Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Debug Console Command Enabler (Updated July 6th, 2009)

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM by Srikandi

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 260 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 11
Test Subject
#151 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:53 PM
nice good job
Test Subject
#152 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 11:09 AM Last edited by darja121 : 18th Jul 2009 at 2:46 PM.
In this mod I can't find cheat for bring sim (already in game) back to CAS or I missed something?

Can You do (update) this mod that this will be possible? PLEASE? With lifetimehappiness it's only possible to change sim's body, but not the face (like in Sims 2 with unlocking career rewards).

And cheat to control sim who is not a household (come to a party, to visit etc.) - I miss that cheat (mod) from Sims 2 too.

O, yes I remembered something else too: How can ghosts become playable (I think that before update 1.2.7. this was possible, when the ghost was in the house). I would like to have entire ghost families with ghost children - or am I asking too much?
Test Subject
#153 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macster42
For all those who are having a hard time with this, here are a few steps to concider:

1. Make sure there is a resource.cfg installed at the (Windows XP) \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory(folders) (Vista and above - \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3). If you don't have this file, you can download it from here.

2. On Windows Vista X or Windows 7 X (X being any flavor such as home premium edition, Ultimate, etc., etc.); you will need d3dx9_31.dll installed in \Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin directory(folders). On Windows XP - \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin you will need to install Rick's file here. This file is used to allow core mods to work with the game. If you don't have this file, you can download it from here (which happens to be Rick's variation).

3. You will need to create these folders if they are not already present in your "The Sims 3" directory(folder), \Mods\Packages. In this folder, install debugenabler_1.2.7.package. If you do not have this file, you can download it from here and click on the "DOWNLOAD" tab.

For those of you who already have these installed and you are still experiencing problems, here are some things to keep in mind. There are two different types of mods; XML script mods (for skins, clothing, etc. etc.) and core mods(these do things to the game like advance in skills quickly, provide more lifetime reward points, etc. etc.). Core mods are mods used to directly access your core files to the Sims 3 game (hince the name - which is also the reason why these mods failed when the upgrade 1.2.7 came out). Core mods are like the Awesome mod, Klanly's debugenabler mod, and Rick's debugenabler mod to name a few. These (listed and possibly others) will conflict with each other, if used at the same time. So you can only use ONE (of the ones listed) at a time. Also on the scripting mods, you can have as many of these as you desire and you can mix these with a core mod of your choosing.

I hope this helps. Happy Gaming!!! :D

PS. I forgot to mention the cache files (oopsy), in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 there are Xcache.package (where X is the name of the cache) files. Some core mods require you to delete these files, they are merely just for your back up files should something go wrong in the game. By deleting these file you are causing the game to create new ones with settings that are required by the current mod being used. Some of the core mods listed require this to be done, while others do not. It is helpfull to do a little research into whether the core mod you wish to use requires this. I do know that Awesome mod and Klanly's debugenabler require this to be done. However I am not so sure about Rick's debugenabler (or others) as I was able to get (just) Rick's debugenabler mod working on both XP and Windows 7 machines without having to do this. I am not sure about anyone elses machines or other mods. Good luck.

I've checked, double checked, and triple checked everything that everyone has said in this thread about what to do and I still get an "unknown command" reply when I try the lifetimehappiness cheat.

I have Windows Vista, and judging from the instructions, I've placed the updated debugenabler (1.2.7) into the folders: (Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/)

A resource.cfg file is in the folders: (Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/)

And from what you have said, I've looked for the d3dx9_31.dll file and found it in the place you've stated: (Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin directory)

I even deleted the cache files placed in (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/) just in case.

I've very confused and more than a little frustrated that I cannot get this to work, and I know you and Rick get the "help me, I'm a n00b at this stuff" reaction a lot... And for all I know I could have missed something very simple and feel like an idiot soon but... Please help?

I'd appreciate it very much.

I'd be happy with just the lifetimehappiness cheat, it's so complicated, arg!

Test Subject
#154 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:34 AM
Funny, this mod was working perfectly before i reinstalled the game. Now it's not working anymore, and crashes when loading...
Test Subject
#155 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Macster42 : 10th Sep 2009 at 9:14 AM.
Sorry I was MIA for a little while there.

