Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:58 AM
Homecrafter dosent work! i just get a file called TS2Uberkat 2008.04.24 07.26.20!
it's a crash dump file
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:02 PM
Great tutorial, but when i went to have a look at the finished result in homecrafter i was not impressed. In the view where it shows you what your wall tiles look like next to eachother, there was a thick black line between each one?

I did everything accordingly, when i went back to edit it, there was no sign of a black line or even shadow !?

Someone help me?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:21 PM
Loo-La - That shows the tile boundary and is not part of your actual textures, just something Homecrafter does. There's a button to toggle that on and off when you're previewing your textures. That's covered in the homecrafter part of the tutorial, step 9f.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#204 Old 11th May 2008 at 12:15 AM
thank you so much!! I finally get it .. I've been looking around for this tutorial ^_^
Test Subject
#205 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:42 PM
OMG im going 2 sound so stupid

Ok so hi ur tutorial really helped me in making some stuff but you talked about package files and I cant find any where on how to make package files or what they are and I was just wondering on how to put custom material in a package file so u can upload it. I know ur probably thinking what a complete dork cause he doesn't know what a package file is but im relatively new here and cant find it anywhere well thanx 4 ur time if u looked at this...
Test Subject
#206 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for a good tutorial, again I have been using one of the latest versions of Paint.NET, and it IS possible to open several documents at a time. When you open a new document i Paint.NET, a list with the opened documents appear in the top-right corner.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#207 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 1:23 PM
daviddisaster, the .package file is generated when you import your wall or floor into the game using homecrafter. They go directly into your downloads folder. Try sorting your downloads folder by date as you're working in homecrafter. The most recent .package will be the last one you imported. Copy it and paste it to where ever your project folder is. Then you can right click it and give it a good descriptive name for your downloaders. To package it for upload you'll need to see the Creator Guidelines for walls and floors.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#208 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 12:42 PM
Hi, I have just literally rediscovered my slight obession with Sims2 and wanted to try my hand at making some of my own custom content etc, especially considering I've never done anything like this before. SO this tutorial, was absoutly brilliant, it helped and I'm now off to make loads more!! Thank you for taking the time to post this tutorial up, it is really easy now I know how! Thank you!
Test Subject
#209 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:26 AM
I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 And I can't make it work right, and my stuff won't go together like in your 2nd pic where you lay out everything. Is this because elements 5.0 isn't good for this?
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:14 AM
Hi, I really need help. I tried to make some wood floors, in homecrafter they look fine but in game they are green
Here's a pic

The images are .BMP and 256x256, so I really don't know what I could have done wrong.
Test Subject
#211 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:15 PM
I just found this tut after searching for one to do exactly this and I just want to say thank you thank you thank you. It was so easy. Now I've gone insane and have been doing wall and floor nonstop xD
Test Subject
#212 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:49 AM
Default does NOT make sense
[QUOTE=HystericalParoxysm]Well, we've got all of our textures ready. Let's make them usable in the game.

1. Open Homecrafter. It should have a shortcut on your Desktop, or you can find it under Start - Programs - EA Games - The Sims 2 Homecrafter Plus. If you have a lot of custom content in your game, it might take a few minutes to load, so be patient.

2. Homecrafter creates the folders it will look in for the content you're creating the first time it's run. Once it's running, we'll go ahead and copy over those files. Open up a regular Windows Explorer (folder view) window to move the files around on your hard drive. You may want to do this in two windows, one for the source directory (the one you're copying from and one for the destination (the one you're pasting to), to make it easier.
a. Open up your Sims 2 Projects/Walls folder. Copy your wall texture .bmp file. Navigate to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects/HomeCrafter Plus/Walls and paste the .bmp file into that folder. You'll then have two files in that folder - the one you just put there, and Template.bmp.

b. Open up your Sims 2 Projects/Floors folder. Copy your wall texture .bmp file. Navigate to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects/HomeCrafter Plus/Floors and paste the .bmp file into that folder. You'll then have two files in that folder - the one you just put there, and Template.bmp.

c. Open up your Sims 2 Projects/Groundcovers folder. Copy your wall texture .bmp file. Navigate to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects/HomeCrafter Plus/Ground Cover and paste the .bmp file into that folder. You'll then have two files in that folder - the one you just put there, and Template.bmp.

that does not make sense
Test Subject
#213 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:18 AM
help help help
hi, i installed home crafter and when i dubble clicked on the icon on my desk top nothing happen so i right clicked then click run as it worked but when i tryed to find My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects/HomeCrafter Plus/Walls it was not there all i found was My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects so then i uninstalledit and then deleted the insaller abd tryed to downloand and install it again. it downloaded ok but when i tryed to install it abox pops up and says: run don't run, so i cliked run but nothing happens
plz help
Test Subject
#214 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:23 AM
im also new to making costom content and new to the site ive had the game for about 1-2 years and have night life and open for bussines, just thought you might like to now.
Test Subject
#215 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 12:34 PM
thank you sooo much
thank you so much for this great explanation you don't have any idea how much it helped me
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 4:35 PM
An advice for when looking for good resources to wallpaper is to look in wallpaper online shops. Sometimes their pictures of the wallpapers are tiling. =)

:)
Test Subject
#217 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 5:42 PM
Default Just wondering....

Like can you the regular paint in start and accerssories?
Test Subject
#218 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 5:43 PM
Cause i really want to make stuff
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:40 PM
sheilah - No. MS Paint is crap. You need a real editor. It says that in the very beginning of the tutorial.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#220 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 2:57 PM
first of all grate job!!!

i have a problem maybe someone can halp me..
i have done a wall a floor and all.. and it looks good..
then in the Homecrafter it looked good....
i have done every thing you said.. but it does'nt show in the game.. -its just not there..
and not in my download folder (i think)...
what should i do?
Test Subject
#221 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 5:49 AM
This is a really helpful tutorial. You made it seem extremely easy. Thanks!

I do have one problem though. I've done everything as you've mentioned and it came out fine. But for me, Homecrafter is not working. I double click on it but nothing happens. I've uninstalled it and downloaded it again but it still does not seem to work. Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks again!
Helptato
#222 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:40 PM
Homecrafter plus doesnt work for me o.o
which is a shame,because I would like to create walls and floors for my houses.
Test Subject
#223 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:36 AM
Default Can You Do The Tutorial Again???
Instead of using the Adobe Photoshop or Paint.NET, can you show the steps by using GIMP???
Thanks!
:google:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#224 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:13 AM
Miss_Neat - No. I'm not redoing the whole tutorial for a different program. If you're at all familiar with GIMP, what is being done here should be nothing special or mind-blowing. There are other basic tutorials on GIMP on this site and around the internet.

Test Subject
#225 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:50 AM
Thank you for the tutorial. I like that there are lots of pictures, it makes it much easier to follow. However, after I followed all the steps in the tutorial, the wall, floor, and ground cover I made showed up fine in Homecrafter, but they are not showing up in my game and I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
Page 9 of 16