Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Transparent Floor Tile Set

by RGiles Posted 24th Dec 2004 at 1:08 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2007 at 9:55 PM by MTS2Staff

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 153 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 5:24 AM
So far transparent walls aren't working. Maybe we'll be able to change that, but I don't know.

This tiles don't use any texture map, so nope, not photoshop. I removed the texture completely and edited the MATD file, which is a sort of 3D shader. You can set the object's color and transparency level in it. I'm going to be writing a short tutorial for it (it's quite easy) but I just haven't gotten to it yet... I'm doing too many things at once.

RG
Forum Resident
#52 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 1:59 PM
Really must try these RG, they sound so cool, I loved those clear tiles in sims 1, they were indispensable to me, big big thank you for sharing with us & all your hard work.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 3:17 PM
yeah, textureless alls are different from textureles floors, the walls still have a wallpaper...
Test Subject
#54 Old 9th Jan 2005 at 3:22 PM
Hey RG thanxs, I rememeber the SimKagen version for the TS1 and loved them as much as I think I will love these tiles.
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 5:19 PM
Here is a tutorial for how I made these tiles:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37846

RG
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 8:47 PM
Yes yes yes! I was hoping for these floors!
Thank you so much for sharing them!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 2:16 AM
:howdy: Your foors are just wonderfull!!!! Work fine. Thank you for doing the hard work for us decoraters. Greetings Renate
Forum Resident
#58 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:10 PM
Man, I was just thinking that someone should make these! I'm going to make a 'pathway' across my pool. I tried it out - here's how they look (and moveobjects on cheat was not used to place the plant)...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:18 AM
OMG!These are great :yippee
Thank you

~ miral ~
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 1:38 AM
Oh yay! I can't wait to ahve this in my game.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 4:41 AM
Default RGiles Please Help!
I've been having so much fun with your wonderfully created transparent floor tile! Thank you so much. But, I have run into a problem. I just put a few more floors into my game and there is one that conflicts with transparent floor tile. The conflicting floor shows up as the transparent one, but still has the original description, and when I click on edit the program crashes. Bummer! And I want both of them. Would you know what the problem is? Can it be fixed? How?

Thanks so much!

Black Holes are where God divided by zero. -Steven Wright
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 5:48 AM
LyssaKi,

Do you happen to know which floor package is causing the conflict? Is it a downloaded floor, or one of the originals?

RG
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 5:56 AM
It's a downloaded floor.
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 7:31 AM
If you can track down the file with the conflict, maybe you can post it so that I can look? If the files all have weird names, there's only one way I can think to find it...

Make a backup of your Downloads folder (so you don't lose the floor permanently) and then in the game, delete the conflicting floor tile. Then you can compare the 2 folders to see which one is missing.

If they don't all have crazy names, though, maybe you can just find it by name.

I'm trying to think what the problem would be. When you try to edit a transparent tile, that will crash HCP. It's a known issue. But unless this floor was intentended to also be transparent, there must be a conflict. :/ Since the file names and numbers in mine were all generated by HCP, that doesn't bode well for HCP floors.

RG
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 12:41 PM
Hello
Sorry, my English is bad. First, thanks for the download.
I started the homecrafter, and it crash. I must delete the floor - tiles from you, and it was ok. I want you say this, but it is not really a problem, I make it out from the game, while I use the homecrafter, and after I make it back in the game.
Sorry for my Englisch :howdy: bye Mirena
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 10:54 PM
RGiles, here's the conflicting floor tile. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  floor_eefab4ae.rar (389.3 KB, 83 downloads)

Black Holes are where God divided by zero. -Steven Wright
Field Researcher
#67 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 5:04 AM
These tiles are Beyond Cool. Thank You So much! :clap: :elephant: :yippee:
Original Poster
#68 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 10:57 AM
LyssaKi,

I can't reproduce the problem. When I view this tile in Homecrafter Plus, it displays correctly and I'm able to edit it.

Could somebody else who has my tiles installed please download this (really cool looking) carpet and let me know if you have the same problem LyssaKi is reporting?

Thanks
RG
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 10:06 AM
im floored!! lol

These are great.
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:56 PM
Awesome floors! I SO hoped for these - and the metal grill floor is brilliant too! Thanks so very much!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 8:22 AM
Thank you so much! These floors are fantastic!
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 10:04 PM
Thanks. I've missed having transparent floors.
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 10:18 PM
Not sure if it was posted, but It wont work for me when I put it on grass ground (Such as in a basement).
Original Poster
#74 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 4:56 PM
Saiyaz, Yes it was mentioned. Of course it won't work. If you put a piece of glass on the ground outside of your home, would you expect to be able to see through the earth? Nope. :D

Anyway... these have been tested and are working with the EP.

RG
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 12:31 AM
no update on clear walls. I have a project in the waiting that is going to rely on clear walls and floors, and I have all my photographs ready for recreating it. has there been any progress with clear walls. I mean, I guess I can use reluger blank walls and try to make a texture, but it just wouldnt be the same.
Page 3 of 7