulling the other colours of the object Help!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  RS_GlamourTableSmall_091206.rar (48.8 KB, 11 downloads)

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#1369 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by solfal
I have asked the person who helped me test the object and got the crash to test it with bolprop testenabledtrue but I don´t remember where the error log is saved?

Logs end up here:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs

If you can get a log and post it with your object, I'll see if I can track down the problem. Often if it only occurs in a particular person's game it's a conflict, which might explain why you can't recreate it. It may also be a cross-EP issue?
Lab Assistant
#1370 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:30 AM

Hi again! it seems like it was a problem with the test persons computer. Thank you for always beeing so helpfull
Forum Resident
#1371 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot, atavera!
Forum Resident
#1372 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 11:29 PM
Sim Master - I took a look at the packages... One of the files was a .bak, so that wasn't much help. Which packages did you actually add tiles to?

Sorry I took so long. The internet went out so I was unable to respond.

Oops, must've been careless and accidentally put a bak in there. Here's the files now.

I tried adding tiles to the actual console (not the keyboard or stoppers meshes) The console itself is the clone of the piano. Oh, and these are backup files because the ones I tried adding tiles to got deleted by accident.

So please try adding tiles to it, and if it works for you, then I must have made a mistake somewhere that I didn't pick up.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Console.rar (718.8 KB, 13 downloads)
Forum Resident
#1373 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
Gah, I don't know why this isn't doing the shadows right or not pulling the other colours of the object Help!

Did you select "Pull only default color" in the Clone menu in the Object workshop ?
And did you edit the Shadows alpha texture ?

(a screenshot would have been helpful)
Part-time Hermit
#1374 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 3:45 PM
Reyn, when you make an object borrow textures from another, you need to edit the Geometric Node. You need to follow the Procedure B in this tutorial by Numenor.

The shadow texture you have in the package is not being used, the Shape still refers to the original object for the shadow. You will need to point the shadow subsets to the material definition file of the shadow in your package by copying and pasting the filename into the Material Definition File field in Shape (minus the _txmt extension)
Test Subject
#1375 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:43 PM
I am new to meshing and am having trouble with a mesh I cloned from "The Woman in Gray". Well, not exactly with the mesh. The mesh works fine but now the original statue is not placeable. I mean, it is in the inventory and I can select it, once I click on the thumbnail the description screen comes up as usual but the game acts as if nothing was selected. I have started over several times in case I missed a step in cloning it or something but the results are the same. It is not being replaced by the mesh but acts as if it is not there. Any help is appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  munchkin_brat_large_yard_sign_MESH.zip (113.5 KB, 15 downloads)
Locked thread
Page 55 of 60