Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:17 PM
A review for Batman: Arkham Asylum
Best game based on a comic book ever!

I recently recieved Batman: Arkham Asylum as a present for PC and it is absolutly wonderful!

The game starts off with batman capturing the Joker and bringing him to Arkham. In this scene you can really see the great graphics that the game has to offer. The attention to detail and the dark, dreary coloursceme really seems to be effective for the style of this game. In the first part of the game, you follow the Joker into the asylum as the story continues. So you get to test out the controls as the plot continues. Then when in the elevator, the lights go out for a bit and the Joker makes a manical laugh. The Joker later escapes from the guards and he takes over the asylum. Batman is then trapped inside the asylum just to 'play' the Joker's game.

Shortly after this, you get to experience the first fight of the game. When you fight it is really quite fun and very easy to control. The moves he performs are really cool and you get some good moves done. The Joker then appears on the screen and talks some more. The voice actors in this game are really quite good. All the different characters are just so cool!

This game is really quite dark. Along with Batman lurking through the grounds of Arkham, all of the villains are really vile and cruel. The joker's still as crazy as ever, Zsasz is truly insane weilding his knives, ready to attack, and Scarecrow's levels are freaky! Seriously, first time I played, wow! The fear gas effect makes the game really cool! Even Harley's had a darkening, she's more vile and cruel, and a bit stranger, just like Mr J. I love when the villains interact with each other. Especially Joker and Harley, Harley is still madly in love with him and that is hilarious saying Mr J doesn't really care.

Now back to the fighting system. Batman is slick and powerful in this game and isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers. One of my favourite things to do is a silent takedown. You grapple yourself to the old gargoyles and then jump off so your behind one of the baddies, then Batman gives them a little punch, covers their mouth and they suffocate. The good thing about this is that no-one hears them so the other villains don't come running over to the dead man, which is pretty annoying. Batman's items are pretty cool. The first couple are the batarang, which is good for knocking down the opponent an then taking them down, and the explosive gel, which can explode some surfaces, killing anyone in it's path.

Another feature of the game is The Riddler's riddles. Throughout the game, Eddie will give Batman riddles to solve and then can unlock new interview tapes and stuff like that. One of the cool modes for these challenges and fighting around Arkham is detective mode. In this mode you can examine all the enemies around the area and evidence to find and examine it, see below.

So overall, the storyline is really interesting and fun to follow, great graphics and sound and cool fighting scenes. I would defiantly recommend you buying this game evem if you're not an avid Batman fan. It is available on PS3, XBox and PC.

My Ratings...

Presentation- 9.2/10
Great dark themes, very nice.

Graphics- 9.3/10
Graphics aren't perfect but are pretty cool, as the game progresses, Batman's suit gains damage and cuts, pure awesome!

Sound- 9.6/10
Voice actors are really talented and the music is nice and eerie.

Gameplay- 9.7/10
Awesome gameplay and fighting modes!

Overall- 9.5/10
Buy this game, now!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 10:15 PM
that looks lik a sweet game! i want it now...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:08 PM
lol it was fun watching my brother play so I'm sure it will be even more fun to actually play
(my brother has it for xbox 360)

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:45 PM
I bought this when it first came out, it is a really great game, good graphics, gameplay, configuation ect. ...

Only two problems.

1) (The worst out of the two) The game is too short. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to a couple of months for me to beat a game, not this one. The first time I played though it, it took me Two days. Now if I play it, a couple of hours, I know this game was to take place over one night, but really guys for $50 +, it really needs to be longer.

2) The voice to lip ratio is bad. If you don't know what I am saying, the lips don't exactly match up to what they're saying. It's not that big of a deal I know, but these two problems make the game feel rushed. The lip to voice ratio is good at the beginning of the game, but as you progress, the best lip synching there is, is in the cutscenes.

Overall, I give this game a 9 out of 10. It could have been better, but overall, the game was fantastic!

(P.S. The same people are currently working on a Batman Arkham Asylum II, you are supposed to get away from the asylum, and into Gothom. Hopefully they do better on this.)

"How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this pencil disapear. TADA!! It's... ahh... it's gone!"- Joker
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 10:29 PM
The voice actors only talented? Ha! Mark Hamill is the only man qualified to voice the Joker. That includes anyone else who has ever tried. Yes, even them.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:53 PM
I like it.But darn i cannot save!