Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimVille - Neighborhood complete with lots *UPD 13sep07*

by MaryLou Posted 10th Sep 2007 at 1:58 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2010 at 12:55 AM by Phaenoh : fixing category

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 153 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Instructor
#76 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 5:40 AM
This is a beautiful neighborhood. I am looking forward to using it. One question: Is there room for more residential lots across the bridge or is that only for the cemetary? It looks like only 13 residential lots in the main part and I tend to have large families that spread about all over the place.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#77 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
This is a beautiful neighborhood. I am looking forward to using it. One question: Is there room for more residential lots across the bridge or is that only for the cemetary? It looks like only 13 residential lots in the main part and I tend to have large families that spread about all over the place.

In the cemetery area there are a lot of neighborhood decorations (trees, ancient ruins etc.), but you can remove them while in neighborhood view, so to make room for your additional lots. The terrain is not so plain and even, in that area, but this shouldn't prevent building lots, as long as you place them next to an existing road.

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by lucky696
can someone help me please? i put everything in my neighborhood folder like it says but its not showing up, help please

Double check that the files are installed in the correct positions:

1) Open the folder (Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods: you should see the folder G999, some other folders and only one file named "NeighborhoodManager.package".
You should NOT see folders like "Characters", "Lots" or similar, here! You should only see folders with short names, composed by one letter and three digits.

2) If everything is OK, open the subfolder G999: you should see several folders, like "Characters", "Lots", "Storytelling" and others; and you should also see the files "G999_Neighborhood.package", "G999_Neighborhood.png" and others.
You should NOT see a folder named "G999", here! In other words, the G999 folder can NOT contain another G999 folder (this is a frequent error).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:11 AM
@hedgekat: If I remember fine, near the cemetery (in the complete neighborhood) you can add some mini-lots without delete anything (1x2), near the ruins you can add some lots 3x1, or 4x1, or 1x3, 1x4 without delete them.
You can delete the trees or the ruins, OR you can also move them to find the room for new lots.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:12 AM
This is so amazing.
I applaud all the effort of everyone that has taken the time to do this.
Well done!
Scholar
#80 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 12:30 PM
I am extremely happy with this after playing a family with it. It runs excellently, fast and not at all choppy.
Test Subject
#81 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:08 PM
I love this full neighborhood idea. Are there any others out there as wonderful as this that I can use as a second neighborhood? Or is there a way to change the name so I can use it again? Thank you so much for all your hard work! I was up till after midnight playing this neighborhood.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:24 PM
Woah. You can tell how much effort has gone into this, and the result is fabulous! Thanks for all your hard work guys!
Test Subject
#83 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 11:37 PM
ok so after i put it in the folder for the 5th time it finally worked. thanks
Instructor
#84 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 8:35 AM
I had immediately a question but it was answered in the first posts. I wanted to be sure that there were no Sims in it. I mean I can no more even see one of the original Maxis characters without revolving my stomach. All the past years I've been correcting facial structures over and over again. I want absolutely clean hoods so that I can place my own "folks" in it. (Ghosts are OK and I hope they don't become "No Character Data" by the first EP reset).
Your work is fantastic, amazing and aplauds are too little.
It is a start of a new generation where the players are given choice of who they want to play with. Thanks very much. By the way I consider you, Mary Lou, as my favourite game content creator. Thanks bunches.
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:43 PM
Fabulous work! :lovestruc Thank you all soooooo much!!
Inventor
#86 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:24 PM
I have played most of these lots on my existing neighbourhood and they are all just wonderful, thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:35 AM
I thought this looked really great. Then I installed it and had a look at the neighborhood and lots. It is better than great! Fantastico! Kudos to the team. You are a talented bunch.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 12:13 PM
This looks amazing! Thank you for all your work! I'm looking forward to exploring this!

Miao.
Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:16 AM
I LOVE this neighbourhood! *hugs to MaryLou, Numerenor, everyone!!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:44 AM
I have downloaded and installed this fantastic neighbourhood. I normally only play Pleasantville but not any more. my only thing is, 6c has flashing stairs. are these recoloured or should I just remove them? absolutely a magnificent job down by you all. WOW!!!!.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#91 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 10:22 AM
Poundingheart - As far as I can say, absolutely no custom content (neither meshes nor recolours) has been used while building those lots. I really don't know how it could be happen.
Every time each of us team members created a lot, the lot has been loaded and tested in all the other members' games, and no one of us had that problem.
In particular, MaryLou and I have loaded the lots in a BaseGameStarter clean environment (i.e. without anything at all in the Downloads), and the stairs were not flashing...

I'm saying all these things because... I don't know what solution to suggest you -
I can only suggest to delete the stairs and rebuild them.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:26 AM
My mind is racing thanks to you! It's absolutely f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c!!! Thanks thanks thanks! :D

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo.

Please take a look at my profile for more creations of mine: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=176246
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:40 PM Last edited by xamberly : 16th Sep 2007 at 4:50 PM.
It's awesome!!

But I'm getting a file corrupt message when I try to download it =/.

**when I try and install it >_<. Sorry for the mixup.
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:16 PM
Oh oh I had not still seen all assembling to it… is beautiful !!!
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:43 PM
This neighborhood is what I always wanted for my movies! And the lots are actually good! Thanks!
Test Subject
#96 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:50 PM
Ive dled the G999-Full thing more than 10 times but every time it says its corrupted. I Tried different downloading accelerators but it is still not working its corrupted always.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xdeath
I Tried different downloading accelerators but it is still not working its corrupted always.

I don't know why, and I can't help you: the only thing I can tell you is to try to re-download it.
I have tried 2 minutes ago, and it works fine, I have downloaded the upload G999-Full.rar and then I have extract the folder inside without problem.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#98 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:53 AM
Thank you for replying so quickly Numenor, I am not sure either so yes I will delete and re do the stairs. cheers and fantastic work to all of you.
Test Subject
#99 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:52 AM
I have an issue, not sure what is going on. I have no NPCs or townies. I did not get a newspaper on my first day in the new house, and no welcome wagon either. I DID get a Gardening Club member, and I have generated some townies by visiting a community lot, but I can't interact with any of them. Any ideas?
evil, creative, daredevil, hopeless romantic, genius
retired moderator
#100 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:17 AM
xdeath don't use a download accelerator to download the file. That's probably what the problem is. Just download it normally through your browser, then install it. BTW MaryLou, this is quickly becoming my favorite neighborhood to play. Excellent work guys!!

Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers…
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow
Page 4 of 7