Luispt - when you reloaded the game, did you upgrade the game to 1.2.7 before trying Rick's debugenabler_1.2.7.package? If so, try looking at message post # 141 one more time. If not, remove the mod from the mod\package folders and then get the game upgraded to 1.2.7, and THEN replace the mod back into its folder.

Artificial Starlight - couple of things come to mind. Are you using d3dx9_31.dll from my message post # 141 - Installer's Choice.rar? If not sure, try replacing this file. Is your game upgraded to 1.2.7 and are you using the latest mod debugenabler_1.2.7.package? One more thing (after all this), try typing in "help" at the console and see if your command does come up. If it does, perhaps it is just a typing issue cause the mod is working at this point. Also keep in mind that on Vista and above - the game actually gets installed in "program files (x86)" (or at least it does on my machines anyway). I think this is what you meant, but just incase you didn't, I was just clarifying. Just some things to look for. Hope this helps.

darja121 - Have you concidered using Klanly's debug enabler, it has all the features you speak of and more. You can find his mod at: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=125.0 If you have any further questions, on Klanly's mod, you can also ask them there as well. Also I think Awesome mod has these too, but am not sure on that. You would have to investigate this, cause I have not used this mod due to its unstable and dominate nature.

Hope this helps. Happy Gaming!!! :D

Macster

Remember all this is done on a valunteer basis, that means the mods and the support for these mods. I sure hope this adds to the enjoyment of the game.
Test Subject
#156 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:54 PM
THERE WE GO. WOW. Took me a while to figure out...game was crashing while loading in the beginning because i have version 1.0.631.00002 (don't ask why, it won't let me update for some strange reason) and was trying to use debugenabler 1.2.7.............Moral of the story is - check your Sims 3 version...make sure you're using the right debugenabler version.
Test Subject
#157 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:41 PM

Luispt - when you reloaded the game, did you upgrade the game to 1.2.7 before trying Rick's debugenabler_1.2.7.package? If so, try looking at message post # 142 one more time. If not, remove the mod from the mod\package folders and then get the game upgraded to 1.2.7, and THEN replace the mod back into its folder.

Artificial Starlight - couple of things come to mind. Are you using d3dx9_31.dll from my message post # 142 - Installer's Choice.rar? If not sure, try replacing this file. Is your game upgraded to 1.2.7 and are you using the latest mod debugenabler_1.2.7.package? One more thing (after all this), try typing in "help" at the console and see if your command does come up. If it does, perhaps it is just a typing issue cause the mod is working at this point. Also keep in mind that on Vista and above - the game actually gets installed in "program files (x86)" (or at least it does on my machines anyway). I think this is what you meant, but just incase you didn't, I was just clarifying. Just some things to look for. Hope this helps.

darja121 - Have you concidered using Klanly's debug enabler, it has all the features you speak of and more. You can find his mod at: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=125.0 If you have any further questions, on Klanly's mod, you can also ask them there as well. Also I think Awesome mod has these too, but am not sure on that. You would have to investigate this, cause I have not used this mod due to its unstable and dominate nature.

Macster

Remember all this is done on a valunteer basis, that means the mods and the support for these mods. I sure hope this adds to the enjoyment of the game.

darja121 answer:

Yes I've tried that mod and Indie mod - for awesome mod I'm not sure ... but no one works for me! The game just don' t load or the mod just not working! So this mod is the only core mod, which works for me.
Test Subject
#158 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 3:32 AM Last edited by luispt : 21st Jul 2009 at 3:40 AM. Reason: more info
its working now, but however, it used to give me many cheats using "testingcheatsenabled true" but now I only have the basic cheats...

I have also asked myself.. before I used to have the game in english and now I have in portuguese... Or maybe I installed another mod and I don't remember, but I've been searching all the mods that I used before and I don't think I had another one that was making possible to use the cheats with "testingcheatsenabled true" and pressing shift + sim.

