Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:28 PM
Default No autonomous congratulations
Is there a mod that stops the constant autonomous congratulating of other Sims for things like getting a job, having a child, etc? I feel like it gets in the way of other, more meaningful socials; in my current Sim family, pretty much the only social interaction they'll do autonomously is congratulate each other.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:46 PM
Funnily enough, I wanted to find something similar nd came across No Autonomous Congratulate, Tease & Console by Squinge. I don't know if it's compatible for packs higher than OFB, though, but I'm going to try the no congratulae at some point.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Inventor
#3 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 1:13 PM
I'm also looking for something like that, but I want to keep the Teasing and Console interactions instead.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Funnily enough, I wanted to find something similar nd came across No Autonomous Congratulate, Tease & Console by Squinge. I don't know if it's compatible for packs higher than OFB, though, but I'm going to try the no congratulae at some point.

The relevant code Social - Memory - Congratulate - TEST is the same up to M&G - so it is compatible for all EPs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360

Thank you so much! I tested it out in my game with all the EPs and it's working great :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:24 PM
If you're not interested in Squinge's mod, twojeffs has one called "No Congrats" that completely stops Sims from autonomously performing this action. There's also "No Congrats Fix" which lessons how often it happens. You can find them both here under "Teasing&CongratsFixes."