Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12026 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Well, when are your sims blocking the fridge? Because Dickhurt's Baby toddler food and feeding fixes cuts down on fridge blocking for me. Or you can use Squinge's Move Away From Fridge Before Feeding Baby.

Because some moron with zero cooking points decided to 'Stuff Face' right at the same time as I told someone with five cooking points to go make dinner, that's why!

Or some teen who came home from school decided it was the perfect time to 'Swing on Door'.

One or the other.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12027 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 11:30 PM
There's a regular "Shoo" interaction which I believe works on anyone, regardless of whether they are in front of the refrigerator or not. Why not just use that?
Alchemist
#12028 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:26 PM Last edited by omglo : 21st Jun 2021 at 2:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
There's a regular "Shoo" interaction which I believe works on anyone, regardless of whether they are in front of the refrigerator or not. Why not just use that?

I constantly have one Sim decide to stand in front of the refrigerator feeding a baby while the one on the way to make dinner just gives up and drops the interaction from their queue, and it'd be nice if that wasn't a thing.
Field Researcher
#12029 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 12:09 PM
A mod that lets the sims sit down and talk on the phone would be great!
Mad Poster
#12030 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 1:46 AM
More toggled versions of mods like frequency of witch visits, plantsim transformations, alien abductions, Pack Leader visits, and lamp deliveries, etc.
Field Researcher
#12031 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 12:54 AM
An alarm that I can set to go off on a certain day at a certain time. (Monday at 5pm; or Wednesday at 4am; or whatever)
Theorist
#12032 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
An alarm that I can set to go off on a certain day at a certain time. (Monday at 5pm; or Wednesday at 4am; or whatever)

Check out the simlogical alarm clock:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Sleeping.htm
Field Researcher
#12033 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 12:05 PM
Lab Assistant
#12034 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 8:52 PM
I reeeally wish there was a simpler prison mod. Inge's prison controllers are nice, but I don't really enjoy having to manage an extra lot when I play. It could be like what happens when teens/pets runaway...
Alchemist
#12035 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 10:46 PM
Well, you could play it that way. No one says you have to play the prison lot. You wouldn't even need most of the prison set that way. Just move the sims out with mods, maybe give everyone memories if you want--you can do that with DiLight's tattered diary. Stick the prisoner tag in the prisoner's inventory so they don't show on community lots, but then that's it. You leave them on the holding lot or in the sim bin until it's time to come home. Then when you summon them back home, you use mods to add however many days they were away to their age.

And if you use the lot sync timer, you can create an event to help remind you when to move the sim back.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12036 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 2:26 AM Last edited by FranH : 7th Jul 2021 at 9:28 AM.
Running a prison isn't that bad, if you have the right selection of mods, and the prison is constructed more or less to be a prison.
I really should build another one-this time with a library with privileges for all the inmates.

It's just another residential lot with 'special conditions' for its' purpose.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#12037 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Well, you could play it that way. No one says you have to play the prison lot. You wouldn't even need most of the prison set that way. Just move the sims out with mods, maybe give everyone memories if you want--you can do that with DiLight's tattered diary. Stick the prisoner tag in the prisoner's inventory so they don't show on community lots, but then that's it. You leave them on the holding lot or in the sim bin until it's time to come home. Then when you summon them back home, you use mods to add however many days they were away to their age.

And if you use the lot sync timer, you can create an event to help remind you when to move the sim back.

that... idea... is brilliant!!! gee whiz im so slow sometimes haha!
Test Subject
#12038 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 8:06 AM
A mod that changes the texture rendering method; instead of interpolating textures it'd just render them pixelated, like it was in older PS2-era games (like GTA III or VC, or something like this on the left photo), it'd add an extra early-2000s-vibe to the game and make blurry textures pixelated instead. I'm not sure whether it'd even be possible (mainly because The Sims 2's camera is hardcoded if I recall correctly), but maybe with the use of reshade or RPC Launcher's .asi injecting something could be done to at least try
Mad Poster
#12039 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 11:26 PM
A mod that makes children start wanting to play, talk with, and be shown affection by their parents more after said parents have a baby. They could also start acting out and their aspiration could go down faster than usual, and they could have a temporary mood penalty because the baby is getting more attention than they are.
Field Researcher
#12040 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
A mod that makes children start wanting to play, talk with, and be shown affection by their parents more after said parents have a baby. They could also start acting out and their aspiration could go down faster than usual, and they could have a temporary mood penalty because the baby is getting more attention than they are.

