Replies: 12087 (Who?), Viewed: 1522196 times.
Page 484 of 484
Forum Resident
#12076 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
I was surprised to see that when my bird died he was actually at the bottom of the cage and not just magically disappeared like all the other small pets. I'm trying to do thing I usually don't bother with and playing with pets is on that list.

That pic made me think about how much I wish there was a smaller cage size for birds in particular. The terrariums and all are pretty realistically sized, but they take up so much room so you kind of have to place them before anything else and design around it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#12077 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:23 PM Last edited by nitromon : 16th Jul 2021 at 9:35 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin
Meh you guys are probably right.
If I came across a bit crass I apologize, it just pised me off.
Seen too many single moms IRL with poor self esteem becuase they've been looked down up on in the past. Guess it just triggered something in me.

It's a computer game. Do you people always have to turn everything political? Not everyone share your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin
But a woman's worth as a mother should not not be measured if she's married or not.

No, I agree with this statement. But you do realize if a single mother wishes to get married, that doesn't necessarily means she is placing her worth in being married or not right?

That's the problem with this generation, everyone judging each other while putting themselves on a moral pedestal.

If a feminist doesn't want to get married, that's fine. But then why do they insist women who want to get married are weak and dependent on men? Why trample on other people's happiness? Why put down others because they believe in something different?

In case you didn't notice what you said in your first post. You mocked people who believe in different things than you as old and outdated. Putting yourself on a moral pedestal, you openly judged and dictated that marriage is a 1950 thing. If you can't see how sanctimonious your attitude is...

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Instructor
#12078 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
You mocked people who believe in different things than you as old and outdated. Putting yourself on a moral pedestal, you openly judged and dictated that marriage is a 1950 thing. If you can't see how sanctimonious your attitude is...
This is a perfect example of virtue signalling.
Scholar
#12079 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 11:57 PM
Pets take subways! I'm testing a few new mods in Simmington, which is small and has a lot of subways that sims actually take in a semi-rational way. However, the dog takes them too. I can't find a setting in NRAAS traffic or Go Here that would prevent that.
Instructor
#12080 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
Pets take subways! I'm testing a few new mods in Simmington, which is small and has a lot of subways that sims actually take in a semi-rational way. However, the dog takes them too. I can't find a setting in NRAAS traffic or Go Here that would prevent that.
Well, in the Sims pets can open the door, so why not take subways or even drive xD That would be awesome!
Mad Poster
#12081 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 1:17 PM
Pets can also take elevators on their own, which is awesome if they live in a highrise dwelling. Was never sure if it was explained how they could reach the buttons, so there must either be floor-level versions for them to push or the elevators are voice (woof and meow) activated.

As for subways, given the way I see humans behave on them whenever I leave my immediate neighborhood IRL, I would have to say that animals would be a welcome addition. They couldn't possibly behave any worse.
Forum Resident
#12082 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 21st Jul 2021 at 4:59 PM.
I got a pretty big chuckle yesterday while I was playing. Clicked on the mailbox and one of the donate options was "Donate to Insurance Companies".

Mad Poster
#12083 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
I got a pretty big chuckle yesterday while I was playing. Clicked on the mailbox and one of the donate options was "Donate to Insurance Companies".

LOL...How much did your sim donate and which moodlet did they get?
Forum Resident
#12084 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
LOL...How much did your sim donate and which moodlet did they get?

Zilch... because my poor Sim is struggling to keep his house as it is! Who says art doesn't imitate life? Should I be expecting any forceful knocks at the door anytime soon?

Cue the "Stressed" moodlet any moment now.

Test Subject
#12085 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 12:32 PM
I think MAYBE the devs were trying to hint that celebrity gossip is unfair and harsh ... but maybe not, I don't know.

Sims 3 ID, Origin, Twitter, etc.: SimmerLella
Scholar
#12086 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 9:48 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Jul 2021 at 10:14 PM.
I made an interesting discovery about CCMagic today, although (on past form) it may be that I am the last person to have spotted it.

I use CCMagic to install most of my cc, and I have quite a lot of it in there. One problem with it is that it doesn't always show a thumbnail of every item installed, which can make it difficult to find what you're looking for.

Among the items that didn't display thumbnails were some converted TSM chairs I download. They were fixed versions of some others I had which didn't work. They looked very nice, but sims couldn't sit in them properly: they would slide backwards so that their bums were hanging in mid air and their feet were clipping through the seat. The new ones were fixed for PETS, so I thought I'd give them a try, and hallelujah, they worked! But the patterns were different, so before uninstalling the faulty ones I saved the patterns from them and re- CASt the new ones so they looked the same. Then, back into CCMagic to delete the old ones, and surprise, surprise! there were my four new chairs, each displaying a nice thumbnail with the pattern I had just given them.

Intrigued, I tried the same thing with a number of other items that lacked thumbnails, and it worked each time. It works with CAS items too.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#12087 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:57 AM
That is news to me, @Elynda, thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
#12088 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:04 AM
I may have to see if that works because yeah not having the thumbnails kind of stinks.
Page 484 of 484