Replies: 2027 (Who?), Viewed: 204453 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 82 of 82
Theorist
#2026 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:07 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 16th Sep 2021 at 2:22 AM.
I ran into an example of a small water trap in my newest house, the Spanish style of my previous posts uptopic.
The first picture below shows a small water trap, where the roof pitch would direct rainwater against the wall of the house. In Sims 2, examples such as this are no big deal, since they often cannot be fixed. In real life, an area such as this might have the corner of the roof pitch slightly away from the house, or just have added flashing against the wall to prevent leaks, or both. Nevertheless, in real life this is a good example of a "problem area" that would need to be kept an eye on.
The second picture shows that I was able to add a small section of Lean-To roofing in that area, and the third and fourth pictures show the end result once the Lean-To roof angle was reduced to 15 degrees to match the rest of the roof. There are no roof sections visible inside the house.
Come to think of it, making the angle of the little Lean-To piece a bit steeper, say about 18 degrees, might look even better
Screenshots
Scholar
#2027 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:08 PM
Oh. Thank you for your suggestions, Scaryrob. I will use it for sure for my real life house. That will be great improvement for house I would build for my family.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
#2028 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:41 AM
My second neighborhood is getting "leftover" lots after cleanup. There might be a plenty I will share but not all. Scaryrob came with really useful suggestions to improve it, there is 99% I will use it for other houses. But some houses don't worth to fix it. I'll just post its pictures here and then demolish it. Why am l doing this? Well... The Sims 2 is very old game you know. It is 15 years! There are so much of lots even better then those. Also Lots is the MOST filled Downloads section! Seriously, why should I build something that's already done? And why should I fix something that needs too much effort. I prefer to demolish houses that needs too many fixes. The real estate market is overflowed :D! I can even behave whimsical. So I start fresh rather then scratching my head in search of the right roof slope angle or make any efforts to fix existed. I do it without any regrets.
I posted two in previous post that already demolished and one in downloads that was looking good. And all they were smashed already in my game hehe I need to think about post more of lots before demolish.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.

Page 82 of 82