Nice!
Or, alternatively, adding a new Fear of their parent sims interacting with the baby. That way the aspiration loss is less passive, and more directly correlated to jealousy.
And also because when sim children fall into red aspiration, they naturally start acting out more, so I like direct hits to aspiration.

New EPs added new fears of other sims howling and such. And mods already add new "Buy this!" wants to the tree. So why not new fears?

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Field Researcher
#12041 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Lena88 : 15th Jul 2021 at 4:55 PM.
I dont know how to put it...I want a mod that makes...sims use computer in some other way than gaming, on unowned community lot. Something that could make a sim act as secretary or something (if the community lot has computer).
Forum Resident
#12042 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I dont know how to put it...I want a mod that makes...sims use computer in some other way than gaming, on unowned community lot. Something that could make a sim act as secretary or something (if the community lot has computer).

Fortune sims with the financial consulting perk do that interaction autonomously (a lot in my experience) on residential lots, maybe they'd do so on community lots too?
Mad Poster
#12043 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 12:00 AM
I finally figured out what nobody has ever done: a mod to allow parents to bring their toddlers to community lots. Has never been done, (that I know of) no way to transport them has ever been made. The only way you can literally move them is to 'shine them into' the lot.
A baby, or pram used to carry them.
Of course if someone did that, they'd also have to figure out how to let children go to community lots by themselves. (yes, I do know there is one mod, but it's very problematic, and sometimes does not work).

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#12044 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:21 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 24th Jul 2021 at 4:28 AM.
I'd like a mod that prevents hobby enthusiasm gain. I have one that prevents decay, but it'd be nice if I could also prevent it from going up, so I can set enthusiasm to whatever I think makes sense for that Sim and have it stay that way.

EDIT: I ended up making a WCIF after Nopke made me wonder if the mod maybe already existed, and it turns out it does. So for any of the people that pressed agree, check out the WCIF thread.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#12045 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:29 PM

Also, if a Sim has high enough enthusiasm for a certain hobby, they may search the web for blogs about the topic. May or may not be realistic in depicting secretaries IRL, too.
Field Researcher
#12046 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:45 AM
I dont know how to put this question. I wish there was a mod that...kind of...spawn/summon sims of same (or similar) job career on a community lot. It would be nice. I know that there is a mod with which you can allow or block sims of certain age appear on community lot (I have forgot title of the mod).
Forum Resident
#12047 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:13 PM
I dont know how to put this question. I wish there was a mod that...kind of...spawn/summon sims of same (or similar) job career on a community lot. It would be nice. I know that there is a mod with which you can allow or block sims of certain age appear on community lot (I have forgot title of the mod).

The mod you're thinking of is called the Visitor Controller, and it does allow you to ban/allow sims of varying types, actually, including careers:
Quote:
You can ban by aspiration, career, major, and many different characteristics.

What you can do is ban every type of sim, then allow the ones from the career you want. Not exactly what you asked for, but it can sort of do that.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#12048 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
What you can do is ban every type of sim, then allow the ones from the career you want. Not exactly what you asked for, but it can sort of do that.

I thought of a way to force-invite all Sims of a particular career, however I'm not sure if it's the best way possible.

Basically, set up Visitor Controller to allow only Sims of a certain career to visit. Then, using the debug cheat, SHIFT+click on the mailbox and select Invite All Neighbors.

However, I think this is a very CPU-intensive way of accomplishing this. Every Sim from the neighborhood will get invited, and then teleported off the lot once Visitor Controller does its checks. Because of the teleporting part, you'll see a lot of purple smoke effects (the meditation teleport effect).
Field Researcher
#12049 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 10:36 PM
I'd like a mod where you can get scholarships with only 5 or 6 skill points instead of 8. Tired of all my teen sims either having way too many skills or not being able to get any scholarships.
Link Ninja
#12050 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I'd like a mod where you can get scholarships with only 5 or 6 skill points instead of 8. Tired of all my teen sims either having way too many skills or not being able to get any scholarships.

That would be great, I use the 8 marker to determine if they get into 'Ivy League' but for now I give money to the kids via cheat if they make 7 points on a skill.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 482 of 576