Locked thread | Replies: 37 (Who?), Viewed: 20255 times.
Page 2 of 2
Scholar
#26 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnefriends
I wonder if they would allow @fbi.gov to register?

Offtopicness

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Offtopicness

LOL at the term "cray", I had a supervisor at a previous job who used to say that all the time. Don't be offended, it's usually people that are pretty that I see use that term, well other than Masuka on Dexter who used it once.

Back on topic, I wonder if Simbiology (or Websleuths for that matter) would recognize some of the lesser known freebie accounts like Excite.com and Cooltoad.com as such?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
While looking at the "fix", I think it may be an issue with a TM symbol. The fix doesn't have it, but it's my understanding the game files and reg file does.

Hmm, the install directory doesn't have TM on it. In my case the game's installed at:
Code:
E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:26 AM
I'm not sure what the value of the reg file is, when it's so much simpler to fix the file paths in SimPE's options, without having to worry about 32-bit vs 64-bit and TM vs no TM...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha
I'm not sure what the value of the reg file is, when it's so much simpler to fix the file paths in SimPE's options, without having to worry about 32-bit vs 64-bit and TM vs no TM...

It points to the same directory, and I'm on x64.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph
It points to the same directory, and I'm on x64.

Wow, you're back to playing TS2 Blake? That's awesome! :-)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
Good to know - I've redeemed UC but haven't installed it. It's one of those where if I was sat in front of the computer with the problem, it'd take all of two minutes to solve (well, plus an extra five waiting for SimPE), but you can't really tell other people to just figure out, for goodness sake, it's easy. :P

Undead Molten Llama
#33 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:52 PM
I know you were probably being sarcastic, Nysha, but...Why not? I mean, if you're using SimPE at all, then you're likely using it to make mods or to poke around in your game to dick around with stuff "under the hood," so to speak. And if a person seriously can't figure out how to get the file table to point to proper places, then I seriously worry about any mods that person makes or any of their neighborhoods that they dick around with. I mean, even *I* figured out, all by myself, how to fix the file table back when I had Fun With Pets, from which I had only installed M&G, and the M&G stuff didn't show in SimPE. And I'm pretty much at the idiot/knows-enough-to-be-dangerous level when it comes to computer things.

But, you know, whatever.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:00 PM
Well since a lot of you here say it is just so easy to do why don't one of you do it here and post it.

Not every one is computer smart and know how to do it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Undead Molten Llama
#35 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:06 PM
True. As I said, I'm a mostly-idiot when it comes to computers, but a little poking around in the preferences tab thingy made it pretty obvious what needed to be done. Granted, it might be a little bit different with the UC if nothing shows in the file table to use as an example, but generally it's a very easy thing to figure out. If people are going to be hiding things behind links, then the least that someone could do is to say something like, "Hey, if you can't see that link and don't want to register, then here's how to do it manually." If someone were to ask the question here, I'd answer it because, Hey! That's something I can ACTUALLY DO! But I wouldn't hide my answer/solution behind a link if I knew that not everyone would be able to get at it. But maybe that's just me. I "get" the point of the registering thing; I just don't see the point of making registering more difficult than it needs to be, is all.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
Original Poster
30th Jul 2014 at 4:25 PM
This message has been deleted by marka93. Reason: not needed anymore
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 5:07 PM
marka, because it involves changing your SimPE settings. I can't change someone else's SimPE settings for them, let alone everyone's SimPE settings. But the short version is:
1. Open SimPE.
2. Go Extra -> Preferences
3. Open the System Folders tab
4. Check that the stuff listed there is correct. If any paths are wrong, click Browse and navigate to the right path.
6. Restart SimPE. It should reload the file table and correctly detect everything.

If things still aren't working:
1. Go back to Preferences
2. Open the File Table Tab.
3. Scroll through the bottom half of the window. If any folders for the EPs and SPs included in UC are listed as {missing} or {not found}, click on them and navigate to the right location, in Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/etc
4. Make sure that the EPs and SPs you want to use are ticked in the top half of the window. Make sure Graphics is ticked (this ensures that your cloned objects get textures).

I hope you see what I mean - I wasn't trying to be snarky or all "Nyeh neyh, I get it and you don't". It's just that it's pretty intuitive, but requires some active braining to recognise what the paths should or shouldn't be for your own computer, and thus the best you can do is to sort of send people in the right direction - or release a registry file, which has simple instructions but is actually no easier or harder to use.

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 6:53 PM
SimPE is required to delete a Sim in the safest manner we know of - see "How to delete a Sim correctly" in my signature. Since EA didn't patch the family bin delete button in UC, yes, this is crucial.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
I know you were probably being sarcastic, Nysha, but...Why not? I mean, if you're using SimPE at all, then you're likely using it to make mods or to poke around in your game to dick around with stuff "under the hood," so to speak. And if a person seriously can't figure out how to get the file table to point to proper places, then I seriously worry about any mods that person makes or any of their neighborhoods that they dick around with. I mean, even *I* figured out, all by myself, how to fix the file table back when I had Fun With Pets, from which I had only installed M&G, and the M&G stuff didn't show in SimPE. And I'm pretty much at the idiot/knows-enough-to-be-dangerous level when it comes to computer things.

But, you know, whatever.

I use SimPE but they only thing I use it for is to see Sims DNA with their dominant and recessive hair and eyes colors, skin tones, and maybe change their interests a little. That is all. I know nothing of poking around in it to do all the things it can do, and I haven't the first clue how to make mods or anything. Just because someone uses SimPE does not mean they are making mods or anything or that they know how to in the least.

My Simblr
They/He
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2