It was also giving me opportunity to edit sims in the CaS. Maybe it was other mod I was using... but I was thinking it was this one..
Test Subject
#159 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:15 AM
Access to the path C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\debugenabler_1.2.7.package' is denied

is what is says when i try to install this. HELP!
Test Subject
#160 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darja121
darja121 answer:

Yes I've tried that mod and Indie mod - for awesome mod I'm not sure ... but no one works for me! The game just don' t load or the mod just not working! So this mod is the only core mod, which works for me.

darja121 2. answer:

I've tried to install duma.package one more time with Helper Monkey - and now it works! I'm so happy, because now I can edit a sim in CAS from the game and this is one thing I was wishing the most of all from the begining Thank you so much for your advice!
Test Subject
#161 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Almostpurrfect23
Do you have an HP computer? If so take the HP Health check and make an icon on your desktop and right click and chose properities and the hotkey is ctrl+alt+c delete it and your cheat console will work...had the same problem with the sims 2.

ctrl alt windows key c
Test Subject
#162 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:18 PM

Luispt - when you reloaded the game, did you upgrade the game to 1.2.7 before trying Rick's debugenabler_1.2.7.package? If so, try looking at message post # 142 one more time. If not, remove the mod from the mod\package folders and then get the game upgraded to 1.2.7, and THEN replace the mod back into its folder.

Artificial Starlight - couple of things come to mind. Are you using d3dx9_31.dll from my message post # 142 - Installer's Choice.rar? If not sure, try replacing this file. Is your game upgraded to 1.2.7 and are you using the latest mod debugenabler_1.2.7.package? One more thing (after all this), try typing in "help" at the console and see if your command does come up. If it does, perhaps it is just a typing issue cause the mod is working at this point. Also keep in mind that on Vista and above - the game actually gets installed in "program files (x86)" (or at least it does on my machines anyway). I think this is what you meant, but just incase you didn't, I was just clarifying. Just some things to look for. Hope this helps.

Macster

Artificial Starlight answer:

Just in case, I've downloaded your Installer's Choice.rar and replaced the d3dx9_31.dll file with the one given. I still get an "unknown command" and I've double checked the spelling, it's correct. (lifetimehappiness) <- that is exact, right? Without the parenthesis.

The "help" command only brings up the original cheats such as "joke please" and "enable lamas" ...

"... Also keep in mind that on Vista and above - the game actually gets installed in "program files (x86)" ..."

Are there two Program files folders? Mine doesn't have the "(x86)" on it, and I'm searching for any others with the same name but am finding nothing. It's on my C: drive, if that means anything.

It seems that the game's been installed here though; all the required folders everyone's mentioned are there...

- And yes, I've made sure that the correct patch corresponds to the correct update.
Test Subject
#163 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poopitypoopity2
Access to the path C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\debugenabler_1.2.7.package' is denied

is what is says when i try to install this. HELP!

You don't have the authority to change the folders; you have to either be an administrator, or turn the UAC (user account control) off. You can do this through the control panel.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM
EA have now introduced a new patch, the Slider hack and this one both crash the game during loading, (they actually also stopped the EA launcher from installing downloads as well on my game). Delphy has already posted on the slider hack that a new version is needed for that, I guess we need to wait for a new version of this as well. Good old EA, what stars they are. I don't have awesome mod or Indiestone but I guess they will need new versions as well, the rest of my mods are fine.

Bill Bailey

already home

learning how to
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#165 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Rick : 29th Jul 2009 at 10:22 PM.
The nature of core mods is that they will become incompatible with newer patches. I will release a version for 1.3.24 soon.
Instructor
#166 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:19 PM
Thank you for fixing this. Love this mod, can't play without it. Again thank you so much.
Inventor
#167 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artificial Starlight
Artificial Starlight answer:

"... Also keep in mind that on Vista and above - the game actually gets installed in "program files (x86)" ..."

Are there two Program files folders? Mine doesn't have the "(x86)" on it, and I'm searching for any others with the same name but am finding nothing. It's on my C: drive, if that means anything.

It seems that the game's been installed here though; all the required folders everyone's mentioned are there...

- And yes, I've made sure that the correct patch corresponds to the correct update.

