Replies: 405 (Who?), Viewed: 23903 times.
Page 17 of 17
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#401 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 1:12 PM
If people are buying the base game to get free content, EA’s plan worked. The kit stops being free right around the time the base game is free. It doesn’t matter that people are spending $20 now and not $5 later. Free now is free now.

Lastly, they know they can sell full priced DLC when the BARREN BASE GAME is sold for less or free. The company has the potential to get $1000+ out of someone when the base game is in their library. I’m sure they have numbers for base game to Kit, Stuff, Game, and Expansion pack conversions.

Remember - EA is greedy, but not stupid.

I don’t doubt the Sims 5 will have a similar model as this model is what saved The Sims 4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 1:35 PM
I've never said EA is / was stupid. If they can manipulate people in some form, they're all over it which was my point. It isn't a mistake that the base game goes free a day after the kit is no longer free; it was intentional for the very reason I pointed out. They want people to plunk down a $20.00 for a $5.00 kit. The added bonus is that they want a credit card number to get the free kit.

People gobble this stuff up while touting that they've got the multi-billion gaming company beat. Sure, it's just as bad as those that tout they've got all the big banks beat with rewards. Okay, sis or bruh. There is a reason Andrew Wilson is paid almost 20 million a year; it isn't because he's a nice guy. The same goes for bank CEOs and other CEOs of big business companies.
Scholar
#403 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
The added bonus is that they want a credit card number to get the free kit.

Can't believe that, no way will I give them my credit card details for free content, but anyway by the look of the micro-kit, i am not missing much.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#404 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Can't believe that, no way will I give them my credit card details for free content

You don't have to; just select the paypal button and it will let you check out without putting in any details.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#405 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Can't believe that, no way will I give them my credit card details for free content, but anyway by the look of the micro-kit, i am not missing much.

At least one person has 'replicated' the same look using stuff from other packs and another version that only uses items from the base game.

I Have Mixed Feelings About The SIms 4 Desert Luxe Kit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQM1edLWTQ

As for the credit card thing, if people have their card on file, it makes it really easy to buy more stuff. No thought required; just click to purchase and download.
Instructor
#406 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 12:16 AM Last edited by foxmanic : 17th Sep 2022 at 5:12 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
The added bonus is that they want a credit card number to get the free kit.

Since I just went and got the free kit from Origin: if you go through My Game Library > Choose Sims 4 and then under it click on More > Kits and then find the Desert Luxe kit you can get it for free through that and then just scroll back down and download it, no inputting credit card info required. I was really confused too when I first went to get it through the Browse Games section and it threw me the payment screen, then tried under that and could download it hassle free there.
Page 17 of 17