Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 8:57 PM
Default Mod to get rid of snow instead
I want to make screenshots but the snow looks horrible... I just want to jump in and make pictures without saving but I cant get rid of the snow instant... I can change weather and season but the snow is still there... any mod to change that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 10:09 PM
Maybe use the "snow on ground - off" tick box in the graphic settings. I think it turns the snow off, at least for the ground. Not sure for everywhere else, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 11:23 AM
It only gets rid of deep snow but not any of the snow textures... The snow texture is the most issue here cause it looks bad,the lighting is off and some plants have no leafs... I have snow on the ground always off
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 4:56 PM
I don't know if you can remove the snow instantly. You can turn off weather for a lot with mods, but you usually have to wait for the snow to melt (might help to first turn up the temperature until the snow has melted, then reset back to neutral).

Seasons and weather controller from Simwardrobe could be helpful:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/87861/
(looks like a green vase ingame, I think it's in Misc/Misc).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 6:33 PM
If you go into buy mode the snow will disappear, but you'll end up with grid lines on the ground outside. If you're doing indoor screenshots they can be angled not to show.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 9:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Aug 2022 at 10:11 PM.
You can use "R" to remove the grid lines temporarily, and then activate "Tab" for camera mode. It does work without camera mode too, but then you have to keep track of where the arrow is pointing.
(it activates the design tool, so make sure you're not pointing to anything designable or it will glow).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 11:46 PM
Buy or build mode then click the colour swatch or "R" maybe also the dropper tool all remove grid lines. (there is also a mod that removes grid lines permanently) Then click TAB and get in your picture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 3:04 PM
Doesnt get rid of the snow texture on the roof and outside the Lot unfortunally :/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 3:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Aug 2022 at 3:57 PM.
Maybe this one? https://simnopke.tumblr.com/post/69...weather-manager
(Accumulation Level…)

If the mod above doesn't do the trick, then the snow has to melt. You'll have to either raise the temperature on the lot (keep sims inside or they'll probably have a heatstroke), and/or make it rain (but make sure the temperature isn't cold, or it'll start to hail/snow). This should cause the snow to melt faster. You should be able to do this with either one of the mods I've posted links for (Simwardrobe's or Simnopke's).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 5:28 PM
Amazing! This Mod comes out just in Time! It has the option to clear instant all snow Thanks
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 6:33 AM
The weather manager is also available from this site and I just downloaded it for when sims move house to fix the seasons and days if they don't stay for a whole year or moved in while a year was in progress.