For anyone running Vista you should know if you have x32 as i do the Program Files folder will look just like it does for XP, having the x86 in front of it means you have the 64 bit version. This PC had 64 bit and looked like that before I got sick of how everything was not compatible with 64 bit and I used my disc to switch to 32 bit. So if you have Vista and things look as described for XP I wouldn't be to worried it just means you have the 32 bit version.
Test Subject
#168 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 6:01 AM Last edited by Macster42 : 1st Aug 2009 at 6:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
For anyone running Vista you should know if you have x32 as i do the Program Files folder will look just like it does for XP, having the x86 in front of it means you have the 64 bit version. This PC had 64 bit and looked like that before I got sick of how everything was not compatible with 64 bit and I used my disc to switch to 32 bit. So if you have Vista and things look as described for XP I wouldn't be to worried it just means you have the 32 bit version.

This is good to know, but it still doesn't answer the fundamental question, why is the mod not working? Could it be because he\she is running Vista 32 bit, I doubt seriously this is the reason. Due to the fact that I am not seeing anyone else having this similar problems who have 32 bit versions. Too many variables are still left unchecked, like localization (meaning language of the game), dot net has it been updated to 3.5, the OS been updated to the latest SP and drivers as well. Judging by the skill level of the user, I would say yes, but am not sure. And I lack the resources to observe his\her problem to find the "smoking gun". The only 32 bit version I have is XP and these files work just fine on XP as long as the game is at 1.2.7 (er at least until Rick comes up with a new update) as well as Windows 7 64 bit RC.

Sorry Artificial Starlight, I haven't been ignoring you, I just don't know how to help you any further. I hope you have figured out a way to get the mod working, though and can share this with others.

Thanks very much for the info, ScorpioMaurus. I had forgotten to take this into concideration.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:35 PM
Okay I can not play the game due to new update will there be a new update for the new version update for the game? Thank you! The Latest Update for: 1.3
07/27/09 Oh I see you will be doing the newer update lol I am not a good reader some times! Sorry about this one!
Alchemist
#170 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:27 AM
aaahhh, im dying! i can definetly NOT play without this, and EA has gone and done that stupid patch, and like the stupid person i am, i downloaded it. Now i have to wait for an UPDATE!! I think it will take a while since it must take quite a bit of work to make this mod, so i will have to sit here, waiting... oh did i say thanks for the mod? i didn't? well thanks!! cant wait for the new version!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#171 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:48 PM
Actually it's quite simple, I just havn't gotten to it yet. I'll have an update available for the latest patch within a day.
Test Subject
#172 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:27 AM
Rick,

Is it essentially recompiling your source files to there .dlls (like last time with 1.2.7 - basically relinking backup the .dlls) or is there some actual modification necessary in order to get yours working with there .dlls? I am just curious.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:26 PM
cool I really need this file download too! lol......
Test Subject
#174 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:53 PM
This is good to know, but it still doesn't answer the fundamental question, why is the mod not working? Could it be because he\she is running Vista 32 bit, I doubt seriously this is the reason. Due to the fact that I am not seeing anyone else having this similar problems who have 32 bit versions. Too many variables are still left unchecked, like localization (meaning language of the game), dot net has it been updated to 3.5, the OS been updated to the latest SP and drivers as well. Judging by the skill level of the user, I would say yes, but am not sure. And I lack the resources to observe his\her problem to find the "smoking gun". The only 32 bit version I have is XP and these files work just fine on XP as long as the game is at 1.2.7 (er at least until Rick comes up with a new update) as well as Windows 7 64 bit RC.

Sorry Artificial Starlight, I haven't been ignoring you, I just don't know how to help you any further. I hope you have figured out a way to get the mod working, though and can share this with others.

Thanks very much for the info, ScorpioMaurus. I had forgotten to take this into concideration.

My Vista version (I'm a she, by the way ) is a 64 bit. And it's in English.

I've followed every direction and instruction I could but something just isn't right I suppose. And while I'm certainly no genius at computers like most wonderful helpers here (really, thanks) I'm pretty sure I'm in the correct place, at least. But it's clear that it's my fault whatever it is.

Anyway, the main purpose for getting the debugenabler was the lifetimehappiness cheat. And I'm sure, with a little bit of searching, I can find another hack for this specific... frustration. Ha ha.

So, thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it.

You too ScorpioMaurus.
Test Subject
#175 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:18 PM
Try this. Open a command prompt, right click and run as Administrator.

Then copy and paste just as it is here

takeown /F "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods" /R /D Y

icacls "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods" /grant administrators:F /T

If that doesn't work let me know.
Page 7 of 11